As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

knitdan's super happy natural goodtime family [chat]

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Ed

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Despite all my rage
    I must still support Krogan genophage

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Nintendo doubled its Net Worth the last year milking the Pokemon teet. I mean if they hate money they can give me some o that 40 bil dollars.

Pokemon had something to do with it but Nintendo also sold off their baseball team.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    You want to see a weird children's show there's a christian kid's movie series about an anthropomorphic book and a dog that's really a 40 year old man in a dog costume and a bunch of children in a forest and the dog acts like a dog with the kids and it's super goddamn creepy

what is wrong with evangelicals
    His name is Psalty. I may have watched several of these growing up. It's really frickin' creepy in hindsight. He almost looks like blackface:
    hqdefault.jpg

Holy shit it is real and not just a product of my deranged mind

noo

it could be both

thanks to the curse, the products of your deranged mind become extant horrors

Mr_Blobby%2C_2009.jpg

nibXTE7.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    My knowledge of Lazy Town is the chans were obsessed with the female lead for a while in that creepy way only the chans can be.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Despite all my rage

you're a monster

Bless your heart.
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    My knowledge of Lazy Town is the chans were obsessed with the female lead for a while in that creepy way only the chans can be.

and the music is hilarious

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Despite all my rage

Space History's greatest space monster.

sig.gif
    Aioua wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    You want to see a weird children's show there's a christian kid's movie series about an anthropomorphic book and a dog that's really a 40 year old man in a dog costume and a bunch of children in a forest and the dog acts like a dog with the kids and it's super goddamn creepy

what is wrong with evangelicals
    His name is Psalty. I may have watched several of these growing up. It's really frickin' creepy in hindsight. He almost looks like blackface:
    hqdefault.jpg

Holy shit it is real and not just a product of my deranged mind

noo

it could be both

thanks to the curse, the products of your deranged mind become extant horrors

Mr_Blobby%2C_2009.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MXYC_jX2Wc

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    My upcoming game The Hot Gay Adventures of Achilles and Patroclus will of course be a Nintendo Switch & macOS exclusive

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Nintendo doubled its Net Worth the last year milking the Pokemon teet. I mean if they hate money they can give me some o that 40 bil dollars.

Pokemon had something to do with it but Nintendo also sold off their baseball team.

Oh yeah I forgot they sold the Ms. Still was only like 700mil right?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Actually it was about ethics in kid show hostesses.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    You know everyone I've ever witness play ME got pissed off that you had to choose between Ashley and Kaidan.
    They wanted to know why you couldn't just leave them both
    :tell_me_more:

Bless your heart.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

how would that change their net worth though

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    TTODewback wrote: »
    You know everyone I've ever witness play ME got pissed off that you had to choose between Ashley and Kaidan.
    "God, do I really have to choose between Carth and a jingoist space nazi?"

um I boned Ashley in 1 and went back to her in 3 she's all I ever wanted in a digital waifu

HerrCron wrote: »
    Despite all my rage

Space History's greatest space monster.

That's what it says on my business card.

Also, "Business Analyst".

um I boned Ashley in 1 and went back to her in 3 she's all I ever wanted in a digital waifu

"Porp tell me about your human centric policies again, I need to get it up!"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    @six is awesome.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Hold on. That 40 billion number seems way too high.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    @six is awesome.

He ain't shy about it, 'neither

can you feel the struggle within?

she really..jumped the shark on you in ME2 though
    Also she's dumb

Bless your heart.
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    six is awesome.

Get the Metallica? I actually am enjoying it. I dont listen to it front to back like the older stuff but its still pretty good.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

joke answer: well they somehow got 700mil for a team that's worth about $700...

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Do you know why @Six was afraid of Seven?
    No, seriously, anyone know? Seven seems cool. WHY DO PEOPLE JUST LAUGH WHEN I ASK THIS QUESTION?!?!?!

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    visiblehowl how was my stream last night? was i being coherent and engaging? i need tips and you're good at it

Uh, I dunno about that last part, but I thought your stream was fine, it's just that Gwent is kind of a rough game for new players to watch.

Like, Hearthstone isn't a simple game by any means, but it's a more traditional competitive card game, so it's easier to grasp for someone completely unfamiliar with it. You have your hero's health, there are minions on the board with prominent Attack and Health numbers, the mana crystals are really obvious, etc etc. Say what you will about the game itself, but Blizzard clearly intended for it to be an e-sport, and by extension really streamable, and the design reflects that really well.

