As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Ffffffff there's full-bleed ID's in the event kit too for all four.

Want 'em, need 'em, etc.

EDIT: Oh, okay, everyone who shows up gets them. I definitely like the idea of a more... casual? event. Should be a nice change of pace where people don't have to bring all the toxic garbage decks just to get prizes.

It sounds like you only get the IDs for sure. You have to complete your checklist if you want the other cards. So corps pack in your brain damage and runners bring your trashin cards.

Also since the date for preorder is March 30, sounds like we aren't getting this until early April at the earliest, boooo!

Lorek on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't out until late April or May, since they would still have to ship out the kits. (Since it seems to supposed to be celebrating the release, and so you're supposed to be picking up TD the day of the event.)

As long as I can Scorpio for Regionals, I'm good.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    So eli 2.0 has super rad art. I love young adult bishounen eli, haha

stats wise it seems... okay-ish? Clearly it isn't as ridiculously statted as eli 1.0. I sort of wish it was 5 strength, though.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    2 extra credits for one sub that may get you some card draw, and a change so that they can't break one sub with a single click. It doesn't seem 2 credits better, tbh.

Yeah it's kinda weird to judge how good it should be because it's compared to eli 1.0 which was sorta undercosted to begin with. But frankly even if eli 1.0 was 4c this doesn't feel like it's worth the 5c rez cost.

The other problem with eli as a 2.0 is that the best 2.0 bioroids have three subs you don't really want to get hit by, but usually one of them is a trace or a choice. Here it's just 2 etr and the draw sub. They can click through the etr and you just get a card (is that worth it???) or they can just bounce off harmlessly.

• EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    I suppose it being a 2.0 makes it a bit harder to value Knifed.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Eli 2.0 is the Windows Vista of HB ice upgrades.

No thanks, guys, I'll stick with what I've got.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Eli 2.0 is a powering down of ice at a point when ice is at an all time low.

On the other hand, it might be pretty interesting in the context of Terminal Directive: Seidr is very interested in things that cost the runner clicks and provide clickless card-draw, clicking through the ETRs on an Eli 2.0 gives Seidr a free archived memories. Which is nice.

Yeah I imagine the interaction with Seidr was clearly in mind when they designed Eli 2.0

Problem is that they just didn't really print him with the right stats

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    2 extra credits for one sub that may get you some card draw, and a change so that they can't break one sub with a single click. It doesn't seem 2 credits better, tbh.

I imagine it happens sometimes, but I do not think I have ever seen someone click through exactly one of the subs on Eli 1.0.

I like Eli 2.0 because it's a better combo with my pet ice (Chum), but I am skeptical whether it's actually good.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think it's good in architects of tomorrow, otherwise it probably doesn't leave the binder

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Fry wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »

I imagine it happens sometimes, but I do not think I have ever seen someone click through exactly one of the subs on Eli 1.0.

I like Eli 2.0 because it's a better combo with my pet ice (Chum), but I am skeptical whether it's actually good.

no E3 in your meta?

I don't really see much in the way of situations where 2.0 would see play. though the draw sub would probably fire pretty regularly.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    Can't decide between Frantic Whizz and Apocalypse Kate for a GNK tomorrow. I've already got the prizes I want so I don't care about winning games.

I took the Whizz deck to a GNK this weekend, but all three games were against some flavour of Jinteki net damage so I didn't even get to play the signature card. The Kate deck is clearly the worse of the two, but living the Apocalypse dream is almost worth it...

In case anyone didn't see it, Boggs sat down with the Bad Publicity crew for a couple of hours and talked shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iIW7RSMmBM

persona4celestia.jpg
    I really dig how the full-bleed GFI looks. And hooray at the inclusion of Commercial Bankers Groups, although it's going to be annoying to only get two.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Man we really need a desperado deck to win Worlds. Between the two different world sets you now patch most of the 2x and 1x from owning a single core set.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    If you have a question you'd like thrown at Boggs, drop me a PM, I may have opportunity very shortly to ask him some questions.

edited March 2017
    Got a jank tournament coming up. Time for Brahman/Panchatantra Apocalypse Kate and Horizontal Jemison to shine!

Epimer on
    Cerberus wrote: »
    If you have a question you'd like thrown at Boggs, drop me a PM, I may have opportunity very shortly to ask him some questions.

Pump that man for SCOOPS.

And man, I can't think of anything question-wise. Maybe something about getting errata'd cards with the correct text on cardboard? Or the preview cycle? Although it's been better lately due to TD, if they can do something about how it sometimes feels like there's just a large period of time with no news between releases...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I'm curious how big the dev team is, how closely he works with other developers (like, how do his responsibilities as head designer differ from the other designers), and what kind of general feedback plan does he think would be appropriate - responding to player's concerns while not trying to simply appease everyone.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    The most honest question I'd like to ask him is one he likely can't answer. Basically, I'd just like to know what he thinks has been the most unfair card printed so far (not including effects of the MWL) and why that is? It's not like the game hasn't had a few offenders, but I'd just really like to see where he would settle on it when forced to choose.
    Secondarily, I'd be really curious what he thinks about rotation as a whole, and the existing window for it.

• EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I haven't listened to his previous pod cast interviews. But maybe a question like:

When we look at Jackson Howard numerous players consider it to be one of the best 'spike' cards currently since it offers numerous play lines for both the corporation and runner. When you are designing cards can you explain your process on how you design cards that offer this kind of interactivity and play lines?

Station One is "Shipping Now" and has a US release date of the 23'rd.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Do we have a date for Terminal Directive yet?

edited March 2017
    If I were to guess, late April or early May, due to the sign-ups for stores for the TD launch event kit going until the end of the month.

As long as I can Skorpios for Regionals.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who sent me questions for Boggs. Just recorded some great episodes with him.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    "techno-botanist" is an incredibly Shaperesque hobby

also that console looks dece, although I feel like Astrolabe is probably a better choice for as long as asset spam is a thing

station one scoops:

http://imgur.com/a/C3aOF

edited March 2017
    Bunch of stuff in there I really dig.

Customized Secretary seems handy, since it could act as a bit of filtering for your deck as well. Holding extra copies of programs you don't need right this minute instead of clogging up your hand.
    Sacrifice looks good as another way to fire the Jemison ability from hand. And hey, it's a way to get rid of the bad pub that a Hostile Takeover gives and make even MORE money doing so... or to get rid of the bad pub that a certain Anarch runner starts you with. I *really* hope we see a agenda that's worth more points when it's forfeited.
    Clyde is going to do some work for me in Skorpios. Lose a credit or lose a card (possibly permanently?), heck yeah. Wish it wasn't unique.
    Probably going to try doing some jank involving MCA and Zealous Judge. :D Also gives a nice middle finger to Aaron.
    Watchtower is probably going to be a auto-include in any deck I run Snare in. Watchtower on HQ. Put a card in HQ when it fires. Smile and dare them to access, motherfuckers.

EDIT: Sounds like we might be getting TD spoilers pretty soon, too, since apparently stores got a goody box with a bunch of free stuff in them. One of those things being TD.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Replanting seems fun. 1 credit double that basically reads do stupid Jintkei stuff. I kinda hope it works.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    Oh hey, there's a new episode of the Winning Agenda podcast with a couple of guests. Boggs definitely is doing the rounds lately, although the other guy is a bit of a unknown. Can't say I've ever heard of this "Dave Hoyland" fellow.

persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh hey, there's a new episode of the Winning Agenda podcast with a couple of guests. Boggs definitely is doing the rounds lately, although the other guy is a bit of a unknown. Can't say I've ever heard of this "Dave Hoyland" fellow.

Guys a chump! I just came here to post that link though. Let me know what you think?

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Why is Build Script a neutral that costs influence? Seems like that means noone is ever going to play it. I'd think it should be a factioned card like Easy Mark/Diesel. I guess if it were a no-influence neutral, it might be played in an awful lot of decks, since it's almost Diesel, and Diesel is pretty great. The neutral runners would certainly appreciate having a little bit of card draw that doesn't cost them influence.

Bloom is the kind of card I love to play, but it probably isn't that strong. Fun design.

MCA Informant is a pretty cool design, good use of Terminal to avoid shenanigans.

Why do I have a immense feeling of dread that someone's going to use System Seizure as a huge tool to make a Baba Yaga deck?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Why is Build Script a neutral that costs influence? Seems like that means noone is ever going to play it. I'd think it should be a factioned card like Easy Mark/Diesel. I guess if it were a no-influence neutral, it might be played in an awful lot of decks, since it's almost Diesel, and Diesel is pretty great. The neutral runners would certainly appreciate having a little bit of card draw that doesn't cost them influence.

Bloom is the kind of card I love to play, but it probably isn't that strong. Fun design.

MCA Informant is a pretty cool design, good use of Terminal to avoid shenanigans.

Yeah, Build Script is basically a less-versatile version of Deuces Wild, that doesn't give you a fringe benefit if you happened to include PPVP. Really don't know why they bothered even printing it.

there was a bit of drama about Build Script between Dan and Damon on one of the facebook groups, actually. :|

So any thoughts on the whole MCA/Corp Troubleshooter thing?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    there was a bit of drama about Build Script between Dan and Damon on one of the facebook groups, actually. :|

Can you elaborate at all? I hadn't even noticed the card cost influence when I first saw it and I didn't think much of it then. Wondering what the possible thoughts might have been.