As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    It was a hotfix that apparently removed a bunch of stuff if it wasn't on foundations. Mal and I lost a bunch of stuff as well. Joys of early access.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I can't actually place shrines right now. Not sure why.

I think I'm at the point where single player is supposed to stop. Everything take a huge amount of time to build, 200 iron reinforcements for a wheel of pain will take something like five hours. Steel also takes a very long time to cook. I guess I can play with the sliders...

• Options
    Yeah, singleplayer can easily go full god mode since the game is set with clans in mind and letting things "cook" over time.

As for the shrines, it is a known bug in singleplayer they're trying to fix.

• Options
    I tend to stack stuff up, put all my stuff in a box and leave the game running. I also cheat bark in because fuck that.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Argh, after a crash my game just loads endlessly. Is there any way to pull my character and save info out? Losing that would be a huge fucking bummer.

Edit: I fixed it because I'm great. Did some save game moopling, boobled a foofler and then validated game cache

Tube on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Is there a way to destroy shaleback nests? There's one right in the way of our base.

• Options
    Another question to go along with my one above: Is there a trick to placing animal head trophies? I crafted a Gazelle Head Trophy, and I can't place it anywhere. no walls, not on the ceiling or floor, not on the grass outside. Nowhere. It isn't letting me place that item anywhere at all.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Is there a way to destroy shaleback nests? There's one right in the way of our base.

If you can't, could you just wall it off, trap them inside ?

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    It was a hotfix that apparently removed a bunch of stuff if it wasn't on foundations. Mal and I lost a bunch of stuff as well. Joys of early access.

@LittleBoots get on and check our stuff please. I would do it myself but I've been crazy busy today.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    M-Vickers wrote: »

There aren't shalebacks in the nest. The nest is empty, and due to it's ultra close proximity to my base the eggs have stopped spawning in it. But I want it gone. Haven't figured out a way to remove it yet.

Pick and Hatchet neither one hit it at all. They just don't make contact when you swing at it. Sword makes contact but doesn't seem to do any damage to it, but the sword's own durability goes down. Don't have anything more powerful yet. I'm only level 16.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

There aren't shalebacks in the nest. The nest is empty, and due to it's ultra close proximity to my base the eggs have stopped spawning in it. But I want it gone. Haven't figured out a way to remove it yet.

Pick and Hatchet neither one hit it at all. They just don't make contact when you swing at it. Sword makes contact but doesn't seem to do any damage to it, but the sword's own durability goes down. Don't have anything more powerful yet. I'm only level 16.

Hmm - can you build over it ? Maybe just cover it up with a floor, and treat the next level up as your 'ground' floor ?

• Options
    Armor dyes coming to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHOA_vTlFLQ

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Armor dyes coming to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHOA_vTlFLQ

also dungeons and boss monsters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GACKC8-NYfQ

edit: also siege weapons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AR2b81wQ04

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    I hope they have single player dungeons! I hope they have single player stuff in general!

I'd like a fix for the shrine bug, that's really bumming me out right now.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Guy on the server I play on has been knocking out useful workshop items, the first one being better bark gathering and bark byproduct from crafting shaped wood. Check those out, they both work really well and make the game quite a bit less annoying in that way.

• Options
    Bark is the only thing that I just spawn into the game now.

Oh, also ichor because I wanted a throne and didn't want to spend six hours grinding spiders for it.

• Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    No mention of being able to modify Thrall clothing. Was hoping that would be coming soon. Really want all my Thralls to match.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Oh nice. Found a blog post with some other details about production and upcoming content.