Gwent is really untraditional. There isn't a built-in attack mechanic, the cards you're playing don't have health or anything, and the only prominent number is the Strength (or Power or whatever it's called) which is essentially a "score". Once you have completed a round, it becomes obvious that you're trying to beat the other player's score, but it's really unclear what the different rows mean, and once a card is on the board you lose a lot of information about it. Hearthstone does this too, obviously, you don't see the descriptions of the cards unless you hover over them, but there are still prominent shapes and icons that have a meaning that's easy to pick up. Big shield around a minion means it's a taunt, the skull and crossbones means something will happen when it dies, plus other things like Divine Shield and Stealth and Frozen and whatnot. Gwent mostly has the score and the artwork, plus some weather effects and I guess some status effects, but the symbology is a little murkier.

This is all fine, as long as you explain what's going on, which I think you did really well. There's only so much you can do, however, and if someone pops in but doesn't ask anything in chat, you have no way of knowing that you might need to educate someone on the basics.

I'd say keep doing what you're doing, just be sure to always explain why things are happening. You did a good job of explaining your thought process and strategic choices, but I think that's secondary to making sure people understand what's happening in the game, at least until you're relatively sure that most of your audience understands the basics. Sometimes your opponent would play a card, and suddenly A BUNCH OF THINGS SPAWN ON THE FIELD or A WHOLE BUNCH OF NUMBERS GO UP OR DOWN, and occasionally you missed the opportunity to provide some context.

Aside from Gwent specifically, like when you're playing Nioh or something, I think just shooting the shit with your chat is fine, and your random remarks as you play are also fine. Talking to nobody is a pain, as I well know, and I think you're better at that than I am. Interaction with your viewers is the best thing you can do, though, and I'm lucky enough to have a lot of conversation happening in my chat lately. It's really easy to play off of that, and viewers are more invested because they're contributing to the stream. I think it would be a huge improvement if you could figure out a way to set up a static view of your chat rather than checking your phone once in awhile. I get that when you're playing something like Nioh you won't be able to constantly engage with chat even if you can always see it, because you have to move around and do stuff. I struggled with that when I streamed Sleeping Dogs even though the chat window was literally right next to the game window; there are too many long sequences where I can't look away even for a second because I'll crash a car or get hit in a fight. Max Payne has been better for this, because it's mostly "clear a room, check for items, open door, clear next room, etc" so there are lots of breaks. With a game like Gwent, though, where it's turn based and there doesn't appear to be a strict timer, I think you'd benefit a lot from talking to your chat in "realtime" (in quotes because of the delay) rather than catching up on what people have said every few minutes.

Other than all that, you're a charming handsome fella who plays interesting games, so you're in pretty good shape. The stuff I wrote above is pretty minor comparatively.

@OnTheLastCastle

vRyue2p.png
    Guys we have a no ME in chat rule for a reason.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    six is awesome.

Get the Metallica? I actually am enjoying it. I dont listen to it front to back like the older stuff but its still pretty good.

Yeah. I'm waiting till I get home as I'm not redeeming a digital download at work.

she really..jumped the shark on you in ME2 though
    Also she's dumb

well she said we were through (I THOUGHT WE WERE ON A BREAK) and Miranda has a booty that don't need explainin...

Anyone want to watch me play video games?

I guarantee you a night of torture pleasure. Abject pleasure. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeasure.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I'm not saying I have anime but I'm not saying I'm not

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    i wish someone would be like 'all mobile screens will henceforth be 5" in size and 300 dpi in density' and that would be that

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

To try and make people forget about Mordin

It won't work

I AM THE VERY MODEL OF A *Thud*

Miranda Lawson is Yvonne Strahovski so whatever she's my waifu forever

This woman playing Barbara Whatever on Gotham is smokin'

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    James wrote: »
    i wish someone would be like 'all mobile screens will henceforth be 5" in size and 300 dpi in density' and that would be that

Jobs bless you my child

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    then what are you doing here hohohoho

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    hmm apparently it wasn't just that they sold the mariners

they sold (most of) their stake in a holding company that was the mariners and a sports network (ROOT sports)

so that's where the value came from

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    wandering wrote: »
    then what are you doing here hohohoho

i was waiting for someone to post that so i didn't have to be that terrible.
    thank you mr pink cow person

Bless your heart.
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Spoilers I murdered Mordin.

He wasn't as great as everyone seems to think, and he had his back toward me.

PSN: Honkalot
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Spoilers I murdered Mordin.

He wasn't as great as everyone seems to think, and he had his back toward me.

Crucial question: Was Wrex alive at the time?

This discussion has been closed.