As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

<3 PAX East 2017 Fancy Dinner <3

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I'm mostly just trying to screen weirdos and dour political prognosticators

...and BC eats alone.

You just...altered my quote you project veritas snake

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I also can't make it logistically or monetarily (new jerb doesn't start till the week after PAX)
    Just seemed like a good segway to ask if any of y'all wanted to play some games at PAX.

Cool to know I'd be welcome though.

Sleep on
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    I also can't make it logistically or monetarily (new jerb doesn't start till the week after PAX)
    Just seemed like a good segway to ask if any of y'all wanted to play some games at PAX.

beyond everyone joking, I don't know about everyone else, but the reason I go to PAX is primarily hanging out with everyone from the forums

batsignal people, PM people, get a phone number and text. I, at least, will pretty much always be down

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Speaking of not coming to this thing without people to vouch for you. While I'm interested in this event I think it would be weird showing without having met at least some of y'all in real life ever before.

Thusly I wouldn't mind meeting some of you this year at PAX East in a non fancy dinner type setting so as to possibly make this event next year.

Should I just throw up a signal in chat or will y'all be too thoroughly engaged to check chat while at PAX?

I think you're overstating it and ignoring the huge difference between someone who posts semi-regularly for six years and a random 1st post spam account. The dinners are how a lot of people first meet other people from the boards.

The dinner is how i meet a bunch of you in the first place, then hung out next day at PAX, friended on facebook and bnet, etc..

steam_sig.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    The dinner is my favorite part of pax and the part I miss the most.

I only knew the nyc crew when I went, and ended up meeting a bunch of other folks I have known for some time on the forums (like the 32 fam) that I consider close friends to this day.

If you have the funds and the time it is always worth.

Note that there is a less expensive karaoke event that happens in a very divey dive bar where a shark guards the door... maybe thats in the budgetary wheelhouse?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

beyond everyone joking, I don't know about everyone else, but the reason I go to PAX is primarily hanging out with everyone from the forums

batsignal people, PM people, get a phone number and text. I, at least, will pretty much always be down

Yes!! People go to see each other ^^

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I'm changing my plus one to Jerry O'Connell

can you feel the struggle within?

No I don't like him

No I don't like him

I'm vouching for him we're good buds now.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

No I don't like him

Would we get a discount on sliders?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    edited February 2017
    PantsB wrote: »

No I don't like him

Would we get a discount on sliders?

Only if you always use his full name.

Six on
    ugh u guys. I have a few announcements anyways so listen up

@y2jake215 can you please formally indicate your attendance here by this week y/n

@AresProphet same to you

To everyone: I will be reluctantly getting Venmo set up and then I will send you messages indicating how and what you shall transfer to me ahead of time, and by when. I have not heard anything about deposits or whatnot but I expect to get clarity on that. I will be asking for prepayment on the individual prix fixe cost plus 19% gratuity and 7% tax, along with other fees that come to my attention. The reason is that I will put the entire cost on my card at the end of the night, and by fucking golly, if I have to shuffle through cash in the restaurant like a fucking medieval merchant you will not be leaving Boston with all your limbs attached.

Anyway XOXO hugs kisses

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage I will not be able to make it to East let alone fancy dinner

I look forward to the feeling of seething jealousy when pictures of your revelry make it to the forums

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    We'll miss you Ares!

I'm glad you got out to South though, it was nice catching up

Hakkekage I will not be able to make it to East let alone fancy dinner

I look forward to the feeling of seething jealousy when pictures of your revelry make it to the forums

noooo ;-; will pour one out for a homie

Hello whores honored guests I have sent out the mass PM informing you of what and how to pay me so I can steal your money and make it rain on a bitch be appropriately compensated because the bill is going on my card at the end of the night

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Phase 1 of OP editing complete

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Hakks, the message alone made my day.

Who would ever mess with this don of the dinner table? Only a person who would want to sleep with the fishes.

Apparently I fucked it all up or some such nonsense

Apparently I fucked it all up or some such nonsense

Strike one Six....Strike one

Also I must report that you are all incredible darlings <3 12 out of 23 guests have already paid up mommas gettin herself some b l i n g

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I HAVE RENDERED UNTO HAKKES WHAT IS HAKKES'

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    I HAVE RENDERED UNTO HAKKES WHAT IS HAKKES'

Fanx m8

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    What's the harm in a tiny little $360 going missing. Momma needs a switch and breath of the wild. Those waiters didn't need a lavish 20% gratuity anyway.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited March 2017
    Tips are just violent redistributions of wealth, the very antithesis of what we should be striving for at such a fancy dinner.

The same is true for the $0.70 HakksTax

Six on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Naw this is so fancy the noblesse oblige kicks in, as does the requirement to throw in non-English phrases to demonstrate sophistication.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    PantsB wrote: »
    Naw this is so fancy the noblesse oblige kicks in, as does the requirement to throw in non-English phrases to demonstrate sophistication.

Oui

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    i still have nothing to wear for fancy dinner and i feel like a slob
    shopping for fancy clothes is the worst

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
    oh man guys I am PUMPED

Is there anyone who is still in flux about tickets to the actual show? If so, please PM!

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Is there anyone who is still in flux about tickets to the actual show? If so, please PM!

@organichu

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    I am pleased to report that everyone (EXCEPT ONE PERSON) has paid up. Man, ahead of deadline and everything. You guys are on it :+1:

Some additional business: who will be in Boston Thursday night? We will be and just tryna get a sense

And: anyone want to go for a short run on the Emerald Necklace Friday morning? Thinking a 5k, probably. Every year we mean to do it and every year it's either balls achingly cold or we did too much drinky drinky at fancy dinner the night before so we bailed. This year tho *shakes fist* baw gahd

No.

No.

Well I knew you wouldn't

No.

Well I knew you wouldn't

Knowing you lot this "5K" will end up in New Hampshire somewhere.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am pleased to report that everyone (EXCEPT ONE PERSON) has paid up. Man, ahead of deadline and everything. You guys are on it :+1:

Some additional business: who will be in Boston Thursday night? We will be and just tryna get a sense

And: anyone want to go for a short run on the Emerald Necklace Friday morning? Thinking a 5k, probably. Every year we mean to do it and every year it's either balls achingly cold or we did too much drinky drinky at fancy dinner the night before so we bailed. This year tho *shakes fist* baw gahd

Friday looks like ball aching cold btw. I mean I don't run with my blown out knees but just a warning.

Current forecast put Friday's high at 40 and low at 18.

I mean it isn't as cold as two years ago but again there aren't 8 foot piles of snow everywhere either.

u7stthr17eud.png

I'll be there Thursday evening!! :)

I'll be there Thursday and there is no force on this earth that could get me to run in the morning.

Hilariousness aside, we're not driving up until Friday morning and will be staying out in the burbs, otherwise we'd totally be down.

However, if anyone in NYC wants to have a drink in NYC on Thursday to celebrate not being in Boston yet, I'm down.

edited March 2017
    Edit fuck

Six on
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I will be down at the convention center Thursday evening to hit up the pre PAX board game night in the Westin

If all is going well for me I'll actually try to be in Cambridge earlier than that to check out a new arcade bar.

(Friday morning I got my own workout plans up in Salem)

Sleep on