As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[13th Age West Marches] The Adventurers' Guild Thread: Character Creation and Discussion

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Sagur shrugged, expressing little other than the fact that the announcement had roused her from her usual duties, standing by the door, drinking and throwing people more drunk than her out. People like Sagur didn't talk much, your body demonstrated your intent well enough when you were a good half foot taller than everyone else in the room. The half orc ducking her head under a low hanging rafter on her way next to the gnome. Utterly towering over him, even on the table. Clearing her throat for silence, a social maneuver that usually only really worked in small groups or in fairy tales. However most people attempting to mimic the story teller's fantasies were not a giant, leather skinned woman with piercing red eyes whose glower felt as dooming as a Rune's glow. The area around her fell silent. A slight smirk flashed across her tusked mouth, making the group wait on the almighty words of the bouncer.

"I suppose I could come along too, do my good deed for the... well if I said month I'd be quite in debt, so lets go with year," she broke into a grin. Several men laughed, half of them hollow. Her eyes catching old Makiovich drinking in the corner joining in on the laugh, the amber liquid slipping past the bare gums of his mouth. Evidently he'd decided that whatever side Sagur was on was the winning one after the incident a few nights back. Sagur approved.

"I'll keep the little one safe, I'll take the payment in advance and obviously," she paused to take a breath. Raising her voice loud enough to catch the ears of everyone in the bar "if I hear there's being trouble when I get back I'll do them like I did lil' Tommy!" that threat got through to everyone. Most people had being too scared to investigate the screams and rumours of the exact details of the death had being circulating for months. In truth the Librarian had paid her to hold the drunkard's face to a rune for... whatever academics called it when they got themselves off. He was a condemned murderer at the time of course but it certainly hadn't being pleasant. Not that Sagur minded, even the good guys for all their pretense had filth they needed shovelling. Which was where she fit in, after all if the whole town was going to treat her like a monster she might as well get paid for it. Sagur liked getting paid, the clink of coins in her hand, the weight of a full purse. The security of a mattress bumpy with metallic lumps stowed underneath.

She hadn't had that for a while. The gig as a bouncer was mostly quid pro quo, she chucked the idiots out and the Barkeep kept one of the smaller rooms for her and gave her an open tap (he deeply regrets the latter part of that deal). That's the way the economy was lately. Isn't enough to go around so wealth and proper pay are luxuries compared to bread and milk. If the world was gonna collapse in on itself though Sagur knew how she wanted to go: filthy rich and flipping off the elders who told their children not to play with the freakish kid from the outskirts of town.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Yo'guard looked up at the towering half-orc. "I'll have you know that I am the tallest of my family. Little one, indeed. And don't you know that touching a rune without one on you is a bad thing?" The gnome cracked his neck so that his Rune was clearly visible. "Also, touching Runes that don't match your own, but that's less kaboom-y than no rune."

edited February 2017
    She didn't actually mention the runes at all.

Plus she had a meat shield. Heh.

Albino Bunny on
  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Slypher looks at Sagur and then at the Yo,guard thinking to him self that Yo,guard has a look almost like a good friend the gnome in his past life be for the damn rune brought him back to life and he takes his right hand and claws the rune with his long finger nails on his left shoulder

seljin468 on
  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Oh, I knew I forgot some things. I am...not so great at OUT's. I usually pick something unobtrusive and aesthetic (which I wrote hirsute, but I should've wrote that he looked like an Ewok - I dropped it anyway). Let me know if the one I picked is the right kind of thing for this game.

Shifting under furry cap and layered hides, Garfer Bargarfersen set aside an empty mug and asked, "What's this about Tommy? Oh, is someone finally going to do something about that tower? I'll come with! Thing's been keeping me up at night."

what a happy day it is
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I'm starting a new job tomorrow, but I should be able to put something when I get home. Expect a thread around midnight EST.

Our intrepid adventurers band together and approach The Barkeep for more information. He tells them to head to the new thread!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/210103/13th-age-wm-the-white-tower/p1?new=1

@Albino Bunny @Grunt's Ghosts @seljin468 @doomybear

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    90je8bryau2c.gif

If anyone would be interested in the little icon thingy like I made for me (above) hit me up. I can produce them. And they are tiny tiny file size wise.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    I want one for Yo'guard The Madden!

ahrxs02v6nx5.gif

I'll grab one for Sagur if you can. WIll post in the adventure thread in a bit.

I'd need a pic to use.

• BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Varg would certainly stab a (probably) bad person in the back for an icon. Thanks @MagicPrime !

Boozer on
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
    Thanks @MagicPrime for that awesome logo.

