Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The [chat]stable

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Nintendo has earned the right for me to be hype about people gushing about one of its games in reviews. Like several times over.

When Nintendo polishes a game you know that shit is going to be fucking shining ok

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    wanderingNecoJubal77
  • NecoNeco Vapid and Shallow Registered User regular
    Nintendo

Stop

Please

No more delicious sd cards

Can't you see what you're doing to this family

ChanuswanderingBurnageJubal77BeNarwhaloverride367surrealitycheckkedinik
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    OH NO. NINTENDO NO.

Friend codes are back for the Switch? Nintendo stop it what are you doing this is like a flat out lie from what you said!

Twitch Streaming T/W/TH and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Me on Steam
    Hahnsoo1Drez
  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    it will be kind of darkly hilarious when a bunch of adults choke on switch carts because they just had to know what they tasted like

**Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    navgoosewanderingBeNarwhal
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo But do you really believe him? Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    OH NO. NINTENDO NO.

Friend codes are back for the Switch? Nintendo stop it what are you doing this is like a flat out lie from what you said!

Does every game have a unique code so that if somebody sells a game suddenly you have a new friend? It's like people trading cards

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    *sues amazon and nintendo*

we could talk about the woods. We'll have our own breath of the wild Bowen. Just me and you.

Arch wrote: »

I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
    wanderingBeNarwhal
    OH NO. NINTENDO NO.

moar like bait and switch am i right fellas

wanderingHahnsoo1Jubal77cptruggedBeNarwhalkedinik
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Nintendo has earned the right for me to be hype about people gushing about one of its games in reviews. Like several times over.

When Nintendo polishes a game you know that shit is going to be fucking shining ok

Unless its poopy skyward sword then its just shiny poop

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    The Wii is where Nintendo lost me - or perhaps more accurately, where I could feel myself and the company going in different directions.

Like, I still picked up all the staples for it - the Zeldas, Mario titles, etc. - but then there was so little else on offer. Underpowered compared to it's competitors, it couldn't even handle ports from different systems because it simply couldn't play them.

So I enjoyed it for a little while - I probably tracked my most hours in Wii Fit, frankly -, but eventually it just sat and collected dust and I enjoyed the "next-gen" experiences of the 360 and the PS3 and PC gaming, and didn't feel like I was missing out on much by not using my Wii.

And then, yeah, the Wii U came out and I couldn't see a reason to be excited, so Nintendo sort of slipped off my radar until that Pokemon Go excitement last year, and now with this Zelda hype. I am sure this Zelda game will be marvelously enjoyable - Nintendo usually treats its own IPs quite well -, but for a poor like me it's just not worth the investment.

For now, I build more rockets. 'Cause I'm a rocketman, burning up my fuel out there alone!

He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature
    21stCentury
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    OH NO. NINTENDO NO.

Boooooooooooooooooo

Chanus
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    i usually don't care at all about early adoption for consoles. as long as there's a game i really want to play i know there will be more later.

the only one i kinda got burned on was the 3DS just cuz of the price drop several months later. but porp bought that for me as a bday present and i ain't about to shit on my wife for being super thoughtful so.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

I skipped that generation so as far as I'm concerned it never happened :cool:

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    Neco
    edited March 2017
    YEAH HERE COMES NECO WITH A HOT TAKE ON SKYWARD SWORD AKA CRYPTO NAZI ZELDA

Neco on
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    OH NO. NINTENDO NO.

Chanus
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    I'm waiting on the Switch. This season has been crazy for a late winter/early spring video game time. Ni-oh, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Trio of Towns...

Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.

Watch me sometimes stream games.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    OH NO. NINTENDO NO.

Does every game have a unique code so that if somebody sells a game suddenly you have a new friend? It's like people trading cards

I think your code is unique to the system not to individual games

But still, we all just made nintendo IDs, why not just use that? Hell do the blizzard thing and add a #1234 thing to the end! Not this friend code nonsense!

