As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

After Parties?

• Options
    GameOverBostonGameOverBoston Registered User regular
    @GameOverBoston silly question is it $20 per day or does the one ticket get you in the entire weekend?

it is per individual event, yes

• Options
    benbrownbentleybenbrownbentley Registered User new member
    Monstercat just posted a Monstercat AFK pre-party on March 9th at Royale.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/691973054340316/
    9pm @ Royale Nightclub, 279 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02116
    Tickets: Starting at $20

fu7ps0ouqnjc.jpg

• Options
    Tas_GamerTas_Gamer Registered User new member
    This is my first PAX! Couldn't be more excited!! The Acer party looks good, but you have to register? What else is going on at Royale?

Don't want to wait in hope and not get tickets :(

• Options
    Sudds27Sudds27 Registered User regular
    Sorry! I've been swapped with work and trying to raise two kids!!!! Friday night at Royale is completely rented out by Acer... so it should be amazing. My brother isn't working that night (which sucks) however... I'll still get the hook up. Send me a message if you want to roll with. Ask Radcrush... he'll tell you that I get shit done!!!! Maybe not so many free drinks this year but that's ok... I'll still hook it up as much as I can. Definitely no waiting inline. I'm too old for that!!!! Send me a message and I'll see what I can do for as many people as possible. Saturday night... I say we roll to a local bar and take it over!!!!!

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    @GameOverBoston silly question is it $20 per day or does the one ticket get you in the entire weekend?

I'm having trouble are the tickets just sold out?

Edit: nevermind I'm dumb, just missed the find ticket portion on the Mobile UI

Sleep on
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »

I'm having trouble are the tickets just sold out?

Edit: nevermind I'm dumb, just missed the find ticket portion on the Mobile UI

alright, let me know if you have any further issues.

• Options
    I still have zero plans for Saturday night… Craiola, Kuma, Casstronaut…. Please keep me posted on your plans. I just want to make the most of the weekend and hang out with my fellow gamers. I can definitely hook people up with getting into Royale (Acer party) on Friday night (I can probably get 10 to 12 people into the club for sure). Also… I will do my walk up and down that long ass line looking to pull people out of the line and into the club!!! So if you see a short ass white dude walking by while you are waiting just call me out. Good luck!

• Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Sudds27 wrote: »
    I still have zero plans for Saturday night… Craiola, Kuma, Casstronaut…. Please keep me posted on your plans. I just want to make the most of the weekend and hang out with my fellow gamers. I can definitely hook people up with getting into Royale (Acer party) on Friday night (I can probably get 10 to 12 people into the club for sure). Also… I will do my walk up and down that long ass line looking to pull people out of the line and into the club!!! So if you see a short ass white dude walking by while you are waiting just call me out. Good luck!

I'll be at harmonix on Friday but I've got a group of 20 or so and totally down to take over a bar somewhere Saturday night!!!

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

On Saturday Does the ticket to the after party at 9 cover both the show and the after party or just the party?

• Options
    Word!!! Whiskey Priest near the venue is decent. The locals all roll in around 10:00pm... but at least it's within walking distance. I'll send you my info. The Harmonix party should be amazing. I just got an invite today but I turned it down. I can't pass up the hook up at Royale!

• Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular

Oh, man, have a TON of fun! I tried to make it Friday night, but just couldn't make it work! ARGH!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    Word!!! Whiskey Priest near the venue is decent. The locals all roll in around 10:00pm... but at least it's within walking distance. I'll send you my info. The Harmonix party should be amazing. I just got an invite today but I turned it down. I can't pass up the hook up at Royale!

Whiskey Priest sounds perfect to be honest. We should get a group together. It won't be official but just to have PAX people together for drinks would be good :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    DemetirusDemetirus New Brunswick, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    First time going to PAX and I'm kinda wondering which parties I should be looking at if I just want to relax quietly and talk with folks while having a few drinks? Would I be better off to just find a pub to hole up in or...? I do like the sound of a pub named Whiskey Priest...

Demetirus on
  • Options
    djlybsdjlybs Slayer of the Datas Boston MetroRegistered User regular
    Demetirus wrote: »
    First time going to PAX and I'm kinda wondering which parties I should be looking at if I just want to relax quietly and talk with folks while having a few drinks? Would I be better off to just find a pub to hole up in or...? I do like the sound of a pub named Whiskey Priest...

