As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Icon Layout Issues

ObiFettObiFett Use the ForceAs You WishRegistered User regular
lix2ojqtw6iy.png

Obviously ignore this if its working as intended, but the settings gear is not aligned with the rest of the usability icons. Its too low...

edit: this is on chrome

edit2: Also the bookmark clicky thing is placed incorrectly and is lower than it should be in the below instances
ryogv351x2tm.png
zuhw2z9vnbbr.png

ObiFett on

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Also on Firefox 51.0.1

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Now all the bookmarks seem to be having issues on Chrome

p7wc2zztzt71.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2017
    ObiFett wrote: »

p7wc2zztzt71.jpg

This is fixed now, but the initial post problems are still there.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is this still an issue for everyone? can you specify operating system? Is the gear still miss aligned?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the forum image uploader seems to be down at the moment, can't upload and old uploaded images are broken links.

Huh, imgur is also having issues at the moment. Does the forum uploader use amazon web services as well by any chance? Anyway the gear icon and the bookmark icon are still lower than they're supposed to be both in threads and in the index, I'd post a screenshot but yeah. I'm on firefox/windows.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    the forum image uploader seems to be down at the moment, can't upload and old uploaded images are broken links.

Huh, imgur is also having issues at the moment. Does the forum uploader use amazon web services as well by any chance? Anyway the gear icon and the bookmark icon are still lower than they're supposed to be both in threads and in the index, I'd post a screenshot but yeah. I'm on firefox/windows.

Yeah looks like it's related to the AWS issues some of us are having.

Twitter's JS that's on the forums is also having issues and it looks like it might just be related to the east coast CDN?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    This seems unrelated to the thread topic, but yes, the uploader is having issues because of AWS. We hope they resolve it soon.

• Options
    The gear is still misaligned and the bookmarks are still in the middle of the div with the post titles. These screenshots are from today using Chrome:
    gsldrga8kp5b.png
    l29xcq1gdumi.png
    dw8pw6npmy7k.png

• Options
    yeah that's how it looks in desktop firefox as well

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Windows?

I ask because a dev couldnt replicate it. I also see it that way, but if windows is a factor that would make sense.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah it is that way on mine, windows here.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Iruka wrote: »
    Windows?

I ask because a dev couldnt replicate it. I also see it that way, but if windows is a factor that would make sense.

Yes, windows

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    if it helps, I can reproduce it and I can see what is causing it. "font-size: 10px" is being applied the flyout span for .OptionsMenu, which doesn't happen for the other icons (they inherit the "small" set on body).

On subforum page, issue with the bookmarks menu seems to be related to also having the options menu on a topic (removing the height set on .OptionsTitle fixes it, but not sure if it's real cause, don't have time to look now). On post page, there's a margin around .Options.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options

p7wc2zztzt71.jpg

This is back

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Iruka wrote: »
    Windows?

I'm seeing it on IOS (iPad using Safari)

• Options
    in windows firefox I'm not seeing the little bars under the bookmark elements that obifett is seeing but I did just notice that in his screenshot and in my own forum index the bookmark elements for announcement/sticky threads are vertically centered rather than top-justified like they are for normal threads

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017

p7wc2zztzt71.jpg

I am only seeing lines as shown in the above image when viewing it on a 1440p IPS monitor. I don't see the lines at work, which would explain why I thought it was going away and coming back.

The bookmarks being aligned in the center of the div is happening on every monitor though.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    The gear is fixed! But the bookmarks are still sporadically in the center of the post title div