As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo Switch: No Zelda Talk Here

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    stopped by the freddys on my way home from work

they got 60 in (30 of each), don't take preorders, and don't have any restrictions on lining up

I like my chances

Well we're not far enough away for you to stand in line for five nights.

You could still do three, though.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Oh, man. I would've sworn that music was older than the wii shop. Is there a variation on it in the other shops, too? (I feel like there's something like it in the 3DS shop, but I'd have to charge my 3DS to check.)

What is this I don't even.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Funny you should mention that because I'm really wanting to change my Bloodstained order from Wii U to Switch...assuming there will be a Switch version that is.

Really looking at the games on my wiiu I do want them to come over as I quite liked them and since I found I had Metroid Prime Trilogy on it I have been playing it
    But it would be nice to play it anywhere

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    stopped by the freddys on my way home from work

they got 60 in (30 of each), don't take preorders, and don't have any restrictions on lining up

I like my chances

I wonder if I'm going to regret pre-purchasing a grey one

Hopefully I'll be able to Switch it out at the register (Best Buy).

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Oh, man. I would've sworn that music was older than the wii shop. Is there a variation on it in the other shops, too? (I feel like there's something like it in the 3DS shop, but I'd have to charge my 3DS to check.)
    I'm not sure if it was ever 100% confirmed but I believe the Wii shop music was Koji Kondo, who did most of the early Nintendo music like Mario and Zelda. I mean, it's not far off of Mario 3 World 3!

Other eShops haven't been as instantly classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYOEyzBFYa4

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Is there an embargo on Switch hardware reviews?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular

yea, lifts tomororw (march 1) at 6am PT

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    • Preview for the Nintendo Switch – February 23rd
    • Previews for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – February 24th
    • Reviews for the Nintendo Switch – March 1st
    • Reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – March 2nd

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    So Giant Bomb was fiddling around with a switch on friday's UPF and Jeff was saying the Joycons were coming off pretty easy after he had dropped the console onto concrete earlier in the day.

Apparently the tabs that hold the joycons onto the rails snapped off on both controllers. So I guess don't drop your console. Everything still worked but a small plastic pin is going to shear pretty easy, I assumed they were metal pins due to the rails being metal on both halves.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    So Giant Bomb was fiddling around with a switch on friday's UPF and Jeff was saying the Joycons were coming off pretty easy after he had dropped the console onto concrete earlier in the day.

Apparently the tabs that hold the joycons onto the rails snapped off on both controllers. So I guess don't drop your console. Everything still worked but a small plastic pin is going to shear pretty easy, I assumed they were metal pins due to the rails being metal on both halves.

I dropped my Black Friday N3DS onto concrete approximately 6 hours after receiving it.

Never again, never again.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    I wager the Nintendium isn't quite as strong on the connectors?

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Voez, the portable-only title, is releasing in NA on March 9th

YL9WnCY.png
  • Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Knight_ wrote: »

"Don't drop your electronics onto a hard surface" is a pretty universal rule, I feel.

Also just want some minor clarification: were the tabs on the joycons themselves and snapped off, or did tabs on the console snap off onto the joycons? If it's the former, then you could probably just get a new pair of joycons since there wouldn't have been any actual damage to the system. Sort of makes the difference between "don't drop the console" and "REALLY don't drop the console".

Gennenalyse Rueben on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Anyone have any idea when Gamestop shipping is due to occur?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • MorranMorran Registered User regular
    I'm actually slightly disappointed in the announcement of Steamworld Dig 2. I really, really liked Steamworld dig 1, but I loved Steamworld heist. I had hoped that they would jump to yet another genre and make an even more awesome game. Hopefully they will add enough stuff to Steamworld dig 2 to make it feel fresh.

• RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    When should Amazon start to ship for people who chose launch day shipping?

Got confirmation of the shipping of one grey switch and one zelda BOTW, estimated delivery on Friday - yey!

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Using plastic for small connection points that are easy to shear on a handheld isn't the best design thing approach, even if "don't drop your electronics" is also a good rule... Hmm.

What is this I don't even.
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Kqmb12w.jpg

Also, looks like I'll definitely be able to pick up my Switch pre-order on Friday. Not sure about my Breath of the Wild pre-order at Gamestop though. I could always get it digitally, but I kinda wanna avoid downloading anything on day 1.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Morran wrote: »
    Got confirmation of the shipping of one grey switch and one zelda BOTW, estimated delivery on Friday - yey!

Shipping from which retailer?

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    Incindium wrote: »

Webhallen, which is a Swedish retailer.

Less "yey" is that they charged me for the placeholder price of the Switch (~1000 usd). Should hopefully be easy enough to clear up though....

