As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Gotham] Gotham's brain is a bag full of cats

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Jerome is going a little too hard on the TDK impression.

Am I going crazy or was he a better Joker the first time around?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

You are not Jerome.

sig.gif
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Sure, Gotham, make a huge point of
    Jerome breaking the stupid crystal Court of Owls owl,
    then forget about it completely for the rest of the episode.

• see317see317 Registered User regular

You are not Jerome.

Pretty sure we're all Jerome.
    The man in the Jerome mask told me so.

Ra's al Ghul is coming, plugging up one of the remaining holes in Bats' major baddies list.

Personally I'd be more interested in how they attempt to do Solomon Grundy, because you know that's happening next season.

Inspired casting. Like, for real.

sig.gif
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Lordy. I haven't watched this season yet. Figured I'd hate binge it on Netflix. Is it better?

Fake edit: wait, no it isn't. They added sexy Ivy who is actually a twelve year old but an adult now so the perving isn't creepy...or something.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Lordy. I haven't watched this season yet. Figured I'd hate binge it on Netflix. Is it better?

Fake edit: wait, no it isn't. They added sexy Ivy who is actually a twelve year old but an adult now so the perving isn't creepy...or something.

The show actually has a certain charm to it now. Ivy is actually hilarious, because she is a complete goober, despite looking like a lingerie model. I was pretty against that whole plot originally, but it's been handled fairly carefully thusfar.

Yeah, Ivy is as dumb as a bag of hammers.

https://youtu.be/2Qz3gwRJmK8

The actual answer to Selina's question at the end.
    Ivy is starting to experiement with perfumes/scents, and can manipulate dudes accordingly.

sig.gif
    Yeah, Ivy is as dumb as a bag of hammers.

https://youtu.be/2Qz3gwRJmK8

The actual answer to Selina's question at the end.
    Ivy is starting to experiement with perfumes/scents, and can manipulate dudes accordingly.

And when that fails
    She hits them over the head with a vase, steals something, and runs away.

• RhinocerousRhinocerous Registered User regular
    Ra's al Ghul is coming, plugging up one of the remaining holes in Bats' major baddies list.
    Is that article deliberately omitting the role he is likely best known for? Bizarre.

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Is that article deliberately omitting the role he is likely best known for? Bizarre.

I know! He was great in Clash of the Titans.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    Alfred had some fun in this episode.
    I liked the whole knife through the hand thing.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    Looks like next week's season finale (in June?) will pull both the Ras' al Ghul and Harley Quinn triggers.

I kind of like where this is going now.
    'Tetch Virus' is basically going to be the hand-wavy explanation as to why Gotham sucks so bad, which is fine, but it creates Batman because Bruce will feel responsible for being the one to unleash it. Also there will inevitably be a cure, because two of the main characters have been infected, even though Lee looks absolutely slammin' now with her hair/mascara game on point.

But hey, if they want to make Gordon into Solomon Grundy and Lee into S2 Barbara But Superpowered, I'm down with it.

sig.gif
    'Tetch Virus' is basically going to be the hand-wavy explanation as to why Gotham sucks so bad, which is fine, but it creates Batman because Bruce will feel responsible for being the one to unleash it. Also there will inevitably be a cure, because two of the main characters have been infected, even though Lee looks absolutely slammin' now with her hair/mascara game on point.

But hey, if they want to make Gordon into Solomon Grundy and Lee into S2 Barbara But Superpowered, I'm down with it.
    Well, it wasn't Gordon, but...
    Going to miss Lee (assuming she actually manages to stay out of Gotham for more than a week this time).

Really loved watching Riddler realize how thoroughly Penguin played him. Series has been worth it just for those two characters.
    Well, mostly Penguin.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Well, it wasn't Gordon, but...
    Going to miss Lee (assuming she actually manages to stay out of Gotham for more than a week this time).

Really loved watching Riddler realize how thoroughly Penguin played him. Series has been worth it just for those two characters.
    Well, mostly Penguin.
    The show is definitely Penguin's - he's been stealing the show from under Gordon from the pilot.

I was promised a Harley Quinn.
    Again, they have failed this city.

And speaking of things I never thought I'd say
    I'm gonna miss that little ball of crazy known as Barbara Keane.

Things I like saying, though.
    Oh thank GOD Fish is dead.

sig.gif

Assuming she stays that way.
    Also assuming she stays that way.

see317 wrote: »

Assuming she stays that way.
    Also assuming she stays that way.
    True, but those were the second-most confirmable deaths we've had to this point. Usually it's "in the river with you", which is a big, gleaming sign that they'll be back.

sig.gif
    Rob Bricken returns with his great attempt to wrap up the latest insanity.

Also it turns out by pure accident and sarcasm I managed to call
    Solomon Grundy

....which kind of frightens me.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Rob Bricken returns with his great attempt to wrap up the latest insanity.

