As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo Switch: No Zelda Talk Here

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I'm glad Dig is getting a sequel, there aren't enough games in the action mining genre.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    ONE MORE SLEEP!

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Morran wrote: »
    I'm actually slightly disappointed in the announcement of Steamworld Dig 2. I really, really liked Steamworld dig 1, but I loved Steamworld heist. I had hoped that they would jump to yet another genre and make an even more awesome game. Hopefully they will add enough stuff to Steamworld dig 2 to make it feel fresh.

I've wanted a sequel to dig for a while, but was surprised it didnt come out on steam first.

Yeah I mean it's right in the name even.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Anyone with a Target preorder hear anything on shipping? Mine said March 3 delivery when I first ordered, then changed to March 4 this week, status hasn't updated. Making me nervous.

• dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    Hoping to see something on my switch being processed and shipped today. Pre-ordered through Amazon, but still no action yet it seems.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    If anyone is curious how the Walmart stock around them is looking Brickseek is reflecting number now for most stores. It's still sounding like for non-preorder folks that Best Buy could be the place to hit, but if you're picking between a few Walmarts this might help give you a leg up on which ones have more stock.

Neon
    http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55449981

Grey
    http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55449983

My local Walmart is getting 2 neon and 11 grey.
    The super Walmart next town over is getting 14 neon and 33 grey and is open 24 hours. I may have to check that out.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I may be skipping launch, but I'm really, really excited to see some impressions from you guys, especially about the hardware, UI, etc. I've read enough about BotW at this point. (And I've read hardware impressions, too.) I want some real-world use impressions.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Seeing some of the hardware reviews, I was really hoping that nintendo would have pushed the day 1 patch to review units by now. It's..... a little unsettling that they haven't. So now we have official device reviews and we still have zero idea how the online infrastructure works.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    Anyone with a Target preorder hear anything on shipping? Mine said March 3 delivery when I first ordered, then changed to March 4 this week, status hasn't updated. Making me nervous.

When I preordered a New 3DS there online, there was no "preparing to ship" phase. It pretty much went from "ordered" to "shipped". They also don't ship it until the actual release date (in my experience).

• Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »

When I preordered a New 3DS there online, there was no "preparing to ship" phase. It pretty much went from "ordered" to "shipped". They also don't ship it until the actual release date (in my experience).

Okay, good to know. Thanks! Saturday it is, I hope. Paid for overnight shipping.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I just realized something. We all thought it was weird that there wouldn't be Virtual Console on Switch at launch. Well, what if that was done purposefully to give room for the indies?

As we saw from the presentation, Nintendo moneyhatted the indies like crazy. The company's obviously very invested in making sure they do well and give the console a great reputation. What if part of that indie push is promising them they wouldn't have to compete with VC, at least for a while? Knowing early Switch adopters won't automatically buy Zelda for the 47th time would be a pretty big incentive. And it wouldn't be unprecedented -- Nintendo delayed the U.S. launch of Warioware Wii to give the first Rabbids game a little breathing room.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    other quick takeways from skimming a couple reviews:

-complaints that yea, the kickstand easily is the flimisiet part of the device by a wide margin

-"we've yet to find a battery/cable that will charge the switch faster than it drains" seeming to confirm that you need the 15V charger for full speed even for the handheld, which honestly isn't a surprise tome

-off the shelf USB-C to HDMI adaptors do not allow for video out (this has me more irate than I can put into words)

-as stated before, still no update to add the online functionality. So still a pretty massive question mark there.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    How is the kickstand connected to the Switch? Is it in a way that a third party could do some form of upgraded replacement?

• Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    other quick takeways from skimming a couple reviews:

-complaints that yea, the kickstand easily is the flimisiet part of the device by a wide margin

-"we've yet to find a battery/cable that will charge the switch faster than it drains" seeming to confirm that you need the 15V charger for full speed even for the handheld, which honestly isn't a surprise tome

-off the shelf USB-C to HDMI adaptors do not allow for video out (this has me more irate than I can put into words)

-as stated before, still no update to add the online functionality. So still a pretty massive question mark there.

Don't worry. Life finds a way.

• MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    How is the kickstand connected to the Switch? Is it in a way that a third party could do some form of upgraded replacement?

It's breakaway so that if you forget to flip it down when you insert it into the dock you don't break everything. Which apparently happened to at least one outlet in their preview (forgot to put the kickstand in).

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    That kickstand issue is something I know that will happen to me because it's something that can easily be forgotten about. Luckily I don't really plan on playing it with the kickstand out and then immediately putting it into the dock.

