As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo Switch: No Zelda Talk Here

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    is snipperclips eshop only or can you get a cart for it?

Eshop only.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    None of my stuff has gone to shipping yet which is making me antsy. I'm sure the Amazon stuff will be fine but that is just 12Switch and Bomberman. Best Buy for Pro controller and Neon Switch and Gamestop for BOTW special edition better get a shipping soon.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I work on Thursday until 11pm. So it's straight from work to Best Buy to pick up my Switch.

I took Friday off for both Breath of the Wild and seeing Logan with my fiance.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »

Eshop only.

Well you can get a copy in a box with pack in extra joy-cons, but it's just an e-shop code on a bit of paper. No cart.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »

Eshop only.

Well you can get a copy in a box with pack in extra joy-cons, but it's just an e-shop code on a bit of paper. No cart.

And that bundle is a Europe only thing as well.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Best Buy plans to get my pro controller to me by Thursday! Woo hoo!

Amazon still hasn't moved my Switch at all.

Toys R Us says "fuck you, we aren't even touching your BotW special edition until Friday." Looks like I'd better hope Walmart doesn't sell out...

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    I work on Thursday until 11pm. So it's straight from work to Best Buy to pick up my Switch.

I took Friday off for both Breath of the Wild and seeing Logan with my fiance.

I just bought tickets for me and the girlfriend to see Logan at 9pm tomorrow. Which means it should end just in time for me to get to the Best Buy two blocks away from the theater to grab my Switch.

I figure I can use the distraction instead of sitting around doing nothing waiting for midnight.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So Gamestop released a press statement that they would have limited extras for midnight. The two stores near me doing midnight launch have told me they are all for pre-order customers. I'm kind of feeling like they are full of crap and have put them aside for people. How does Best Buy have so many and Gamestop have absolute jack squat?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    So Gamestop released a press statement that they would have limited extras for midnight. The two stores near me doing midnight launch have told me they are all for pre-order customers. I'm kind of feeling like they are full of crap and have put them aside for people. How does Best Buy have so many and Gamestop have absolute jack squat?

$$$. Best Buy could have put up more money than Gamestop. With the amount of accessories for the device Best Buy was probably salivating to get more than anyone else.

• Options

The eternal rule about Gamestop is that individual stores can be great or really shitty, depending on who's running them. I'm guessing your store is on the shitty side.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »

That's... weird. Also, Nintendo released a quick eShop video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JV8v7WC6Ck

It's nice because it confirms all those eShop cards I just bought will transfer.

Curious why they didn't enable this for reviewers.

Because getting information/communication out to people isn't exactly Nintendo's strong suit =/

What about money I already have in my EShop account?

The video showed him merging it.

Hmm, I wonder if they're gonna sync and retrofit the new Nintendo Account stuff backwards, or is it just a one time transfer of funds from the old account to the new one?

Like, you don't have a Nintendo "game catalog" the way you do on Playstation and Xbox.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

Because big box stores receive pallets of the things where Gamestops get a few boxes in the mail.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's a matter of space. Gamestop doesn't have any.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I don't care what the people say, Friday at midnight is Switchmas day!

I wish it was Switchmas todaaaaaaaaaaaay, I wish it was Switchmas todaaaaaaay-ay!

Doo da doo doo da doo doo doo da da da doo dooo doo doo da dooooo-oooo!!

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

they made botw as a 2d prototype first. neat

later tweats state that

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2017

A) ... What panel?

B) Zelda Maker?!

Edit: Ahh, nevermind. Just a 2d prototype of BOTW...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    The latest Digital Foundry video states that USB to LAN adapters are supported.

Good news, but which ones?

