As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Miniphalla] Belarus (GAME OVER) | Victory of Freedom!

167891012»

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Unless the last freedom fighter stuffs up again, both villagers are dead.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Provided they don't target the vote kill again, the only way there will be a result is if one of either the freedom fighters or kgb gets vote killed and they both target the two villagers. If a villager is vote killed they'll both target each other and the remaining villager in which case everyone dies. So, seeing as I can't possibly survive, how about one of you helps me take you all down with me?

!retract Last Son
    !vote evilbob

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This is indeed a strange phalla.

!vote El Skid for now- I like the way Bob thinks.

El Skid on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    evilbob wrote: »
    D: Can everyone die? Has that ever happened before?

PhallAWESOME

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    El Skid wrote: »
    This is indeed a strange phalla.

!vote El Skid for now- I like the way Bob thinks.

The point of his plan was not for everyone to vote for themselves, but for everyone to vote for evilbob.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I know exactly what he wants to do, and I agree with his reasoning. Hence, I am voting for myself. Deal with it :P

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    El Skid wrote: »
    I know exactly what he wants to do, and I agree with his reasoning. Hence, I am voting for myself. Deal with it :P

I see what you did there.

Last Son on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Zot wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    D: Can everyone die? Has that ever happened before?

PhallAWESOME

Through the Greatwood Phalla.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    !Vote Evilbob, hes plan sounds pretty decent and I really don't think he is evil.

Last Son on
  • Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    And the winner is?

*drum roll*

Valkun on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2007
    I was at a hockey game. I'm writing a big narration to make up of the otherwise lack-of.

Suspenseful victory. Literally came down to the village vote.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Five Days. It had been only 5 days since the explosions dumped immense amounts of nuclear fallout onto Belarus. The residents might not have realized it, but their chance of survival from that alone was slim. Why had they not been evacuated?

Last Son darted from street corner to street corner, the rest of his team had been killed in one of the first firefights that broke out when they entered the town. The mission had blatantly gone to shit in a handbasket. Evacuating the citizens was almost impossible with the constant sabatoges and attacks from the Freedom Fighters. For some reason or another, the group did NOT want the KGB to escape with or without citizens, how few of them left there were.

There was a commotion going on in the town square when Last Son arrived, hiding behind a broken down wall he listened as three people argued. It seemed that they had finally begun to feel the effects of the radiation, and they wanted to get out.

No! We must stay here and hold our ground, do not run to the capitalist dogs that wish to 'protect' you!" the armed figure barked.

We will leave now, you do not control us anymore!

I am sorry, but I cannot allow you to leave, you will give your life for Mother Russia!

Last Son knew that he had to move in before things got ugly, but as he turned the corner he realized that he was already too late. With a bang, evilbob slumped to the ground, a bullet sent through the back of his head. El Skid laughed, and shouted "It was necessary, comrade."

"What have you done? Why did you kill him!" Zellpher cried out in a pathetic attempt to reason with the insane gunman.

PUT YOUR WEAPON DOWN NOW!
    Last Son shouted as he closed in on the targets.

El Skid grabbed Zellpher, and pointed his pistol to the villager's head. "Don't even tempt me, capitalist dog. If another few innocents must die to protect Mother Russia, I will gladly lay my life down!"

Capitalist? You don't get it do you? This place is covered in fallout, Nuclear Radiation. If we don't get you people out of here you're all going to die! I've been trying to help and you morons have been standing in my way at every corner!

Help? You want to help these people? I know what happened here. We know what happened here! You just want to take them off to your secret labs so you can study them... study the effects of the experiment!

Last Son did not respond. He moved in and opened fire on El Skid, who quickly ducked and threw Zellpher at the charging Operative, using him as a shield as the villager was riddled with bullets. Skid fired at the feet of Last Son, missing with every shot.

Fool, you missed me.

click, click, click. The Operative's clip was empty.

Pathetic capitalist. I wasn't aiming at you.

Last Son looked down at his feet and saw the line of explosives that had been rigged into the dirt. Looking to his right and left he saw the lines zig zagging down both sides of the main drag, and sectioning off down every street and through every house.

You...

At 14:02:31 on the 1st day of May, 1986, a third set of explosions tore southern Belarus apart. Casualties are numbered in the hundreds.

the Dead:

evilbob - Villager killed by Freedom Fighters
    Zellpher - Villager killed by KGB Operatives

Last Son - KGB Operative killed by Freedom Fighters
    El Skid - Leader of the People's Militia of Homiel Defense and Prosperity, detonated himself

FREEDOM FIGHTER VICTORY!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Well let's face it, that was bound to happen from the start. The KGB was completely crippled as of whenever we managed to pin two of them in a single day. Oh well :( Will there be a reveal post?

Also, on a slightly related note, when I first saw this game's title, I saw "Belairus" The first thing I thought was "Oh my god, WILL SMITH IS A SPECIAL!"

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    The Village Specials: Raakam, Valkun
    You like to watch things. From your window, from the town square, from your car. You always know what is going on with everyone. You were the first to spot them. All of the ones who started to appear in the village.

Every night PM me the name of another player, and their alignment will be revealed to you.

