As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Ok, this might seem like a silly question -- but how do I place a Sepulcher of Set on the ground?

I have it crafted, it's in my inventory. I have it on my mouse cursor. I'm not getting any red X's, but it isn't letting me place it. I have literally run all over spam clicking trying to throw this thing on the ground and I can't get it placed anywhere. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

• MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    Can I get an invite to the clan on the server in the OP?

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ok, this might seem like a silly question -- but how do I place a Sepulcher of Set on the ground?

I have it crafted, it's in my inventory. I have it on my mouse cursor. I'm not getting any red X's, but it isn't letting me place it. I have literally run all over spam clicking trying to throw this thing on the ground and I can't get it placed anywhere. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Is that the second tier one?

I think you have to upgrade existing tier 1 altars.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky

Is that the second tier one?

I think you have to upgrade existing tier 1 altars.

It's actually a bug right now with singeplayer mode. Issue is not present on multiplayer servers. I found a Steam thread of other people reporting the same thing.

The host of a singleplayer game is currently unable to place any altar for any god. Other people who are playing with the host in singleplayer mode are able to place altars, but the host of the game is unable to. It's weird.

But it has been fairly well documented on the Steam forums so I know FunCom is aware of it.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    So I bought this game and joined Eliminations server. Hey Sabertooth, I built my little ramshackle house near your compound, I hope that's ok!

Edit: I really hope Sabertooth is a PAer, lol.

Edit 2: couple things, can I get an invite to the clan? Name is the same as my forum handle. Also, is there an easier way to get iron bars other than to break rocks and hope I get lucky with ironite (or whatever its called) It seems like that takes forever

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    So I bought this game and joined Eliminations server. Hey Sabertooth, I built my little ramshackle house near your compound, I hope that's ok!

Edit: I really hope Sabertooth is a PAer, lol.

Edit 2: couple things, can I get an invite to the clan? Name is the same as my forum handle. Also, is there an easier way to get iron bars other than to break rocks and hope I get lucky with ironite (or whatever its called) It seems like that takes forever

Sabertooth is kinda sorta the main clan, not sure if I can invite you sometime.

If you head further north of the river into the hills you'll find iron (silvery looking rocks) and coal (black rocks) to harvest to take care of your iron needs. This comes with more fearsome enemies as well, you'll come to loathe those damn spiders.

On the topic of Coal, I find it really weird that they allow you to learn the improved torch so very early. You learn the torch well before you encounter coal.

Yeah they do need to make a couple passes over the recipes you can learn, for some the level, others to consolidate them (put more cosmetic items together) and others to make the product worthwhile (i.e. only the Cutlass is an upgrade over the basic iron sword and soon after you're in steel town).

• LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    Elimination's server seems to be down. :(

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

Littleboots! We became bro's from playing in the same Age of Conan clan and now here we are, playing on the same Conan server once again like old times.

Resident 8bitdo expert.

Littleboots! We became bro's from playing in the same Age of Conan clan and now here we are, playing on the same Conan server once again like old times.

By Crom!

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.

By Crom!

We were young then, little did we know the most sophisticated dong simulator/conan game of all time was yet to come...

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Apparently the game has been a bit of a surprise success for Funcom.

In the first seven days it recouped its current development costs and they are close to reaching their 12 month sales goal in less than a month.

Kudos to them. I hope they don't waste the momentum. Though since this early access game comes from a studio with actual history and experience I'm not as worried about it.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm finding it pretty frustrating at the moment. Pieces are refusing to snap for no reason, my body disappeared completely within two minutes (losing a bunch of stuff). Grr.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm having some issues with the building aspect. Same issues with sometimes there's an area where snapping just seems to stop working, and I have to build around it, plus the general frustration in trying to build in first person, and no "planning" mode.

Also fuck hyenas.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    They need to add a super cheap tier of foundation that players can use for plotting out building projects. One nice thing in Ark is being able to lay a ton of thatch foundation down to plot out big projects, and then you can replace the thatch with real material.

Stone foundation is too expensive to waste on plotting in Conan. Need something super cheap and expendable.

I'm not sure if it's the server or the game but I'm experiencing a lot of lag and crashes on elims server today.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    I've got a kid on the way so we are swamped right now prepping for the next few weeks. I hope by the time I return they've made a few modest improvements to what is a decent start.

edited March 2017
    Just had a blast playing with @LittleBoots on Elims server. We went on an epic quest for resources, explored caves, committed atrocities against dance troupes, I got shot in half by an arrow, it was good times. We had a bow fight with the occupants of a cave until we both ran out of arrows then drew our swords and bumrushed them, yelling like maniacs the whole way (I imagined this part). Hearing the lamentations of their women as we drove our enemies before us this day was sweet indeed (this is where the dance troupe massacre occured). Eventually we made it back to base with our just rewards, an f-ton of brimstone, ironite, and coal. This game may be really barebones at the moment, but the framework for something special is definitely there. I especially liked that we had to take extra care to not chop each other to bits while fighting NPC's.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I would prefer a more robust combat system. Not full on For Honor, but maybe something like Chivalry or WotR.

