As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [chat]stable

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    can you play wii u games with the portable version of the switch?

i honestly know next to nothing about the switch but will still probably buy one at some point cuz i like to get every other iteration of Nintendo consoles and catch up on the cool games

No backwards compatibility.
    Virtual Console isn't even available yet. And we'll get details at some point.

So expect nothing but Virtual Boy games.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    can you play wii u games with the portable version of the switch?

i honestly know next to nothing about the switch but will still probably buy one at some point cuz i like to get every other iteration of Nintendo consoles and catch up on the cool games

No backwards compatibility.

Guess you're gonna have to... switch... your game library!

Hah!

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Fucking friend codes.

friend codes with benefits

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'll probably end up detonating a nuclear device on amazon's hq if they move my switch's shipment too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Oh.. is it scat [chat]?

I see.

/puts on a Rammstien album

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    im not sure there's any wii u games i really missed out on like i did with the gamecube (before i got a wii)

well, other than whatever Mario game they made, those are always fun
    and smash bros
    and splatoon? or is that only fun for the multiplayer?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Going from the airport straight to the office was a poor choice.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Oh.. is it scat [chat]?

I see.

i mean surely you've been around here before and know the deal

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    In case it's not clear, I do not own a nuclear device and have no plans on obtaining one.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I haven't owned a nintendo system since the SNES.

What's up with friend codes?

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Chanus wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    jubal did you just poop in your hand

:)

Did no one watch Mythbusters? heh.

I knew exactly what it was and assumed everyone else was knowledgeable and cool enough to know as well. I'm sorry you have to deal with #fakenerds

um excuse me i can make a poop joke and still know that the thing i'm making a poop joke about isn't actually jubal's own poop

I didnt polish my own poop chanus. :)

Poop gets flushed to the depths of the earth where I assume there is a giant tentacle beast that eats it and it also judges whether or not we can keep our genitals in an attempt to not work the slave mall.

Jubal77 on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    I am super skeptical of Breath of the Wild getting such high scores

I can think of too many examples of a hyped game dropping, getting perfect scores and raved about as one of the best games ever and then six months later the consensus is actually that it was "okay" or "mostly good, but"

Granted, my skepticism stems mostly from me trying to find reasons to not drop £300 on a Switch

It's out on WiiU and it's a launch game, if you've got a WiiU the differences are probably going to be relatively minor.

Also christ the "just make it the same in pounds/USD" pricing really sucks.

I don't have a WiiU and they're also nearly £300 still, so

God Nintendo is just the hecking worst when it comes to depreciation.

I am excited to get a PS4 because games on it will actually be relatively inexpensive if they're old. Also the system is about £300 for the Pro!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The Wii U, however, is completely backwards compatible with the Wii

So even tho the Wii U's at the end of its life and is generally maligned, if you want something that can play the new Zelda plus the entire Wii+Wii U back catalog getting a Wii U might actually be a good option

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Fucking friend codes.

Make online dating easy with this one simple step

edited March 2017
    Oh.. is it scat [chat]?

I see.

i mean surely you've been around here before and know the deal

Oh I'm ready. Hence the German industrial. I'm not getting shit on unless "Amerika" is playing in the background

cptrugged on
    so apparently rachel dolezal has changed her name to nkechi amare diallo and is just doubling down on this whole thing

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    In case it's not clear, I do not own a nuclear device and have no plans on obtaining one.

Yeah

S-same

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

I think its a twelve digit random number instead of friend lists? Dunno, only Ell is my nintendo friend and I havent touched my 3ds in a while.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

It's a barrier between Nintendo's core consumers and the pedophiles who want to chat with them online, I suppose.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Why is it only freaking thursday? WHY!?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    The Wii U, however, is completely backwards compatible with the Wii

So even tho the Wii U's at the end of its life and is generally maligned, if you want something that can play the new Zelda plus the entire Wii+Wii U back catalog getting a Wii U might actually be a good option

idk if this was directed at me or at chat in general, but i have a Wii already so i'll prob just skip the wii u

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    edited March 2017

Ive watched Manhattan Project. It cant be that hard. Befriend John Lithgow with witty witticisms. Steal some high grade plutonium. Aquire C4. Win science fair.

Jubal77 on
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    In my life, we / I went:

NES
    SNES
    N64
    Dreamcast
    Gamecube
    Xbox / Wii
    Xbox 360

I have not owned consoles since, I suppose. Brother has, mostly down the Xbox and PS lines. He may invest in Nintendo again in the future if they have the more kid-friendly titles, though as an only child sitting inside and playing video games during his formative years is probably not the best plan for my nephew :P

He can go to his friends' houses and do that!

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

to add people to your friends list you need to enter a long ass string of numbers

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    so apparently rachel dolezal has changed her name to nkechi amare diallo and is just doubling down on this whole thing

I haven't read anything she's said to make me think she's faking it. She really wants to be black.

edited March 2017
    im not sure there's any wii u games i really missed out on like i did with the gamecube (before i got a wii)

well, other than whatever Mario game they made, those are always fun
    and smash bros
    and splatoon? or is that only fun for the multiplayer?
    Splatoon has a surprisingly good single player campaign but it's short. the meat of the game is the online multiplayer

and dressing your squid kid in cool outfits

wandering on
    Ohhhh snap. Rammstein is on Spotify now.

Oh this is gonna be a fun work day now.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    *sues amazon and nintendo*

we could talk about the woods. We'll have our own breath of the wild Bowen. Just me and you.

Alright but I'm not going near your butt.

Just got back from shitting and saw this.

Good call.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    backing sunless skies on kickstarter cuz I CANT RESIST

i went

Colecovision
    NES
    Gameboy
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Game Gear
    Playstation
    PS2
    PS4
    XBone

I saw Rammstein with Mudvayne, System of a Down and Slipknot. One of the best concerts ever.

Ohhhh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0pnZOgSu-Y. Rammstein is on Spotify now.

Oh this is gonna be a fun work day now.

emnmnme wrote: »

I haven't read anything she's said to make me think she's faking it. She really wants to be black.

yeah no i believe she is truly into this with all her heart

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

this is such a bizarre circumstance

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I figure most of us have owned pretty much every console.

i went

Colecovision
    NES
    Gameboy
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Game Gear
    Playstation
    PS2
    PS4
    XBone

Your old is showing

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    not eating then doing sake/ramen + nap is clearly the secret to living forever

i feel great

this is such a bizarre circumstance

I saw a news story that said she's on the verge of homelessness (headline) but I don't know if that just means like she's bankrupt or selling her house or what.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

It's literally the most annoying way to friend someone. Try adding a person using a game function outside of friend codes and you might as well light your dick on fire.

I wasn't allowed ot have a Ninendo whenI as a kid so i gamed on a c64 for YEARS

This discussion has been closed.