As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Give Thanks for the Moment of the Week - 11/21/2007

2»

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    For the first time in my life, I actually have an interest in the Gunn character.
    Wesley becoming a Wolfram and Hart liason is also good, but I already liked his character.

Now it's just a question of what happened to Spike and Illyria, and Lorne too if he didn't make it out of LA before it got sent to hell.

I don't know if it's continuity or not but spike was in a series called asylum a little while back, and
    lorne was working as a lounge singer in vegas, or a showman of sorts, but not by force, like in the series. He had to help spike break out of a nuthouse for demons. All of this had to have happened after season five, but like I said, it's a continuity call. Illyria also had her own series, or a one shot at least.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    For the first time in my life, I actually have an interest in the Gunn character.
    Wesley becoming a Wolfram and Hart liason is also good, but I already liked his character.

Now it's just a question of what happened to Spike and Illyria, and Lorne too if he didn't make it out of LA before it got sent to hell.

I don't know if it's continuity or not but spike was in a series called asylum a little while back, and
    lorne was working as a lounge singer in vegas, or a showman of sorts, but not by force, like in the series. He had to help spike break out of a nuthouse for demons. All of this had to have happened after season five, but like I said, it's a continuity call. Illyria also had her own series, or a one shot at least.

I think the only things that are in continuity, as far as Joss Whedon is concerned, are: Fray, Buffy Season 8, Angel: After the Fall, and the various Tales of the Slayers series.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This week is just about over, but before it ends I wanna throw in Ultimate Vision #5. It took forever to end, and the last couple of books were several months late, but the saga finally came to a close.
    Favorite part was the battle where Vision 'talks' Gah Lak Tus to death. Whenever Vision speaks about all the other races she's found, and where and how they live, I feel all fuzzy inside. I'd love to think some of the people she talks about actually exists. I'll try and scan a few pages later. Also, it's good that Vision didn't die, so she might come back later.

One minor boo: Vision never got her yellow cape. The Ultimate Vision HeroClix figure implied that this would be so.

So boo.

But otherwise yay.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

I think the only things that are in continuity, as far as Joss Whedon is concerned, are: Fray, Buffy Season 8, Angel: After the Fall, and the various Tales of the Slayers series.

I just picked this book up today, and Joss actually writes in the back that it technically began with spike: asylum, which explains the
    psychic goldfish thing that he loves so much

So yeah, if you want to know what happened to a few of the characters after the very end of the season, check out spike asylum.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    did no one pick up Cable and Deadpool?
    the antics are second only to she hulk

bob the hydra agent and Deadpool go dimension hopping the doc strange and find themselves on a viking boat being attacked by a giant sea serpant. i've missed this smart ass:
    cd47dcp0027ac7.jpg

delphinus on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    this is last week's thread

Cable & Deadpool is this week's comic.

Solution? We need a new thread.

Who will make it?

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Not me, it's going to be another week before I hit the shop.
    But Angel season 6 was my moment of the week.
    "He said I couldn't leave the building."
    Fuck off, demons

Me Too! on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    This week is just about over, but before it ends I wanna throw in Ultimate Vision #5. It took forever to end, and the last couple of books were several months late, but the saga finally came to a close.
    Favorite part was the battle where Vision 'talks' Gah Lak Tus to death. Whenever Vision speaks about all the other races she's found, and where and how they live, I feel all fuzzy inside. I'd love to think some of the people she talks about actually exists. I'll try and scan a few pages later. Also, it's good that Vision didn't die, so she might come back later.

One minor boo: Vision never got her yellow cape. The Ultimate Vision HeroClix figure implied that this would be so.

So boo.

But otherwise yay.

It was cool, but all I could think was how Tycho would be making love to the comic right there.

Scooter on