As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat]stable

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    OH NO. NINTENDO NO.

Friend codes are back for the Switch? Nintendo stop it what are you doing this is like a flat out lie from what you said!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it will be kind of darkly hilarious when a bunch of adults choke on switch carts because they just had to know what they tasted like

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    OH NO. NINTENDO NO.

Friend codes are back for the Switch? Nintendo stop it what are you doing this is like a flat out lie from what you said!

Does every game have a unique code so that if somebody sells a game suddenly you have a new friend? It's like people trading cards

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    *sues amazon and nintendo*

we could talk about the woods. We'll have our own breath of the wild Bowen. Just me and you.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    OH NO. NINTENDO NO.

moar like bait and switch am i right fellas

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Nintendo has earned the right for me to be hype about people gushing about one of its games in reviews. Like several times over.

When Nintendo polishes a game you know that shit is going to be fucking shining ok

Unless its poopy skyward sword then its just shiny poop

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    The Wii is where Nintendo lost me - or perhaps more accurately, where I could feel myself and the company going in different directions.

Like, I still picked up all the staples for it - the Zeldas, Mario titles, etc. - but then there was so little else on offer. Underpowered compared to it's competitors, it couldn't even handle ports from different systems because it simply couldn't play them.

So I enjoyed it for a little while - I probably tracked my most hours in Wii Fit, frankly -, but eventually it just sat and collected dust and I enjoyed the "next-gen" experiences of the 360 and the PS3 and PC gaming, and didn't feel like I was missing out on much by not using my Wii.

And then, yeah, the Wii U came out and I couldn't see a reason to be excited, so Nintendo sort of slipped off my radar until that Pokemon Go excitement last year, and now with this Zelda hype. I am sure this Zelda game will be marvelously enjoyable - Nintendo usually treats its own IPs quite well -, but for a poor like me it's just not worth the investment.

For now, I build more rockets. 'Cause I'm a rocketman, burning up my fuel out there alone!

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    OH NO. NINTENDO NO.

Boooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    i usually don't care at all about early adoption for consoles. as long as there's a game i really want to play i know there will be more later.

the only one i kinda got burned on was the 3DS just cuz of the price drop several months later. but porp bought that for me as a bday present and i ain't about to shit on my wife for being super thoughtful so.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Nintendo has earned the right for me to be hype about people gushing about one of its games in reviews. Like several times over.

When Nintendo polishes a game you know that shit is going to be fucking shining ok

I skipped that generation so as far as I'm concerned it never happened :cool:

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    YEAH HERE COMES NECO WITH A HOT TAKE ON SKYWARD SWORD AKA CRYPTO NAZI ZELDA

Neco on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    OH NO. NINTENDO NO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0pnZOgSu-Y

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    I'm waiting on the Switch. This season has been crazy for a late winter/early spring video game time. Ni-oh, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Trio of Towns...

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    OH NO. NINTENDO NO.

Does every game have a unique code so that if somebody sells a game suddenly you have a new friend? It's like people trading cards

I think your code is unique to the system not to individual games

But still, we all just made nintendo IDs, why not just use that? Hell do the blizzard thing and add a #1234 thing to the end! Not this friend code nonsense!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    i usually don't care at all about early adoption for consoles. as long as there's a game i really want to play i know there will be more later.

the only one i kinda got burned on was the 3DS just cuz of the price drop several months later. but porp bought that for me as a bday present and i ain't about to shit on my wife for being super thoughtful so.

are there other reasons you may shit on her

*leans in*

sexy reasons?

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Pretty much the only thing that would sour me on picking up a Switch at launch since I know there will eventually be the games I want on it is a price drop or new XL JoyCons bundled in for adults with adult, non-Tyrion-Lannister-sized hands

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    I made it almost 18 hours without looking at the news give or take but the Sessions hentai joke tweet hakks posted made me look.

Holy fucking shit

THEY'RE -ALL- REDS

THEY'RE ALL REDS

#RedRising

• Options

SS was still an enjoyable game as long as you managed to get the clumsy sword mechanics working properly

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

m92ew97louf3.jpg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    *sues amazon and nintendo*

we could talk about the woods. We'll have our own breath of the wild Bowen. Just me and you.

Alright but I'm not going near your butt.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

*leans in*

sexy reasons?

The Legend of Zelda's glass coffeetable

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I never touched skyward sword. The instant I saw the demo/trailer where the bad guy/ one of the bosses sticks out his long tongue and it's just horrible flopping polygons I was like

nope

pass

• Options
    jubal did you just poop in your hand

• Options

*leans in*

sexy reasons?

yes, i figuratively and literally shit on her daily it's what keeps our marriage going after all these years

• Options
    you people and your "friends"

• Options
    I don't buy a console until it has its latest edition of its football, basketball, baseball, and hockey franchise released for it

Being the next Steve Nash never gets old, you guys

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

:)

Did no one watch Mythbusters? heh.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Oh my god this Always Sunny episode

That man can eat a lemon

• Options
    I never touched skyward sword. The instant I saw the demo/trailer where the bad guy/ one of the bosses sticks out his long tongue and it's just horrible flopping polygons I was like

nope

pass

I've tried to play it 3 times.

I just..

I just can't get myself past the first dungeon.

The controls are shitty and the story is meh. I couldn't find the motivation to play it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    can you play wii u games with the portable version of the switch?

i honestly know next to nothing about the switch but will still probably buy one at some point cuz i like to get every other iteration of Nintendo consoles and catch up on the cool games

Sir Landshark on
  • Options

i honestly know next to nothing about the switch
    It is not backwards compatible and doesn't have a disc drive

• Options
    I'll wait until they rerelease skyward sword for the switch and make it compatible with the controller instead of motion.

• Options
    edited March 2017

I knew exactly what it was and assumed everyone else was knowledgeable and cool enough to know as well. I'm sorry you have to deal with #fakenerds

Ludious on
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »

i honestly know next to nothing about the switch
    It is not backwards compatible and doesn't have a disc drive

WELL NEVERMIND THEN

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

i honestly know next to nothing about the switch but will still probably buy one at some point cuz i like to get every other iteration of Nintendo consoles and catch up on the cool games

No backwards compatibility.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I passed in the WiiU also. Haven't even played it at all as nobody else in our circle got it except my nephew, who just plays Cod on Xbox anyway.

• Options

I knew exactly what it was and assumed everyone else was knowledgeable and cool enough to know as well. I'm sorry you have to deal with #fakenerds

um excuse me i can make a poop joke and still know that the thing i'm making a poop joke about isn't actually jubal's own poop

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    you people and your "friends"

I had friends once...

*stares out into the ocean*

• Options
    i mean to be fair i did not know what that was but

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Fucking friend codes.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
This discussion has been closed.