Link: https://blog.conanexiles.com/en/look-things-come/

The Highlights:
    • The Purge - NPC raiding parties that will spawn and sweep across the map. (PVE Content!)
    • Mount Taming - will work similarly to thrall taking. Capture a mountable creature, bring it back to base, and put it in a taming pen to break its spirit and turn it into a rideable mount
    • Armor Dyes - we already discussed this one above
    • Siege Weapons - Trebuchets coming to help with PVP base raiding. Also mentioned in the article - Avatar Defenses
    • Highlands Biome - Wooded and snowy mountains. Different climate than the desert of the current map
    • Temperature System - a new survival element that you will need to manage in the different biomes (hot or cold weather gear)
    • New Religions and gods for the new Highlands area, and new crafting items to go along with this area too
    • Sorcery System - allows players to weaken their physical body in exchange for necromancy and corruption powers

And some images. Spoilered for size.
    horse_saddle.jpg

camel_mount.jpg

highlands_biome2.jpg

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm not seeing crocodiles under the mount taming.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    I heard whispers of shapeshifting as a sorcery thing. I'd love that. Especially if it comes with flight.

• Options
    Looks lile they're starting to flesh this game out quite nicely. I'm glad I early adopted.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Alright folks, I'm looking for some temple construction ideas.

I'm playing this game with two friends (three of us total). We each picked a different deity, so we're going to have 3 temples in our base.

I've got Set, and I think my idea is going to build some sort of columned parthenon style temple and put my altar inside of that.

For my friend with Mitra, I want to see if I can build some sort of a pyramid shaped temple, with triangle sloped walls and stairs running up the middle, with the alter at the top. Is this possible? Do they give us the pieces to make a pyramid?

I'm a bit stumped on Yog. I honestly do not have a good idea in the slightest for how to build a good temple for it.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I'm a bit stumped on Yog. I honestly do not have a good idea in the slightest for how to build a good temple for it.

Standing stones (as rough and unfinished as the game allows) on a hill with the alter in the center.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    I need to play this more. I am glad to see the game getting so many updates so quickly though ! Owning a serving has been worth it.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    They've slowed down a fair bit. The shrine bug has been there a while.

• Options
    I was having a weird issue yesterday in which I was unable to place any non-structure items in my house.

I just built myself a private house, but the game wasn't allowing me to place wall torches on the walls, I couldn't place tables on the ground, I could not place a rug, and any other "RP items" I tried to put down would not place. I was not getting any errors. They simply wouldn't place.

Note that I had no difficulty placing those types of items in the workshop in the same play session on the same day. I have no idea why it wasn't allowing me to decorate my house. It was the weirdest thing.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Tube wrote: »
    I hope they have single player dungeons! I hope they have single player stuff in general!

I'd like a fix for the shrine bug, that's really bumming me out right now.

Having it be a compelling single player game would be the best. Like, a very good survival game. Honestly I've been treating it like if the vision for Everquest Next fucked Age of Conan and had a beautiful barbarian baby.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Patch today, including bug fix for singleplayer altar placement.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Yup, patch notes for those that want to read the whole thing.
    TL;DR (Patch Highlights)
    EXPLOIT FIX: Fixed a case where you could respawn inside rocks
    EXPLOIT FIX: Fixed the rock-jump exploit
    Fixed a server crash related to database initialization
    Server admins can now specify the amount of friendly fire (guild mates hurting guild mates)
    Female characters have stopped taking testosterone and should now sound like females
    Fixed bonfire cook thralls becoming invisible after server restart
    It is no longer possible to walk on the water in the northern rivers
    You can now place religion structures in local play
    Fixed player bodies not being lootable under water
    Shields should last longer in combat

May have to try out shields again.

Edit: Elimination's Server is updated now.

Karoz on
  • Options
    Is there not a flat thatch roof piece? I'm working on roofing right now and I'm running into problems because these sloped pieces are not adequate in all situations.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    TL;DR (Patch Highlights)
    Server admins can now specify the amount of friendly fire (guild mates hurting guild mates)
    Female characters have stopped taking testosterone and should now sound like females

Are you guys still going into my server? I have been busy with work, so haven't been on as much. The 1 month is up tomorrow and I am happy to foot the bill for another month. Though the usage graph shows that not many people are active on there. So if there's little to no activity in this next 30 days I may let it lapse. I've been logging in to update the server once a day, but @Karoz is faster at it than I am hahaha

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    TL;DR (Patch Highlights)

Are you guys still going into my server? I have been busy with work, so haven't been on as much. The 1 month is up tomorrow and I am happy to foot the bill for another month. Though the usage graph shows that not many people are active on there. So if there's little to no activity in this next 30 days I may let it lapse. I've been logging in to update the server once a day, but Karoz is faster at it than I am hahaha

I think Mal and I were kinda waiting for more content to be released so if you want to let it lapse that is fine by me. I'm sure we can get another one started down the line.

• Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    Are you guys still going into my server? I have been busy with work, so haven't been on as much. The 1 month is up tomorrow and I am happy to foot the bill for another month. Though the usage graph shows that not many people are active on there. So if there's little to no activity in this next 30 days I may let it lapse. I've been logging in to update the server once a day, but @Karoz is faster at it than I am hahaha

I am still going in just to collect named thralls, but have slowed down a little on building. Been waiting for additional content also. I wont have a problem if you shut it down though.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I can meet half-way, and just lower it to 10 slots so it costs less money.

EDIT: Changing CPU Priority to "Normal" saves me $5 USD, so i'll just do that. Since we never come close to even 50% of our current CPU it makes little difference for us. Costs were not high to begin with.

Elimination on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Thanks for running the server -- I picked up the game today and went straight there. :)

Built a tiny house on the little island in the big lake/river near where I started the game. Fairly pleased to be built right up against one of those big trees.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    New patch is out:
    TL;DR (Patch Highlights)
    NEW FEATURE: Ruins (decay) system! Cleans up old buildings over time. It is disabled by default on private servers and enabled by default on Official servers
    NEW FEATURE: Dye System! Gather pigments and make all kinds of dyes in the Firebowl Cauldron to color your armor!
    Added 8 new weapons and rebalanced all weapons so damage scales with level
    Changed feat requirements and removed dependencies, added bonus knowledge points every 10 levels
    Free feat respec when opening the feat GUI for the first time after this patch!
    You can now craft the Hyena fur armor at the armorers bench if an armorer thrall is present
    Thralls are now properly animated when working at crafting stations
    EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer build inside cliffs or mountains
    EXPLOIT FIX: Buildings will never spawn outside the curse wall
    EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer duplicate equipped armor pieces off of unconscious player bodies
    EXPLOIT FIX: Fixed a case where you could fall through the landscape and gain access to other parts of the map
    EXPLOIT FIX: Thralls that have started playing death animations can no longer be picked up and reused

Edit: Guess I should post the full notes for those who can't open the link :redface:
    Before we get to the changelog we have an announcement to make:

Announcing the Exploit Hunters!

We’re still in the early days of our Early Access adventure and there is a lot work left to be done before final release of Conan Exiles in Q1 2018. The feedback we receive from you, the community, is invaluable to us in making sure we improve gameplay, squish bugs, and solve issues ahead of that final release.

One of the most important things we can do to make sure Conan Exiles provides a fair and balanced playing field is making sure we eliminate exploits as early as possible.

To help us with that we will soon be introducing the Exploit Hunters program. Here we will be rewarding players who provide us with information about the most serious exploits. With your help, we will be better equipped to handle potential future exploits which can destabilize servers and avoid the need for server wipes after serious cheating by catching them early.

We will be providing more information and details on the Exploit Hunters program next week.

Server Wipes
    We are wiping all buildings on official non-blitz servers due to recent exploits (private servers are unaffected by this)
    We are wiping all inventories (player backpack, containers etc) due to recent exploits (private servers unaffected by this)
    We are keeping player character levels (but you get a free re-spec) due to feat changes discussed in TLDR below. Please give us feedback on these changes.
    Server admins on private servers may perform a building and inventory wipe which keeps character levels by using the ServerCleanup.bat file in the gamedb folder to clean the current game database

Changelog:

TL;DR (Patch Highlights)
    NEW FEATURE: Ruins (decay) system! Cleans up old buildings over time. It is disabled by default on private servers and enabled by default on Official servers
    NEW FEATURE: Dye System! Gather pigments and make all kinds of dyes in the Firebowl Cauldron to color your armor!
    Changed feat requirements and removed dependencies, added bonus knowledge points every 10 levels
    Free feat respec when opening the feat GUI for the first time after this patch!
    You can now craft the Hyena fur armor at the armorers bench if an armorer thrall is present
    EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer duplicate equipped armor pieces off of unconscious player bodies
    EXPLOIT FIX: Fixed a case where you could fall through the landscape and gain access to other parts of the map
    EXPLOIT FIX: Thralls that have started playing death animations can no longer be picked up and reused

Performance and Tech Fixes
    Game install now grouped into .pak archives. 1st time loading speed from main menu into game should be improved by a factor of 3x
    Game database is now backed up before upgrading the database as part of patching

Server Settings
    Added a serversetting to modify how quickly thralls get converted (thrall crafting time multiplier)
    Added a serversetting so all containers can be interacted with irrespective of ownership (containers ignore all ownership)
    Added serversetting to modify NPC health also affects Thralls (NPC damage taken multiplier)
    Added serversetting to modify the rate at which machines consume fuel (fuel burn time multiplier)
    Added serversetting PlayerDamageTakenMultiplier

Text and Localization
    Language choice should now save correctly
    Added various localized text throughout the game

General Bug Fixes and Improvements
    Fixed a case where some buildings and placeables showed incorrect amount of hitpoints when using the repair hammer on them
    Server Message of the Day now displayed when a player logs on the server
    The control tab will no longer revert to default values when clicking on other tabs
    Unconverted thralls can no longer be put in the hotbar
    Improved usability of the "exit to main menu" button
    Crafting stations with artisan thralls now correctly confer crafting speed bonuses to the 2nd item in a crafting queue
    Replaced the arrow on placeables like chairs and chests with a new visual arrow
    Keybindings now have a "clear" button
    Players no longer appear to be wearing armor after being looted while offline
    When you have a bound thrall, other NPCs no longer show up with the same name as the thrall
    Large NPCs now push the player away when rotating
    Clan members should no longer have their armor damaged if FriendlyFireDamageMultiplier is set to 0.0
    Player no longer becomes stuck if sitting in a throne before/during server restart
    Players no longer see the Crippling Poison counter when nearby Thralls are attacked by spiders
    Encumbrance now properly calculates stamina cost to perform certain actions
    Trophy heads can be placed on walls
    Bracketed Torch now has a flame when placed out

Balance and Gameplay Fixes
    Equip animation no longer overrides knockdown
    Hyena fur armor requires Bone.
    When last clan member leaves a clan, they take ownership of all clan buildings
    Clan officers can no longer kick other officers. You can only kick players below you in rank from the clan
    Harvesting cactus with bare hands now gives plant fiber and cochineal
    Free feat respec when opening the feat GUI first time after this patch!

Visual Improvements
    Players now see name tags of clan members in green text
    Cleaned up and aligned the settings GUI
    Name tags stay longer onscreen and have become easier to read

Known issues
    We are aware that some NPCs do not respawn correctly if players build too close. This will be fixed in the next patch.
    We are aware of a stamina usage exploit. The fix will be rolled out with the next patch
    Due to packaging the install files into .pak archives there is a 15-20 min wait once the client is downloaded before you can launch the game as the files unpack. This will only be the case for this patch.
    When removing buildings that have become abandoned, in rare cases it is not possible to build on the same spot. If you leave and rejoin the server it should be possible to build again.
    On local play if you use dyes on an equipped armor piece you must re-equip it before the color change becomes visible

Karoz on
  • Options
    This looks like a pretty solid patch. They fixed the trophy placement bug too. That wasn't in the TLDR version.

• Options
    Added a serversetting to modify how quickly thralls get converted (thrall crafting time multiplier)

This is a big qol fix for single player. Named thralls take literally hours

• Options
    The down side is the patch has borked our server. I can't get it to restart after the update.

• Options
    The down side is the patch has borked our server. I can't get it to restart after the update.

Out of curiosity, who are you using for your server hosing?

I'm paying for a private server also, and I haven't attempted to update mine yet. My hosting is through "Survival Servers."