No to whiskey priest... it is a deceiving name and will not be a quite place and it's not all that friendly... try Jacob Wirth or better yet M.J. O'connors

MvyuK6O.png
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular

I second the Priest. Great place, good drinks/food. We could totally do a meetup of sorts.

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »

On Saturday Does the ticket to the after party at 9 cover both the show and the after party or just the party?

each event is a separate ticket, so show against humanity is one and the after party is another.

• Options
    benbrownbentleybenbrownbentley Registered User new member
    Sold out of early birds for the Monstercat preparty now but we have a discount code for badge holders if you want to party on the Thursday with us!

C6LRB-xU0AAWIKG.jpg:large

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    djlybs wrote: »

No to whiskey priest... it is a deceiving name and will not be a quite place and it's not all that friendly... try Jacob Wirth or better yet M.J. O'connors

Yeah, my friends and I went there last year and we were..less than impressed. Whisky selection was okay (But overpriced), beer selection was okay, but the service was wretched

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    Krissta wrote: »

Oh, man, have a TON of fun! I tried to make it Friday night, but just couldn't make it work! ARGH!

If things change then hit me up!

• Options

Yeah, my friends and I went there last year and we were..less than impressed. Whisky selection was okay (But overpriced), beer selection was okay, but the service was wretched

Yeah, it can be a bit tough and once the locals show up it does become super packed. MJ's is good for sure. I was just throwing stuff out there seeing that it doesn't seem like there's a good Saturday night option.

• Options
    Kuma wrote: »

I second the Priest. Great place, good drinks/food. We could totally do a meetup of sorts.

Would probably be a good idea to meetup around 9pm? That way we're not fighting to find space before the pace gets too packed.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular

Yeah, it can be a bit tough and once the locals show up it does become super packed. MJ's is good for sure. I was just throwing stuff out there seeing that it doesn't seem like there's a good Saturday night option.

That's the thing- it wasn't exactly packed when we were there. If it was jammed, sure cool...service is going to be slow, I get that and don't hold it against you. But it was quiet and the service was slow, uncooperative and SURLY

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    meep! Makes me second guess things. Either way I'm floating it by on my group. Our previous solution was to hang out in our hotel rooms, play some Cards Against Humanity, Smash Bros, and Zelda on the Switch and just hang out with some drinks

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    craiola wrote: »
    meep! Makes me second guess things. Either way I'm floating it by on my group. Our previous solution was to hang out in our hotel rooms, play some Cards Against Humanity, Smash Bros, and Zelda on the Switch and just hang out with some drinks

That sounds amazing as well... I'm sure that we'll figure something out. If people have better recommendations for a meet up spot please... post it.

• Options
    agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    There's supposed to be a new craft beer bar/sports pub right down the street from the BCEC called City Tap House. Can't say I've been, but I'm guessing it will be a much more relaxed clientele than Whiskey Priest.

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • Options
    CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    There's supposed to be a new craft beer bar/sports pub right down the street from the BCEC called City Tap House. Can't say I've been, but I'm guessing it will be a much more relaxed clientele than Whiskey Priest.

I haven't been to the one in Boston, but the one in Philadelphia is great. Very good selection of beers and decent food!

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • Options
    EvoluteEvolute Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Due to the perils of adulthood, I'm no longer able to attend the Harmonix 10th Anniversary party. I have 2 tickets for this event. PM me and we can talk. Figures the one year I actually get in...
    ***Update*** tickets are gone. Have a good time with Harmonix!

Evolute on
  • Options

I just googled that joint and it does look pretty sweet... super close to the BCEC as well. The menu screams "downtown Boston" but that's OK by me. Basically not your standard "pub food". I think that we should just pick a place for Saturday night and roll up to that joint! If it's terrible then we go with plan B (which, at this time... we don't have one). I think that no matter where we end up it will be packed! Our best plan of action is to meet up around 9:00 and hope for the best.

• Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    Evolute wrote: »
    Due to the perils of adulthood, I'm no longer able to attend the Harmonix 10th Anniversary party. I have 2 tickets for this event. PM me and we can talk. Figures the one year I actually get in...