KGB Operatives: Sgt. Shamus, Sgt. Last Son, Commander Oatway
    You are a member of a KGB special ops team, who has been sent here by an unknown wing of the Soviet Government to evacuate citizens after the second accident. You hope to move in quickly and quietly, but you are prepared for a fight if one must take place.

Your primary objective is to defeat the People's Militia, who have brainwashed the villagers into staying put, even though the area has become highly contaminated. Once they have been removed from the playing field, you will complete this objective and the villagers will be free from influence.

Evacuate is a broad term; a more correct word would be Control. Your secondary objective is to outnumber the remaining villagers, either by word, or by force.

You will win the game if both objectives are met.

Every night you get two kills, PM me the kills by the end of the day. Oatway is the leader of this team, if he dies, one of your kills will go with him.

Freedom Fighters: Comrade Rend, Comrade Whod, Captain El Skid
    You are a member of the People's Militia of Homiel Defense and Prosperity. Shortly after the explosions rocked the very foundation of your town, you began to notice figures creeping in from the town. Now is the time to rise up in arms and defeat the invaders for the greater glory of Homiel! You must protect the village at all costs!

Your primary objective is to defeat the KGB Operatives who are trying to silence you and the people who live in your village. By eliminating the KGB faction, you will complete this objective.

Your secondary objective is to leave no chance of dissent from your rule, once the outside forces have been removed. To complete this objective you must outnumber the villagers.

You will win the game if both objectives are met.

Every night you get two kills, PM me the kills by the end of the day. Cheez has also been elected the captain of the militia, if he dies, one of your kills will go with him.

Mechanics:

Both badguy factions got 2 kills until their leader died. They would get 2 kills the following night, but only 1 after. Seers worked like normal seers. Village win condition was to eliminate both sides.

This was a conversion game with no conversions. Who do you trust? What side do you want to win? If this were a full sized phalla, that would have come to light a bit more and I would have added secondary win conditions to people who aligned themselves with either side voluntarily.

One fun thing, two of the Freedom Fighters were seer'd on night 1.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think the biggest question is:

Why did Rend pitch such a huge hissy fit about Valkun seering him?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I think he had info that Valkun seered Whod- it was actually Raakam that seered Rend.

Or something like that.

El Skid on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    because he is a huge dumbass

Jeez

Also I never suspected Obbi. I just pretended that I did to try and get him killed in revenge for the oFaI phalla

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I would just like to say you guys were dumb for choosing freedom. Mother Russia is not happy.

M.D. on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think the biggest question is:

Why did Rend pitch such a huge hissy fit about Valkun seering him?

Yeah, it was revealed that Whod was seered, so i thought: Well gee, it's impossible that he seered _both_ of us!

But there were two of them. God darned seers :p

Honestly, I was freakin' confused. I was also really tired, and that didn't help my deduction at all. I actually believed valkun was bluffing.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Valkun seerd Rend. Raakam seer'd Whod.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    And I somehow managed to seer Last Son on Night 2. I can't believe we had nothing but seers D:. Seers don't work well at all during short games.

Ah well, I still think I made the right decision. Last Son, why didn't you kill Rend? O_o

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Valkun wrote: »
    And I somehow managed to seer Last Son on Night 2. I can't believe we had nothing but seers D:. Seers don't work well at all during short games.

Ah well, I still think I made the right decision. Last Son, why didn't you kill Rend? O_o

In the defense of my living through the night, you really didn't have any sort of proof that you _were_ the seer :p

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    It's impossible to have proof of pretty much anything in Phalla. I had logic on my side :P. What I figure is Last Son thought there'd be a vigilante and wanted to save his kill for someone else.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I wanted to at least try switch the vote off me at the end but I didn't have net access for the last two hours. :(

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Why waste a kill targetting Rend when I could let the village kill him for me? It also served no purpose to kill him immediately, since he wasn't the squad leader his death wouldn't have reduced their kills and with him alive I could track who was appearing to support his ideas and look for voting patterns.

And while I didn't have "Proof" that Valkun was the seer I did believe him due simply to the fact he named you as a member of the People's Militia, a name that was written no where except in the KGB and Freedom Fighter PMs.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    Why waste a kill targetting Rend when I could let the village kill him for me? It also served no purpose to kill him immediately, since he wasn't the squad leader his death wouldn't have reduced their kills and with him alive I could track who was appearing to support his ideas and look for voting patterns.

And while I didn't have "Proof" that Valkun was the seer I did believe him due simply to the fact he named you as a member of the People's Militia, a name that was written no where except in the KGB and Freedom Fighter PMs.

That is true, but he could have _been_ a freedom fighter, though.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Rend wrote: »
    Last Son wrote: »

That is true, but he could have _been_ a freedom fighter, though.

That would have been an even riskier gamble for him to make. Since you would have died eventually and if you turned out innocent the village would have lynched him quicker than you can say "Die Villain!"

Last Son on
  • Options
    WhodWhod Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Good job FF, victory! I blame Raakam for all the confusion, we should have just killed him day 2 after he found out I was a freedom fighter!

Whod on
    Co-lead, Hello Kitty Pretty Princess Guild