Move to New Zealand
    edited March 2017
    Mortious wrote: »
    I would prefer a more robust combat system. Not full on For Honor, but maybe something like Chivalry or WotR.

Bow combat right now is laughably bad, it feels like it was ripped straight out of an early 2000's era MMO. The fact that we were able to have so much fun with such clunky mechanics is a testament to the potential of this game.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    They need to add a super cheap tier of foundation that players can use for plotting out building projects. One nice thing in Ark is being able to lay a ton of thatch foundation down to plot out big projects, and then you can replace the thatch with real material.

Stone foundation is too expensive to waste on plotting in Conan. Need something super cheap and expendable.

The price of foundation killed my desire for large building projects

Building in anything beyond Tier 1 is a big ol' grind unless you have your whole clan running supplies though it mostly just takes time crafting Iron Reinforcements.

Iron and Steel picks gives you way more resources though so Tier 1 is quite doable.

There are some sort of scaffolding structures made of wood that I would like to be able to build in part for the look...and by "me" I mean "Mal" I just collect, fight and explore.

All dancers shall be put to death.

Did you get served?

It's on?

I do have to say I like the power that comes with upgrading your gear. Finally getting to a point where you can take on crocodiles, two shot hyenas, or take on some of the weirder denizens feels pretty good. Still would be nice for a more engaging combat system, especially since the dodge just feels like a huge waste of stamina right now.

edited March 2017
    anyone know how to make thralls convert faster? We're giving him steaks and bugs and stuff but the progress bar is moving excruciatingly slow, is there a specific food they need to convert?

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Costanza and I are having a grand'ol time in the newbie area right by the river. We even killed a gator!

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    anyone know how to make Thralls convert faster? We're giving him steaks and bugs and stuff but the progress bar is moving excruciatingly slow, is there a specific food they need to convert?

Gruel, I think ? Put seeds and thatch in a fire and it makes gruel.

Check first, though, I've never made it myself.

Yeah gruel is seeds and plant fiber on a fire to cook--just make sure the fire doesn't decide to use the fiber as a fuel source.

The best way to speed things up is by finding a taskmaster and converting him, he speeds up the thrall process considerably. Even better when you get the larger wheels of pain so one taskmaster can speed them all up instead of having to juggle around one/have multiple taskmasters.

edited March 2017
    Oh god the way you drag newly captured thralls around in this game is so hilarious. I want to bring one with me everywhere as my good luck charm.

Edit: and thanks for the tips on gruel guys. I had a feeling thats what it was but I didn't know how to make it.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    edited March 2017
    New patch rolling out today
    NOTE:
    Graphical materials and textures were re-calculated in this build, which will result in a large download size (~14gb). We apologize for the inconvenience.

TL;DR (Patch Highlights)
    EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer jump on top of exploding jars -not without consequences that is...
    EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer repeatedly harvest your own body
    EXPLOIT TEMPFIX: Temporarily disabled the pike alternate attack while we fix the exploit
    Item names and item descriptions localizations are fixed
    Servers should now startup faster
    Asian servers are now running on hardware located in Asia. The game databases have been transferred over so the only change should be
    improved latency / lower ping for Asian players
    Added region-specific button for renting game servers from our preferred partner G-portal for Europe, Russia and Asia

Edit: Elim's server has been updated.

Karoz on
    Man, I was going to build a pike tonight. Guess that saves me some skill points.

Someone make and deliver me a sword, too lazy to walk back to the main fort. (also the hyenas will get me)

Move to New Zealand
    One graphical thing that I hope that gets addressed soon is grass clipping through buildings. Very annoying to plop down a bunch of foundations and then have grass sticking through the floor.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    One graphical thing that I hope that gets addressed soon is grass clipping through buildings. Very annoying to plop down a bunch of foundations and then have grass sticking through the floor.

It's also odd, in that if you place it using shift, so it's as high as possible, the grass STILL pokes through, even though it's not actually long enough.

Does it still happen if you double stack your foundations, does anyone know ?

did they ever add in a quicker way to get bark? Even using an iron pickaxe it's agonisingly slow.

Tube wrote: »
    did they ever add in a quicker way to get bark? Even using an iron pickaxe it's agonisingly slow.

There are some high level npcs you can kill far in the north that will drop bark but Mal and I found the turning point to be steel picks finally giving decent amounts.

So really they need to do like one of the mods and make it a byproduct of the carpenter's bench or more guaranteed when harvesting with a pick or have certain trees more likely to provide bark.

The Wangs of Crom will scour the lands until all of creation lies under our wood!

Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Karoz wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »

There are some high level npcs you can kill far in the north that will drop bark but Mal and I found the turning point to be steel picks finally giving decent amounts.

So really they need to do like one of the mods and make it a byproduct of the carpenter's bench or more guaranteed when harvesting with a pick or have certain trees more likely to provide bark.

I've been raiding people for supplies more this time out. It's probably slower but more fun.

Holy balls iron reinforcements take a long time

Did anyone else have all of their altars on their server disappear from existence within the last 24-48 hours? I'm playing on a dedicated server now, population 3. Me and two of my friends.

We each picked a different religion, and we each built a shrine in our first base. All 3 shrines up and poofed at the exact same time.