As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [chat]stable

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    a
    Burnage wrote: »
    I am super skeptical of Breath of the Wild getting such high scores

I can think of too many examples of a hyped game dropping, getting perfect scores and raved about as one of the best games ever and then six months later the consensus is actually that it was "okay" or "mostly good, but"

Granted, my skepticism stems mostly from me trying to find reasons to not drop £300 on a Switch

hmm, what are these examples?

this is not a gotcha moment I am largely ignorant of vidya games these past 5 years or so

Every Call of Duty and Madden game released in the last 5 years that has been a minimal update and essentially a rehash?

those get rave reviews? how could a madden game get called a best game ever when everyone knows they're all rehashes?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/25/madden-nfl-16-review

"Game changer".

Yeah dude, they still get high 8's and 9's, even to this day.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    desc wrote: »
    Someone give me their Switch and this Zelda game
    girl I'll give you my Switch

when pig-men fly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0pnZOgSu-Y

wandering on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Nintendo has earned the right for me to be hype about people gushing about one of its games in reviews. Like several times over.

They lost me.

Now i only allow indie darlings that privilege.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39141371

Switch cartridges taste bad. Fuck Nintendo. Fuck em.

You just know they had an office pool going at Nintendo for when the first person to taste a cartridge would be.

A one dollar bet on Jeff Gerstman gets you one dollar.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm pissed now.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    How big are Switch cartridges?

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Nintendo has earned the right for me to be hype about people gushing about one of its games in reviews. Like several times over.

They lost me.

What lost you if you don't mind me asking. :)

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

I can think of too many examples of a hyped game dropping, getting perfect scores and raved about as one of the best games ever and then six months later the consensus is actually that it was "okay" or "mostly good, but"

Granted, my skepticism stems mostly from me trying to find reasons to not drop £300 on a Switch

this is not a gotcha moment I am largely ignorant of vidya games these past 5 years or so

GTA IV's the obvious example off the top of my head

I think Skyward Sword and Dragon Age: Inquisition also both had a far warmer initial reception than they do now?

Burnage on
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39141371

Switch cartridges taste bad. Fuck Nintendo. Fuck em.
    The fact that Nintendo intentionally made the cartridges taste bad so kids won't eat them blows my mind

it is now my single favorite thing about the console

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

I think they're pretty much SD cards.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

About SD card size.

nibXTE7.png
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    that $104k house in murdertown with the pool in the back yard is still on the market

For that price and location, people expect an updated meth lab. My guess is everything is still original.

They look about the size of 3DS ones

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Good morning chatcapods.

Bless your heart.
    bowen wrote: »
    Hey fuck you amazon, don't tell me "we ran out of stock"

That's not how this works.

It was a preorder, you knew exactly how many you needed. I have a friend that ordered it a few weeks after me that already has it confirmed for them to be here tomorrow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-brgkkjnHc

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    .noo I wanted big dumb nes sized games

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hey fuck you amazon, don't tell me "we ran out of stock"

That's not how this works.

It was a preorder, you knew exactly how many you needed. I have a friend that ordered it a few weeks after me that already has it confirmed for them to be here tomorrow.

Sorry that it happened to you but the system seems pretty broken and cyclical.

I've heard people on podcasts now that have between 3-5 switch preorders just to hedge and like see how to pick one up at the earliest possible time. So they'll pick up one and cancel the rest. When a preorder is such a zero committment thing like it seems to be it's logical that they sometimes don't order enough stock in. I mean it's amateurish to run out, and on top of that to not fulfil by date of order (if ur friend is getting one). But I get why they don't order in 100% if 20% or whatever usually end up being hedge orders and canceled.

Preorders should be pay everything at order. Order one, get one.

PSN: Honkalot

They lost me.

The WiiU, pretty much.

IDK what exactly about the Wiiu filled me with revulsion but it's like....

I love Nintendo games, but not to the point where i wanna buy their consoles anymore.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    a

Every Call of Duty and Madden game released in the last 5 years that has been a minimal update and essentially a rehash?

those get rave reviews? how could a madden game get called a best game ever when everyone knows they're all rehashes?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/25/madden-nfl-16-review

"Game changer".

Yeah dude, they still get high 8's and 9's, even to this day.

well i'll be. i still feel like this isn't the best example of what burnage was talking about but maybe we're using different criteria

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    edited March 2017

They lost me.

The WiiU, pretty much.

I love Nintendo games, but not to the point where i wanna buy their consoles anymore.

That is a very fair point. My counter argument would be ZombieU. Probably one of, if not the best, external vendor release title of this generation.

I ended up liking the WiiU, in the end, because it got Xenogame 1 and 2. And the Mario games were top notch.

Jubal77 on
    edited March 2017

I think Skyward Sword and Dragon Age: Inquisition also both had a far warmer initial reception than they do now?

SS is the only one of those that I've played, but i could see that being a good example, idk how well it reviewed but im sure it was hyped (and it definitely doesn't fall anywhere near "best game ever" category)

Sir Landshark on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Ahh, the blissful stress free existence of not being an early adopter.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I made it almost 18 hours without looking at the news give or take but the Sessions hentai joke tweet hakks posted made me look.

Holy fucking shit

THEY'RE -ALL- REDS

THEY'RE ALL REDS

2017 is the shittiest timeline

thanks barry allen

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Readers are advised not to try tasting Nintendo Switch cartridges at home.

They lost me.

The WiiU, pretty much.

That is a very fair point. My counter argument would be ZombieU. Probably one of, if not the best, external vendor release title of this generation.

The Wii was a huge letdown.

The WiiU is the first Nintendo Console i just skipped.

There's, like, 3-4 games i care about but none of them are strong enough contenders to get me to buy one ASAP

SS is the only one of those that I've played, but i could see that being a good example, idk how well it reviewed but im sure it was hyped (and it definitely doesn't fall anywhere near "best game ever" category)

93 metascore for Skyward Sword.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Shark are you bros playing Overwatch on PC ?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I made it almost 18 hours without looking at the news give or take but the Sessions hentai joke tweet hakks posted made me look.

Holy fucking shit

THEY'RE -ALL- REDS

THEY'RE ALL REDS

jason fkin chaffetz is actually calling on sessions to recuse himself instead of investigating like a den of squirrels that might have campaigned for hillary

i don't even know what's real anymore

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Chanus wrote: »
    that $104k house in murdertown with the pool in the back yard is still on the market

What's the worst that can happen

Dying in a pool is sort of glamorous

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Readers are advised not to try tasting Nintendo Switch cartridges at home.

It's literally the first thing I'm doing after taking the cart out of the case

nah bro we play on xbone

*sues amazon and nintendo*

2017 is the shittiest timeline

thanks barry allen

Save the city or delay video game console delivery. You choose....

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

nah bro we play on xbone

*sigh*

93 metascore for Skyward Sword.

yeah that's pretty up there. probably top 10 for that generation of games.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

They lost me.

The WiiU, pretty much.

I ended up liking the WiiU, in the end, because it got Xenogame 1 and 2. And the Mario games were top notch.

the xeno games were the only thing that made me contemplate a WiiU. it was not a particularly strong compulsion. shelling out hundreds of dollars for a game or two seems excessive. especially considering that gaming no longer plays such a central role in my leisure time.

Now EVERY SINGLE PERSON is going to taste one of those carts. "How bad could it be?"

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

When Nintendo polishes a game you know that shit is going to be fucking shining ok

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Nintendo

Stop

Please

No more delicious sd cards

Can't you see what you're doing to this family

This discussion has been closed.