As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad News... in a good way.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Middle top: "Can women justify their need for extra-marital relationships?"
    Bottom right: "Wild vacationing wives are ruining palm beach"

Actually there's just something awful on all of them.

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Also, none of those animals are naturally aggressive to humans. What exactly is this guy doing to piss them off so much?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Is it just me or does the guy baseball batting otters with an otter kinda look like Bowie?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    see317 wrote: »
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Mayabird wrote: »
    heroic35.jpg

Okay, maybe this was before China and the WWF started yelling at the world to save the pandas. Maybe Westerners weren't familiar with them, I'll give them some slack since...

coconut-crab-battle.jpg

OH COME ON!

I will confess that until just now, I didn't know those are not lobsters, they're actually pretty accurate looking Coconut Crabs. Still don't think they attack people.

Spolier for those squeamish about crustaceans. Nothing too creepy
    coconut_crab2.jpg

Heroic Comics were pretty good, but nothing touched the insane covers of Man's Life
    e4123676f5f5f25afd2cab38e8024949.jpg

Are these all supposed to be the same guy?
    Because if so, dude, just stop going outside. You're beating otters to death with another otter. And I think (I'm not sure) that you're preparing to throw a bat at another bat.

There should come a point where you just say "You know what? Mother nature's got it in for me. Maybe I should just stay home.". And I think you passed that sometime around when you were simultaneously beating rats to death with a rock while being attacked by piranhas.
    rangerron.jpg

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Banner ad on page is very NSFW.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    That's an oglaf isn't it? like 90% of the comics are incredibly NSFW.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Banner ad on page is very NSFW.

Shit, I forgot about those. I've got adblock on. My bad, guys. Shouldn't be an issue now that it's no longer linked.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    This is why we don't link oglaf even though we love it so

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I always check for stealth dicks eight times before I dare post an oglaf comic.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Bad News: Iowa State Senator proposes bill to cap the number of Democrats state universities can hire until there's parity with Republican employees.

Good News: Turns out his "college degree" was actually from a Sizzler management training course.

Oh god, the weasel words on that biography. Apparently Mr. State Senator "attended the University of California at Riverside majoring in astro-physics, geo-physics and mathematics."

Note, as the article points out "attended" here doesn't mean "graduated" or "obtained a degree."

He also 100% could not have majored in all of those things in any meaningful manner.

Like doing a Freshman semester of F's and coming out saying well I took 3 survey courses... I mean I MAJORED in 3 fields for that vague amount of time I attended...

That isn't necessarily three major. Some majors have names like that. I have a BS in physiology and neuroscience from UCSD. Wouldn't surprise me if at Riverside there was a major like that.

They actually called the university in one of the articles and the school said the dude attended while pursuing a physics degree for one year, after transferring in credit from a community college. So it's mostly super made up random stuff.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

(Carefully boops snooze button)

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    heroic35.jpg

Okay, maybe this was before China and the WWF started yelling at the world to save the pandas. Maybe Westerners weren't familiar with them, I'll give them some slack since...

coconut-crab-battle.jpg

OH COME ON!

I will confess that until just now, I didn't know those are not lobsters, they're actually pretty accurate looking Coconut Crabs. Still don't think they attack people.

coconut_crab2.jpg

Heroic Comics were pretty good, but nothing touched the insane covers of Man's Life

so does he just not know what shirts are or

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    He lost his last shirt in desperate battle against an army of fluffy white bunnies.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    heroic35.jpg

coconut-crab-battle.jpg

OH COME ON!

coconut_crab2.jpg

He has a damaged shirt in the first magazine. Presumably he couldn't find another one after fighting the turtles before he had to fight all those other animals.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    heroic35.jpg

coconut-crab-battle.jpg

OH COME ON!

coconut_crab2.jpg

He has a damaged shirt in the first magazine. Presumably he couldn't find another one after fighting the turtles before he had to fight all those other animals.

But he did have enough time to ditch the blonde and find some brunettes.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    heroic35.jpg

coconut-crab-battle.jpg

OH COME ON!

coconut_crab2.jpg

All of whom are apparently sharing the same shirt.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    heroic35.jpg

coconut-crab-battle.jpg

OH COME ON!

coconut_crab2.jpg

All of whom are apparently sharing the same shirt.

but not the same pants

also how many cities are being ruined by love starved women? was there a plague back in the 50's I never knew about?