In other news, Horizon: Zero Dawn is giving me so many ideas for this game, it's not even funny. If RoboClockwork Dinosaurs show up in the game, I am not sorry.

will we be able to over ride them

Yes, also you don't need spoiler tags here.

Shut up u know I'm retarted

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Probably not the best friendly retort to post there, @seljin468 , in a public thread where most people wouldn't necessarily know that you and GG are friends.

True that

@MagicPrime I'd like 1 for slypher human necromancer clerak

edited March 2017
    Anyone who needs a token, you gotta post or PM me a picture.

MagicPrime on
    What was our agreed scale for the hex map? Was it 2 hexes for a day's travel?

4 Hexes equals a day of travel if the travel is smooth.

Less so in mountains or swamps or other places where you have to be careful traveling through.

90je8bryau2c.gif

August makes it back to the Guild Hall. He takes off his armor and equipment at the Quartermasters, who hands him back a key for the locker where his items will be located after some upkeep provided by the Guild. After washing up at the Bath, and giving his shoulder wound a cleaner dressing he crashes out in an open rack in the barracks.

August had no problems sleeping in the woods, but even the relatively simple accommodations the guild provided were like a vacation to any field scout.

Taneli - Flailsage

Using his Disguise Person utility spell, Taneli does his best to lay low and doesn't leave his room without it on. This goes on for a week, or until he finds a new job.

edited March 2017
    I think the guild hall is neutral ground. If you're a signed member (which I assume we all are) then I think it would have to be a BIG issue to get accosted by people there. August is ready to go to the mines or whatever as soon as Varg and Taneli are. I mostly wanted to hit up town to drop of Endless while he's AFK on the boat and see if we could pickup anyone who hasn't had a chance to play yet.

MagicPrime on
    No point in taking a risk when spells are free! :bzz:

edited March 2017
    Varg liked to spend more of his free time at the Hag and Slash, but he decides to enjoy the free food, drink (and safety) of the Guild Halls instead. Being in the Guild does have it's benefits.

The thief kept his back to the wall and his ears open for any aspiring adventures to join August, Taneli and himself. The young knight had unfortunately begged off joining them in the mines, something about prayers or something.

Varg was especially interested in getting someone skilled in the healing arts to join them, seeing how badly wounded August was in their last encounter. The idea of dying out in the Dryad's Grove (or the mines) left a sour taste in the half-orcs mouth.

"How's the shoulder, Augie? Thinkin' we may wanna snag us a holy man, eh? We only got the one o' them potions, and the mines may be rougher still..." the half-orc whispered to August.
    Incremental advance chosen (took the Extra HP). So I'm ready to go once we get our 4th, I do think a healer of some kind would be nice, but any 4th would be fine with me.

Boozer on
    Question, is the Extra Magic Item as straight forward as it sounds? I just get an item? Also, do I still have the ghost pear, or did we eat it?

Extra magic item allows you to wield an extra magic item if you have them, not get one. You can only have as many items as you have levels before the items take over your character.

You have the ghost pear still.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Question, is the Extra Magic Item as straight forward as it sounds? I just get an item? Also, do I still have the ghost pear, or did we eat it?

I can't answer for anybody else GMing, but since I created the token rules that are in use for my home game I can tell you how I do it. If somebody saved up three 6 tokens(can take a while, especially since my players like to spend them on other stuff) then they turn them in to me and they tell me what type of item they want. If they want a weapon, armor, boots, whatever that's cool. Then I pick out an item that I know they'll like.

We're running a game where magic items are a bit more rare, so it's a way for a PC to get the +1 weapon they want without having to worry about if I'll ever give them one in a treasure hoard or whatever.

Edit: I'm a derp, I think you were talking about the incremental advance. That advance just lets you wield your level +1 magic items(if you have your hands on that many), instead of just your level.

Joshmvii on
    @Joshmvii @Carnarvon @Boozer

Who else is around and wants to head out to the mines?!

Joshmvii wrote: »
    Edit: I'm a derp, I think you were talking about the incremental advance. That advance just lets you wield your level +1 magic items(if you have your hands on that many), instead of just your level.

Laaaaaaame.

MagicPrime wrote: »
    @Joshmvii @Carnarvon @Boozer

Who else is around and wants to head out to the mines?!

I'm in.

@Carnarvon

You in? You ready to get going?

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Hey, sorry I missed the tag. Is this going to be another PbP thread? I'm down.

If I'm the GM, yes, it will be.

I assume it's Grunt GMing. It's their story thread?

Yeah, but it's not like I have some deep plans for what's behind the door. I am winging everything and hoping people like it.

Yeah, but it's not like I have some deep plans for what's behind the door. I am winging everything and hoping people like it.

That's the BEST approach. Honestly.