Twitch Streaming T/W/TH and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Me on Steam
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    i usually don't care at all about early adoption for consoles. as long as there's a game i really want to play i know there will be more later.

the only one i kinda got burned on was the 3DS just cuz of the price drop several months later. but porp bought that for me as a bday present and i ain't about to shit on my wife for being super thoughtful so.

are there other reasons you may shit on her

*leans in*

sexy reasons?

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know Texas booniesRegistered User regular
    Pretty much the only thing that would sour me on picking up a Switch at launch since I know there will eventually be the games I want on it is a price drop or new XL JoyCons bundled in for adults with adult, non-Tyrion-Lannister-sized hands

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu, Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Ludious wrote: »
    I made it almost 18 hours without looking at the news give or take but the Sessions hentai joke tweet hakks posted made me look.

Holy fucking shit

THEY'RE -ALL- REDS

THEY'RE ALL REDS

#RedRising

He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature

SS was still an enjoyable game as long as you managed to get the clumsy sword mechanics working properly

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

m92ew97louf3.jpg

jungleroomxNecoHahnsoo1wanderingHakkekageBeNarwhalsurrealitycheck21stCentury
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    *sues amazon and nintendo*

we could talk about the woods. We'll have our own breath of the wild Bowen. Just me and you.

Alright but I'm not going near your butt.

Ladies.
    amateurhour
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

*leans in*

sexy reasons?

The Legend of Zelda's glass coffeetable

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I never touched skyward sword. The instant I saw the demo/trailer where the bad guy/ one of the bosses sticks out his long tongue and it's just horrible flopping polygons I was like

nope

pass

jubal did you just poop in your hand

Jubal77BeNarwhalkedinik

*leans in*

sexy reasons?

yes, i figuratively and literally shit on her daily it's what keeps our marriage going after all these years

ChanuswanderingjungleroomxCouscousBeNarwhalcptrugged
    you people and your "friends"

ChanusBeNarwhalNecosurrealitycheckkedinik
    I don't buy a console until it has its latest edition of its football, basketball, baseball, and hockey franchise released for it

Being the next Steve Nash never gets old, you guys

He/Him
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

:)

Did no one watch Mythbusters? heh.

ChanusHahnsoo1BeNarwhal
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Oh my god this Always Sunny episode

That man can eat a lemon

Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    I never touched skyward sword. The instant I saw the demo/trailer where the bad guy/ one of the bosses sticks out his long tongue and it's just horrible flopping polygons I was like

nope

pass

I've tried to play it 3 times.

I just..

I just can't get myself past the first dungeon.

The controls are shitty and the story is meh. I couldn't find the motivation to play it.

Ladies.
    edited March 2017
    can you play wii u games with the portable version of the switch?

i honestly know next to nothing about the switch but will still probably buy one at some point cuz i like to get every other iteration of Nintendo consoles and catch up on the cool games

Sir Landshark on

i honestly know next to nothing about the switch
    It is not backwards compatible and doesn't have a disc drive

Jubal77
    I'll wait until they rerelease skyward sword for the switch and make it compatible with the controller instead of motion.

Ladies.
    edited March 2017

I knew exactly what it was and assumed everyone else was knowledgeable and cool enough to know as well. I'm sorry you have to deal with #fakenerds

Ludious on
    Hahnsoo1jungleroomxBeNarwhal
    wandering wrote: »

i honestly know next to nothing about the switch
    It is not backwards compatible and doesn't have a disc drive

WELL NEVERMIND THEN

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

i honestly know next to nothing about the switch but will still probably buy one at some point cuz i like to get every other iteration of Nintendo consoles and catch up on the cool games

No backwards compatibility.

Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.

Watch me sometimes stream games.
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I passed in the WiiU also. Haven't even played it at all as nobody else in our circle got it except my nephew, who just plays Cod on Xbox anyway.

I knew exactly what it was and assumed everyone else was knowledgeable and cool enough to know as well. I'm sorry you have to deal with #fakenerds

um excuse me i can make a poop joke and still know that the thing i'm making a poop joke about isn't actually jubal's own poop

Jubal77
    wandering wrote: »
    you people and your "friends"

I had friends once...

*stares out into the ocean*

wanderingBeNarwhal
This discussion has been closed.