PMed you. Very interested.

• Options
    ItaraItara Registered User regular
    A question for those of you who have been to the Harmonix party before: Is there a dress code? Do people show up in cosplay? Or is it more casual clothing?

• Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular

I just googled that joint and it does look pretty sweet... super close to the BCEC as well. The menu screams "downtown Boston" but that's OK by me. Basically not your standard "pub food". I think that we should just pick a place for Saturday night and roll up to that joint! If it's terrible then we go with plan B (which, at this time... we don't have one). I think that no matter where we end up it will be packed! Our best plan of action is to meet up around 9:00 and hope for the best.

There's always Luckys around the corner from the Priest. It's pretty laid back.

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    regavregav BostonRegistered User new member
    For anyone interested, at the Middle East downstairs in Cambridge, there's a goth party on Friday night called Xmortis, and this month's theme is "the barbarian".

They love cosplay there and it's always a fun time. https://www.facebook.com/events/1841957526052904/

• Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    Itara wrote: »
    A question for those of you who have been to the Harmonix party before: Is there a dress code? Do people show up in cosplay? Or is it more casual clothing?

Since I'll be coming from con in costume also curious. Granted it's easy to change for me but I'd love to go in costume.

• Options
    AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular

From what I gathered from last year, it's mostly a hoodies and jeans type of party. Not really fancy, given it's a hard rock café.

• Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular

Most people are in hoodies and jeans.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular

I just want to add that I live in Boston and have been to Whiskey Priest about 4 times in the last 3 years or so, and every single time it has been absolutely horrendous. Overpriced drinks, some of the worst service I have ever experienced (even when it wasn't busy) with terrible attitudes from the servers, and the food is barely adequate. In comparison, there are so many amazing Irish bars in Boston!

I can't really recall anyone being in cosplay the past 2 years, though it certainly would be welcome there! I cosplayed a Dance Central character to their party at Laugh Boston a few years ago and they LOVED it, they introduced me to the dude that created the character I was dressed as, and we BOTH had a fangirl moment. It was amazing.

No dress code from my experience, but that's a good question to ask. I had friends that weren't allowed into an event they had purchased tickets for (non PAX related) at one of the clubs in Boston because they had sneakers on, and the ticket they purchased didn't say anything about a dress code. It seems like when most clubs host a party for PAX they forgo the usual dress codes, but it's good to double check.

• Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    smorggie wrote: »

I just want to add that I live in Boston and have been to Whiskey Priest about 4 times in the last 3 years or so, and every single time it has been absolutely horrendous. Overpriced drinks, some of the worst service I have ever experienced (even when it wasn't busy) with terrible attitudes from the servers, and the food is barely adequate. In comparison, there are so many amazing Irish bars in Boston!

My experience with them has basically been the same. Definitely way better options.

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Looks like I missed a whole bunch. I'm still trying to figure out what I'll be doing for drinks and fun Saturday night as well but I'll be hanging with Sudds and others at the Royale Friday night. The Royale is usually a good time, and hanging out with PAX pals is always a way to make it even better. Hope to see you all there! Will be in touch with others here and let everyone know what I end up doing for Saturday night. Or if there's a big group going somewhere specific I'll probably join that crowd lol

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    Yea i missed out on the harmonix party again for a 2nd year in a row. The only after party i might go to is the Rooster Teeth After Party. Im 50/50 on the acer one. And Sunday is the relax after the con party :).

xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • Options
    miker525 wrote: »
    Looks like I missed a whole bunch. I'm still trying to figure out what I'll be doing for drinks and fun Saturday night as well but I'll be hanging with Sudds and others at the Royale Friday night. The Royale is usually a good time, and hanging out with PAX pals is always a way to make it even better. Hope to see you all there! Will be in touch with others here and let everyone know what I end up doing for Saturday night. Or if there's a big group going somewhere specific I'll probably join that crowd lol

Yeah buddy! Saturday night plan... City Tap House 9:00pm... you heard it here first! Spread the word. If things change or people have a better plan then we'll post it here. I have ZERO plans for Saturday night and that's not good... so we might as well make our own plans!