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

You've got to admire a person whose first instinct, upon finding three lions 5 cm from his face, is getting his phone out to film and tweet about it.

This is truly a man who has his priorities straight.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    heroic35.jpg

coconut-crab-battle.jpg

OH COME ON!

coconut_crab2.jpg

Because if so, dude, just stop going outside. You're beating otters to death with another otter. And I think (I'm not sure) that you're preparing to throw a bat at another bat.

There should come a point where you just say "You know what? Mother nature's got it in for me. Maybe I should just stay home.". And I think you passed that sometime around when you were simultaneously beating rats to death with a rock while being attacked by piranhas.

They even dedicated a statue to the poor bastard's harrowing daily life.
    article-2057902-0EABB53D00000578-403_634x778.jpg

Edit: spoilered at request for unmodest statue

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

You've got to admire a person whose first instinct, upon finding three lions 5 cm from his face, is getting his phone out to film and tweet about it.

This is truly a man who has his priorities straight.

Well probably not a horrible priority to stay calm and try not to do to much sudden activity. Lions were thirsty but startling them when they were licking could have turned a funny situation really dangerous.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    heroic35.jpg

coconut-crab-battle.jpg

OH COME ON!

coconut_crab2.jpg

*snip*
    Might want to spoiler that and mark it NSFW.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFoU-eqZFjk

Always let the @Gator play through, especially when he's got lunch.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

This bear is fully aware that he is on camera.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    So, the Switch cartridges are...pretty tiny. And thus a swallowing hazard. Nintendo's solution? Put a rather powerful bitterant into the plastic, so the carts taste foul.

Of course, when game journalists hear this, what's the first thing they do?

Exactly.

I'll admit i tried licking Breath of the Wild, first thing after i took it out of the box, because of how the story was making the rounds.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    So, the Switch cartridges are...pretty tiny. And thus a swallowing hazard. Nintendo's solution? Put a rather powerful bitterant into the plastic, so the carts taste foul.

Exactly.

I'll admit i tried licking Breath of the Wild, first thing after i took it out of the box, because of how the story was making the rounds.

And? How was it?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    heroic35.jpg

coconut-crab-battle.jpg

OH COME ON!

coconut_crab2.jpg

I THINK this is from the Vigeland sculpture park in Oslo, which is fucking incredible. I should have a bunch of pictures from there, too.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    heroic35.jpg

coconut-crab-battle.jpg

OH COME ON!

coconut_crab2.jpg

I THINK this is from the Vigeland sculpture park in Oslo, which is fucking incredible. I should have a bunch of pictures from there, too.

It is.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Do you guys not know how to trim quotes before replying? The same post has been quoted ten times on this page alone.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Do you guys not know how to trim quotes before replying? The same post has been quoted ten times on this page alone.

You are just asking for someone to make a quote tree of your post.

But on the topic of those Man's Life magazine covers, the title could easily be "The Woes of Being Level 1"

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

It wouldn't be a big deal except it turns mobile forum reading into a total fuckfest.

Also, that guy should probably stop hanging out in rivers/lakes/ponds, as 5/6 of those covers show him having a bad time in them.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

It wouldn't be a big deal except it turns mobile forum reading into a total fuckfest.

Also, that guy should probably stop hanging out in rivers/lakes/ponds, as 5/6 of those covers show him having a bad time in them.

It's entirely possible he's in a river in the bat picture too, but we can't tell due to the angle.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    If you're constantly being attacked by small animals with tiny claws and can't bring yourself to at least put on a damn shirt, you deserve what you get.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    furlion wrote: »
    Mr Khan wrote: »

Exactly.

And? How was it?

It tastes like burnt rubber smells. And it lingers on your tongue for an impressive amount of time. I was still tasting it a couple hours later.

Don't do it.
    Do it...

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

No, it doesn't.

Auto-collapsing quotes: learn it, live it, love it.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    No, it doesn't.

Editing quote tree preferences is only available on the desktop site, not the mobile one.

Try it sometime and you'll see what I mean.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    No, it doesn't.

Editing quote tree preferences is only available on the desktop site, not the mobile one.

The mobile site autocollapses fine for me

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    No, it doesn't.

Sounds like a bug, you should probably report it.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    No, it doesn't.

The mobile site autocollapses fine for me

Works for me most of the time, but collapsing quotes is one of the last things it does, so on a slow connection sometimes it just doesn't.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Huh, I wasn't aware mobile collapsing existed.

This discussion has been closed.