Also it turns out by pure accident and sarcasm I managed to call
    Solomon Grundy

....which kind of frightens me.

That's the easy part.
    It's the Butch thing that comes out of left field.

• kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Good lord, this show is ridiculous but I also feel like it's become significantly more fun the more willing it's been to let loose.

Finale:
    I think Fish might actually be dead this time. I mean, how much more can they have her pop up for a couple episodes and then disappear again?

Barbara also seemed dead, but we'll see. I think the transformation of her character starting at the end of S1 was kind of brilliant, but I was also thinking during the finale that she's felt a little stale this season. Maybe she'll turn out to be Harley after all. Who knows.

I assumed Butch was dead and gone at first, what with being shot in the head and all. But I guess he'll just be dead and sticking around. I admittedly had to look up Cyrus Gold because I didn't realize who that was.

I'm assuming Morena Baccarin might actually be leaving the show now (I was a little surprised that she was actually back this season given the success of Deadpool, but I assume she was on contract). Or possibly she came back because ahhhh! I did not realize her and Ben McKenzie were a thing and just got married!

Nygma will obviously get thawed out at some point. The last scene with Bruce was maybe a little much. Alexander Siddig was definitely good casting for Ra's.

Apparently Gotham's producers figured out shoehorning Harley Quinn in the show probably isn't the best idea.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/despite-promises-it-turns-out-harley-quinn-was-never-a-1797188470

Probably for the best if they insist on doing Kid Joker.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Any idea when this will hit a streaming service?

I stared watched Gotham when Season 3 was already well under way. Of course, by the time I finished Season 1 and Season 2, there was no way to watch the first half of Season 3 without buying the episodes, which I refuse to do.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Drez wrote: »

I stared watched Gotham when Season 3 was already well under way. Of course, by the time I finished Season 1 and Season 2, there was no way to watch the first half of Season 3 without buying the episodes, which I refuse to do.

Supposedly the week before S4 starts on Fox it'll be on Netflix.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular

Personally I'd be more interested in how they attempt to do Solomon Grundy, because you know that's happening next season.

One would assume he will be born on a monday.

Apparently Gotham's producers figured out shoehorning Harley Quinn in the show probably isn't the best idea.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/despite-promises-it-turns-out-harley-quinn-was-never-a-1797188470

Probably for the best if they insist on doing Kid Joker.

They've essentially had her on the show when Barbara turned evil.

lwt1973 wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

Supposedly the week before S4 starts on Fox it'll be on Netflix.

Thanks @lwt1973

Apparently the next villain bromance will be Ed Nygma and Solomon Grundy.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/24/spoiler-room-greys-anatomy-supernatural-flash/

Seriously, I would pay good money for a sitcom that's just Penguin, Nygma and Butch/Grundy.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So this is finally hitting netflix this month. I'll finally get to hatewatch the new season since I skipped watching it on a weekly basis this time.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So this is finally hitting netflix this month. I'll finally get to hatewatch the new season since I skipped watching it on a weekly basis this time.

I've been wanting to catch up for awhile.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Apparently the next villain bromance will be Ed Nygma and Solomon Grundy.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/24/spoiler-room-greys-anatomy-supernatural-flash/

Seriously, I would pay good money for a sitcom that's just Penguin, Nygma and Butch/Grundy.

That makes absolutely no sense, so it's perfect!
    Also, you've got a spoiler in there, Cloud.

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
    If it's a spoiler, it should always be tagged. Like for example in the quote pointing out something is a spoiler.

sig.gif
    edited August 2017
    Sorce on
    sig.gif
    edited August 2017
    Does this mean it's the final season?

Harry Dresden on
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I was surprised that the previous season wasn't the end of it. That was a pretty good place to stop.
    Final episode should be Bruce alone in Wayne Manor. He's completed his training. He knows criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot, but he's not quite sure how to continue. Suddenly, a huge bat flies through one of the manor's perpetually open windows. A look of dawning realization crosses Bruce's face...

Fade to black.
    Roll credits.

kyrcl.png
    edited August 2017
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    I was surprised that the previous season wasn't the end of it. That was a pretty good place to stop.
    Final episode should be Bruce alone in Wayne Manor. He's completed his training. He knows criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot, but he's not quite sure how to continue. Suddenly, a huge bat flies through one of the manor's perpetually open windows. A look of dawning realization crosses Bruce's face...

Fade to black.
    Roll credits.
    In Gotham the huge bat is Bruce's pet, Snuffaluffacus.

Harry Dresden on
    edited September 2017
    ...welp, this show really is running out of ideas, so they did the biggie.
    Bruce will pretty much be Batman now.

Edit: Wait, this was posted above. Ah well, my point still stands.

cloudeagle on