• Options
    Hey, what wattage do I want on my USB wall charger? Was it 12W?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

the official one?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »

The official adapter is 15V 2.6A, which is 39W

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options

Naphtali wrote: »

the official one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/112319536140?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

hori makes one also

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I would absolutely love to see them take that '2D' prototype for Breath of the Wild, complete with all the world interaction they included in it, and add in art and items from past 2D Zelda games into a Legend of Zelda Maker. It could be pretty amazing to play a game along the lines of A Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds with the interactivity of Breath of the Wild and the ridiculous user made worlds and dungeons that would be possible in such a mashup.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    eelektrik wrote: »
    I would absolutely love to see them take that '2D' prototype for Breath of the Wild, complete with all the world interaction they included in it, and add in art and items from past 2D Zelda games into a Legend of Zelda Maker. It could be pretty amazing to play a game along the lines of A Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds with the interactivity of Breath of the Wild and the ridiculous user made worlds and dungeons that would be possible in such a mashup.

It's possible -- Mario Maker grew out of the 2D Mario devkit.

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular

Unless they are supporting higher usb speeds then this a pretty worthless point. I get much better throughput on wifi than i ever have on a lan adapter. Although there really should be no reason for the dock to not have a lan adapter built in.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options

Man, I only have a 10W and 12W laying around. Maybe that'll be fine for just topping off the battery overnight when I don't feel like taking it downstairs to the dock.

• Options

Man, I only have a 10W and 12W laying around. Maybe that'll be fine for just topping off the battery overnight when I don't feel like taking it downstairs to the dock.

yea it should be. reports are that while low power chargers can't charge it while playing, that they'll charge slowly while in sleep mode.

Still, until we get and test, we don't know for sure.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular

Rocking Ohm's law. I like you.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
      My card is still not getting charged yet. Come on Best Buy.

• Options
      BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
      Best Buy updated my Zelda BOTW Wii U order to shipped and emailed me a tracking number, maybe they'll do the same for Switch stuff soon.

• Options
      chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
      dav3yb wrote: »

Unless they are supporting higher usb speeds then this a pretty worthless point. I get much better throughput on wifi than i ever have on a lan adapter. Although there really should be no reason for the dock to not have a lan adapter built in.

It's not about speed, it's about coverage. My gaming area is about as far from the wireless router as you can get and still be in the house.

• Options
      Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
      Feel fairly confident that the Switch is going to be a dead console walking in US/EU if they can't fix this joycon sync thing with a software patch.

Every review spent multiple paragraphs on it and it's only going to spiral. The switch has such an uphill climb to begin with that I'm really not sure it can survive a major hardware issue right out of the gate.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    • Options
      ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »

Yeah, I think what we're going to see is that USB PD devices, like this one from Anker (https://www.anker.com/products/A2053111) may be able to supply charging and perhaps even enough to support playing power.
      We won't know until someone tries it though, and I don't think a lot of review sites have USB PD devices to test.
      RAV has a USB PD battery pack as well (https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Charger-RAVPower-26800mAh-Recharged/dp/B01LRQDAEI).

However, each of those only output at 29W, so even they may be insufficient. However, with the tablet in lower-power mode when not docked, it may be ok.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
      The console only ever takes in 16W off the wall even playing Zelda while charging, so a 30W USB-PD battery should work. I've had that ravpower battery in my amazon cart for a few days, but I'm going to wait to see someone else try it first before I take the plunge on yet another 20k+ mah battery pack.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    • Options
      KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
      I am beginning to wonder if store pickup was a good option for my order.

• Options
      edited March 2017
      The launch list has been crazy, eh? Random stuff added to it at the last minute and such? One for the record books. Well, with just a day and a half left to go, there's no possible way we could get yet another unannounced launch t--

cloudeagle on
    • Options
      edited March 2017

W = VA 4 life.

wunderbar on
    • Options
      StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

That's for RESISTANCE

YL9WnCY.png
    • Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      edited March 2017

That's for RESISTANCE

Yeah I realized that after I posted it. Rather than edit it, I need to live with my shame

However, I did mean from the "Ohm's Wheel" which has Ohm's law in it:
      Ohm's_law_formula_wheel.JPG

TimFiji on
      Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      This discussion has been closed.