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    If anyone is curious how the Walmart stock around them is looking Brickseek is reflecting number now for most stores. It's still sounding like for non-preorder folks that Best Buy could be the place to hit, but if you're picking between a few Walmarts this might help give you a leg up on which ones have more stock.

Neon

Grey

The super Walmart next town over is getting 14 neon and 33 grey and is open 24 hours. I may have to check that out.

You may be disappointed. We have 7 grey and 2 neon. 4 of the grey are preordered.

That site says we have 2 neon and 9 grey. So not only are the numbers wrong, but they include the preordered switches.

No I don't.
    for the kickstand, I think I said this before but I'm actually happy that it can break away from the device. my issue comes more with the placement. too far off to one side leads to much easier tipping of the device by accident.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I bought the Hori stand to bypass the kickstand issues. It was a low cost solution to the problems.

You shouldn't have to buy a 3rd party thing to fix issues but oh well.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    More info on Steamworld Dig 2. Looks like the dev team had plenty of ideas they didn't have time to implement in the original.

• PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

I ordered mine form Target as well. When I pulled up the order number it says 'Expected Delivery March 7-10' Sad!
    But then again, I chose standard shipping instead of overnight. A sin that I alone must atone for.

PacMan1979 on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Neon

Grey

You may be disappointed. We have 7 grey and 2 neon. 4 of the grey are preordered.

That site says we have 2 neon and 9 grey. So not only are the numbers wrong, but they include the preordered switches.

Brickseek can be a bit of an estimate at times, but it does pull from Walmart inventory somehow. I would say don't count on the numbers being perfect, but if it shows one store at 12 and one at 33 you should expect the latter to have more systems (but again, not reflective of pre-order statuses).

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I should probably stop reading today's hardware reviews. There's nothing I want to play on the Switch right now except for Zelda and perhaps Snipperclips, but... the hardware and the UI are so sexy. And those happen to be the two things that tempt me the most during a new console launch.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Voez, the portable-only title, is releasing in NA on March 9th

I fully expect CNET to make a video review of the game trying to be played while docked.

Headline:
    "Nintendo Switch game broken! No word on Nintendo for patch."

Video:
    Person placing working Voez in portable mode into dock and nothing happening or the game going to TV mode and being unplayble without having access to the touchscreen.
    Bonus points if they snap the kickstand off in the process or somehow barrel roll the Switch out of the dock and onto the floor.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I guess Best Buy is going through to wait until the last minute to charge me for my Switch.

Krathoon wrote: »
    I guess Best Buy is going through to wait until the last minute to charge me for my Switch.

Same with Amazon. Sigh... I was hoping I'd be able to beat the March 1 rollout of sales tax charges for my state, but no go.

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Any amazon order-ers not have theirs shipped yet? I know Amazon waits till last minute for release day guarantee, but I still would like to know when I should get nervous!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      TimFiji wrote: »
      Any amazon order-ers not have theirs shipped yet? I know Amazon waits till last minute for release day guarantee, but I still would like to know when I should get nervous!

Nope. Amazon's fast, but they love doing things at the last possible moment.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

You probably wont get notification until tomorrow. At least in my experience with Amazon, I never get the shipping notification until the day before.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
      Best Buy's site can't make up it's mind if I am getting my Switch on tomorrow out Friday. Either would be impressive since it hasn't shipped yet.

steam_sig.png
    • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
      Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
      I'm assuming that 1-2 Switch is going to be the game of choice in order to show off the HD rumble?

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
      edited March 2017
      usf2.png

40 bucks? I'm sold! :D

With GCU that's only 32 bucks.

Brainiac 8 on
      3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
      Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
      Add me!
      urahonky wrote: »
      I'm assuming that 1-2 Switch is going to be the game of choice in order to show off the HD rumble?

I'd say so, since reviews have said they had no real way of testing that.

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
      edited March 2017

My Amazon pre-order is now in Shipping Today, Arriving Friday status, and my account has been charged for the money, so the great wheels of Amazon are beginning to turn. Normally my game pre-orders from them don't start shipping until the morning of, so this is a good sign.

I have a separate item ordered through them that is in Shipping Today, Arriving Thursday status, and I'm hoping that the warehouse packs them all together by mistake and I get the stuff a day early :biggrin:

Cururu on
      edited March 2017
      My Amazon order just went to prepping for shipment.

edit: Except for the Hori stand. No idea what's up with that but it's not a bid deal.

Seidkona on
      Best Buy Canada still hasn't even taken my money.

wunderbar wrote: »
      Best Buy Canada still hasn't even taken my money.

Maybe you're not throwing it hard enough at the screen?

Also, I must give props to shacknews. they said they will not post a review of the Switch until the update that actually makes the device functional for more than inserting a game card hits.

This discussion has been closed.