As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Inheritor

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Inheritor

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• ZenigataZenigata Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I can't say I'm surprised that Nintendo still hasn't figured out how to produce enough product, just disappointed. It's probably intentional now to build hype, but it's still a crappy practice.

I'm reminded of the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL, I was able to get one from Gamestop on the initial pre-order. They were selling all day for $400+ at the time mine came in the mail. I was tempted by the dark side, but I ended up keeping mine. Lots of proud scumbag scalpers who got some of them though. Gotta love those guys who have a picture of 4-5 of them stacked with the price over MSRP.

Zenigata on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I just bet there was a bunch of back-alley console flipping going on even before Nintendo was making games.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Gotta move those PONGs, man.

• bartmaniambartmaniam Registered User regular
    I love that guy's face in the 2nd panel.

• rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    When retail finally dies the manufacturers can go about this in a sane matter and just auction off the first run of whatever. Maybe even getting a PR boost by donating the excess revenue to charity.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Huh. How long has it been since Gabe and Tycho wore hats? They look super weird with no hair like that :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • donavannjdonavannj Registered User regular
    Zenigata wrote: »
    I can't say I'm surprised that Nintendo still hasn't figured out how to produce enough product, just disappointed. It's probably intentional now to build hype, but it's still a crappy practice.

It's a deliberate tactic to make the systems seem more popular than they are. It's a calculated choice on their part.

steam_sig.png
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    Ah the age old traditions

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    donavannj wrote: »

It's a deliberate tactic to make the systems seem more popular than they are. It's a calculated choice on their part.

Or it could be that Nintendo is super conservative and doesn't want to end up with a bunch of unsold units.

steam_sig.png
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    it's because they made a deal with the ancient demon Krulkju to furnish him with the tears of fanboys in exchange for worldly pleasures. and he requires a lot of tears. endless oceans of sweet, sweet fanboy tears.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I cancelled my preorder when I realized I wanted to wait a few months.

Then I realized I was an idiot, and should have just flipped it on ebay for an extra $200. :(

What is this I don't even.
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular

Or it could be that Nintendo is super conservative and doesn't want to end up with a bunch of unsold units.

I think its really this and also them not wanting to produce a lot of units at the point in which they are at their most expensive to manufacture.

NNID: Rehab0
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I cancelled my preorder when I realized I wanted to wait a few months.

Then I realized I was an idiot, and should have just flipped it on ebay for an extra $200. :(

Alternatively, you enabled someone who really wanted the console this early to be able to buy it for an affordable price. That was nice of you!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    I just ordered mine online like a pro.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately it's become tradition to scalp Nintendo products. I had hoped Nintendo would realize this is a problem and produce more. They're not going to over produce, people will buy.
    On a similar note, I wanted to buy Breath of the Wild for WiiU and noticed that it's currently being scalped on Amazon. Don't really want to buy digital either. Nintendo's online ecosystem leaves much to be desired.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    When retail finally dies the manufacturers can go about this in a sane matter and just auction off the first run of whatever. Maybe even getting a PR boost by donating the excess revenue to charity.

I'm a little bit surprised nobody's done this already

like hey we got a new console and we're releasing 1000 of them two weeks early! On ebay though

open up them wallets, suckers

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • donavannjdonavannj Registered User regular

It could be both, since unsold units certainly makes a system seem less popular than it is.

steam_sig.png
  • SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    ...excess revenue...
    What?

I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Got my switch Friday and I enjoy it alot. I don't go to the Midnight releases. I get up at 5 am during the week for work. I rather sleep and actually be able to function during work.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Zelda is making it hard to wait to get a Switch. Fortunately you can't find em anywhere, so I'm safe... I mean, there was one from an Amazon 3rd party seller for $400, that my cursor may have hovered over "add to cart" for an uncomfortably long amount of time but I resisted the foolish temptation.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    I wont be buying this system since I barely touched the wiiu. Now if and when it gets a pokemon title then they will have my money.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    And damn scalpers ruining things for everyone.