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Less "yey" is that they charged me for the placeholder price of the Switch (~1000 usd). Should hopefully be easy enough to clear up though....

I'd poop.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    All you people being paranoid made me paranoid too, but the shop I've ordered from says they'll send it out tomorrow, which will probably result in it arriving friday like it's supposed to.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    my gamestop manic pixie check out girl told me that they got 40 preorders and 4 walkins. better come early to midnight launch itll be nuts.

Lady. the midnight line for halo 2 has in the hundreds. This is a cake walk.

I have lived through many wars, this wont rate.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular

Latin America has to pay prices ranging from 400 to 700, and maybe 1000 as well :/

• Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Using plastic for small connection points that are easy to shear on a handheld isn't the best design thing approach, even if "don't drop your electronics" is also a good rule... Hmm.

Now, I'm no expert about materials like this. But wouldn't there be issues with metal fatigue if these connectors were made using metal? Constantly attached and removing the joycons would probably induce that pretty quickly, wouldn't it? While plastic might be easier to shear off suddenly, it might also be longer lasting at the role than metal.

Hypothetically. From my layman's understanding of how these things work. If anyone who actually knows something about this could chime in, though, that'd be great.

Even if they used metal, there would always be a weak point somewhere, unless the whole frame was made of metal.

Square Enix announced that there'll be a demo for Dragon Quest Heroes I-II on the Japanese eShop on Friday. Definitely gonna check it out between Zelda sessions.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Also. I was listening to waypoint radio this morning trying to catch up and Austin states that apparently his sources say the Dev units did not have the connection issues.

That leads a lot of credence to it being a software bug of some kind.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Entaru wrote: »
    Also. I was listening to waypoint radio this morning trying to catch up and Austin states that apparently his sources say the Dev units did not have the connection issues.

the scuttlebut I heard was that it doesn't occur in the charging grip either.... I would bet its that the on battery mode is set low for Bluetooth or power draw or whatever and HOPEFULLY software can fix.....

but who knows....

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    If anyone is curious how the Walmart stock around them is looking Brickseek is reflecting number now for most stores. It's still sounding like for non-preorder folks that Best Buy could be the place to hit, but if you're picking between a few Walmarts this might help give you a leg up on which ones have more stock.

Neon
    http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55449981

Grey
    http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55449983

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    my gamestop manic pixie check out girl told me that they got 40 preorders and 4 walkins. better come early to midnight launch itll be nuts.

Lady. the midnight line for halo 2 has in the hundreds. This is a cake walk.

I have lived through many wars, this wont rate.

You see me now a veteran of a thousand game release wars. . .

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    I'm actually slightly disappointed in the announcement of Steamworld Dig 2. I really, really liked Steamworld dig 1, but I loved Steamworld heist. I had hoped that they would jump to yet another genre and make an even more awesome game. Hopefully they will add enough stuff to Steamworld dig 2 to make it feel fresh.
    I think they still have plans for another genre per an AMA they did a while back. As someone that loved Dig but Heist's genre didn't appeal as much to me, I welcome another Dig, which I wasn't expecting so soon.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

the scuttlebut I heard was that it doesn't occur in the charging grip either.... I would bet its that the on battery mode is set low for Bluetooth or power draw or whatever and HOPEFULLY software can fix.....

but who knows....

Wait, was it happening when attached to the switch too? All the videos I saw had it demonstrated in the split joycon configuration

steam_sig.png
    Alright, got confirmation that my Switch has shipped from the warehouse to the store I'll be picking it up from. At least that's cleared up.

Unfortunately I heard from some other people that Gamestop is apparently only able to honor about 50% of their pre-orders, for some fucking reason.

Spoit wrote: »

but who knows....

Wait, was it happening when attached to the switch too? All the videos I saw had it demonstrated in the split joycon configuration

No not when attached to switch. And not when attached to a charging grip.

Only detached and on the pack in grip.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Kqmb12w.jpg

Also, looks like I'll definitely be able to pick up my Switch pre-order on Friday. Not sure about my Breath of the Wild pre-order at Gamestop though. I could always get it digitally, but I kinda wanna avoid downloading anything on day 1.

Shouldn't it be 3 days? I am in the US.
    https://youtu.be/JsOPHyuAuT0

• WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    Kqmb12w.jpg

Shouldn't it be 3 days? I am in the US.
    https://youtu.be/JsOPHyuAuT0

I have great news for you! It is actually WEDNESDAY and one day closer to the Switch than you thought! (no sarcasm at all, I'd be pumped as hell to realize I lost a day of this wait all of a sudden)

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular

I've wanted a sequel to dig for a while, but was surprised it didnt come out on steam first.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
This discussion has been closed.