As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat]stable

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    they accepted someone else's offer :|

:bro:

House-hunting sucks, I'm sorry to hear it, friend.

Of course, it's not too late yet.

There are still ... avenues we could explore, if you're interested.

I'd explore all your avenues.

:winky:

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

:bro:

House-hunting sucks, I'm sorry to hear it, friend.

Of course, it's not too late yet.

There are still ... avenues we could explore, if you're interested.

I'd explore all your avenues.

:winky:

::hands JRX a copy of Twilight::

Read him this and he'll be on you like a moth to a bigger moth.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Headline this morning

"50K people sign a petition demanding that JK Rowling put up Muslim refugees in her 18 spare bedrooms"

lol.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Headline this morning

"50K people sign a petition demanding that JK Rowling put up Muslim refugees in her 18 spare bedrooms"

lol.

JK! JK!! I'm a Muslim refugee. From America but still. pls pls pls pls pick me pick me

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mindfulness is hard : (

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Headline this morning

lol.

JK! JK!! I'm a Muslim refugee. From America but still. pls pls pls pls pick me pick me

Expecto Padesperate.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    A spider just lowered itself down in front of me, and I instinctively swatted it out of the air.

Hit the guy in the seat next to me with my follow through.

Just muttered sorry and am now staring straight ahead.

Plan right now is to never interact with him again.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

Paying attention to things while simultaneously not caring?

I've actually been trying to do mindfulness meditation where you let thoughts come through your head and then just sort of detach and examine the thoughts as thoughts and it makes no fucking sense how this is supposed to work.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Sneak in and cover a closet in fake blood and make them think it's haunted

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    basically my life is amazing y'all I am endlessly grateful

@Blameless Cleric
    i saw your @ mention today

good job

i am glad for your happiness

poo
  • Options
    i need to be more happy

poo
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

I don't love the tilework in the bathrooms, but the wood stove is rad, and since it has a carport you could convert that little garage area into a masturbatorium

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i need to be more happy

have you tried MDMA

• Options

I've actually been trying to do mindfulness meditation where you let thoughts come through your head and then just sort of detach and examine the thoughts as thoughts and it makes no fucking sense how this is supposed to work.

much much much repetition and practice
    guided meditation helps

is interesting to have tried acid after having practiced meditation a lot because you're like oh that's that state, that makes sense

poo
  • Options

I am a bit of a guru on the subject, although I'm far from a perfect practitioner myself.

But if you're having specific challenges or you have particular questions, I may be of assistance!

Rockets, sports, cooking, and mental health. I am not without my specialties. :)

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Headline this morning

lol.

I think the petition requires that there be absolutely 0 screening and the refugees be representative to the population that's immigrating.

I think the whole idea is lolstupid, but, I guess the reasoning behind it is she's calling for 100% open borders with 0 screening process, and the population that's currently emigrating is like 75% male and 25% female? The people who wrote it don't want her cherry picking 18 women?

As an American, I think all British citizens should be required to house and quarter people. Remember how well that went for the colonies!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Not trying to not care, just paying attention constantly. It's exhausting.

• Options
    Oh though meditation makes total sense to me. Just be aware of your body and the moment, don't overly cling to thoughts.

• Options

I don't love the tilework in the bathrooms, but the wood stove is rad, and since it has a carport you could convert that little garage area into a masturbatorium

yeah that brick color is odd but not the end of the world

that one open plan bathroom is interesting

i could have people over to watch me poop

• Options
    things that don't contribute to happiness: me re-addiction to news and Facebook scrolling

and doing things like, oh okay, so maybe jefferson sessions will be made to step down or worse, that sounds good to me
    and then being like i wonder what fox news thinks
    and then reading the comments on fox news
    i dead dove'd myself

poo
  • Options

I am a bit of a guru on the subject, although I'm far from a perfect practitioner myself.

But if you're having specific challenges or you have particular questions, I may be of assistance!

Rockets, sports, cooking, and mental health. I am not without my specialties. :)

There are no challenges that really need help, it's just annoying to forget to be mindful.

• Options

Ooh I like this one! More than the other one, too.

I would redo the front step on this house too but I am picky about front entranceways.

• Options
    things that don't contribute to happiness: me re-addiction to news and Facebook scrolling

and doing things like, oh okay, so maybe jefferson sessions will be made to step down or worse, that sounds good to me
    i dead dove'd myself

shaz i think we found your problem

• Options
    this morning i listened to this interesting podcast about implicit bias i thought it was interesting and good:

https://www.onbeing.org/programs/mahzarin-banaji-the-mind-is-a-difference-seeking-machine/

poo
  • Options

i dead dove'd myself

Fox news thinks I'm a sex pervert and you're probably some kind of brown-style terrorist refugee, so

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

I'm not a big fan of how dark the kitchen cupboards are but it's a small gripe.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options

J27iDUP.png

danger will robinson, danger

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Not trying to not care, just paying attention constantly. It's exhausting.

lighting things on fire is nice too

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Been playing subnautica. Finally built the Cyclopse sub last night. Funny early access thing. The description and icon of the sub compared to the other two submersibles make it sound like it's barely bigger than those which are small one man affairs.

Nope fucking nuclear sub size. I had my vehicle building station so close to land that the tail of the sub materialized on dry land. Whoops.jpg

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

J27iDUP.png

yeah that's a little weird

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Bee Movie is bad and horrible

Getting honey from hives kills bees and many commercial beekeepers and honey producers are effectively as bad as factory farmers.

Smaller, local apiaries are better, but there is still bee death

Those external flow honey collecting things are a pain to clean and don't work very long, and you're still taking the bee's winter food

I can see why vegans avoid honey, even if I didn't as a vegan

• Options

There are no challenges that really need help, it's just annoying to forget to be mindful.

I have post-it notes and stickers. Completely serious.

On my computer, in my notebooks, anything I see / use regularly (all over my room and Nargirl's room).

I have no memory, so notes and lists and reminders to myself are imperative.

Apparently I'm supposed to visit my mom this weekend! Thankfully Nargirl remembers this stuff, because I don't plan more than 4 hours ahead at any given time.

I'm pretty excited about lunch.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    This is why I have been summoned, and now I pass back into the ether

• Options
    I'll just drinking coffee till I vomit blood
    that makes me happy

• Options
    Headline this morning

lol.

I think the petition requires that there be absolutely 0 screening and the refugees be representative to the population that's immigrating.

I think the whole idea is lolstupid, but, I guess the reasoning behind it is she's calling for 100% open borders with 0 screening process, and the population that's currently emigrating is like 75% male and 25% female? The people who wrote it don't want her cherry picking 18 women?

As an American, I think all British citizens should be required to house and quarter people. Remember how well that went for the colonies!

oh yeah I get their dumb "reasoning" behind it I just like the idea of a petition demanding a private citizen open their home, as if the government goes "well JK, like 200K people who don't live in England signed this sooooooooo I guess you need to start making up some guest rooms?"

I mean I get white house petitions or petitions to stop DAPL but like "make selena gomez eat a grilled cheese" having a million signatures just makes me sad for our planet.

• Options
    i started the year by cutting down on forums and Facebook and internet in general and that was good

i let the Facebook creep back in too hard

shit's designed to be addicting, we know

poo
  • Options
    edited March 2017

J27iDUP.png

yeah that's a little weird

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal good chance you got knob and tube, copper, and maybe even aluminium.

..and is that a sub panel with a wire running out of it????

bowen on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    But bees are borg. As long as the hive goes on you aren't doing harm. THEYRE ROBOTS, ARCH

• Options
    Chat is the worst drug

This discussion has been closed.