As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...Also AP Bio, The Mick, and Mythic Quest

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    rewatched the episode

I like the subtle allusion to the fact that maaaaybe cricket is getting his life together, even though he's still smoking PCP, which I'm sure the gang will ruin

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    rewatched the episode

I like the subtle allusion to the fact that maaaaybe cricket is getting his life together, even though he's still smoking PCP, which I'm sure the gang will ruin

Like I said a while ago, the only reason the writers will ever let Cricket get any better is to make it all that much worse when the gang breaks him worse than he's ever been before.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    This past episode seemed full of character development. Mac is telling people he's gay, Dennis admits he has feelings but hides them to protect them, and Dee and Charlie might still be an item.

R.I.P. Jerry.

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    When were Dee and Charlie an item? Charlie only ever loves the Waitress.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »

I think they had sex once, I can't remember which episode. Plus that one where they were virtually married.

• NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »

I think they had sex once, I can't remember which episode. Plus that one where they were virtually married.

It's the episode where the gang all kind of go their own way for an entire episode and Frank ruins that other bar by giving kids fake IDs and then calling the health inspector. They just hang out and decide to do Def Jam poetry and end up hooking up. I was kind of surprised to see the call back.

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    rewatched the episode

You must have really liked tonights episode.
    I like how they set you up for this. Like the end of this is part in the Valentines day, and obviously the middle part was last weeks so. I wonder if we have any more simultaneous stories coming.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    That Aladdin intro was great.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm the suckboy you're looking for

I also love the stupid catchphrasey things they're doing this year, from Dee being on TV, stuff it down with some brown, you gotta pay to spray etc

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    DanHibiki wrote: »

Also beauty and the beast.

I wonder what other Disney movies were in there

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Also it was legit sad when
    Cricket emphatically called the gang his friends

But then kinda sweet when
    The gang is totally enthused to have Cricket be himself ... even though it was smoking PCP in the bathroom

9pr1GIh.jpg?1

Oh shit... There was Lady and the Tramp... Man I gotta re watch that episode now.

Oh shit... There was Lady and the Tramp... Man I gotta re watch that episode now.

Oh yeah I forgot that was Disney but yeah that was another one

I feel like the Brother has to be something since he was so over the top

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    oh man I just realized that in the lady and the tramp scene

cricket is literally recreating the scene with a dog

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I read news earlier that howerton could be leaving after this season, and with the ending it seems like it is possible but also like it might just be them fucking with us. I can't imagine they actually plan to have Dennis' story end by him becoming an actual person, just doesn't seem like Sunny. but then, if they have to write him off it's out of their hands.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    I think the only way to write off any of the gang is suicide.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    I don't even know what to think about this episode.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    I don't even know what to think about this episode.

Dennis just left to be a pretend airline pilot to raise a child with a lady from North Dakota. They've done more with less before.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Also i think this was one of Dee's best episodes.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    This may be the worst thing that show has ever done to the waitress, that's just painful.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I think my favourite Always Sunny gag is when they mangle a phrase. "Lets have a catch" and "Why have you not made this man his egg?"

Oh brilliant
    I would totally be fine with that ending either Dennis run or the show itself

I love that they blew up his car

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I would totally be fine with that ending either Dennis run or the show itself

I love that they blew up his car

They used thing he wanted most to blow up one of his beloved possessions after he bounced on them, and just enjoyed the fireworks. There wasn't even a "fuck that guy" anywhere in there; they were just living in the moment.

It was quintessential sunny.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    The latest season just hit UK Netflix, so I binged it over two nights.

There were some pretty good moments this season - not necessarily their best, but I always enjoy when shows mess with their format so the musical episode and To Make a Murderer were fun.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    The latest season just hit UK Netflix, so I binged it over two nights.

There were some pretty good moments this season - not necessarily their best, but I always enjoy when shows mess with their format so the musical episode and To Make a Murderer were fun.

I thought the lotto ticket episode was a classic.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Definitely - the smash cuts between litigators and the timing of the dildo were brilliant.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    Dildo-timing is such an underrated directorial skill

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    While a delay sucks, I'm really stoked to see all these folks finally getting their breaks.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Beyond that, Danny DeVito is shooting a pilot for a comedy series for Amazon with Jeff Goldblum. It seems like everyone is preparing for Sunny's demise or postponement.

Guys it's NBC. That show will be cancelled after 3 episodes.

• Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I didn't think The Mick had a chance in hell in continuing past its initial order, yet here we are with a S2 to come.

Captain Tragedy on
    The Mick is on FOX though. NBC hasn't had a hit comedy since 2004.

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    The Mick is on FOX though. NBC hasn't had a hit comedy since 2004.

0Xgzx1b.gif

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I love Parks and Rec, but there's a reason that show has like 3 (maybe 4?) series finales. It was never the mass hit NBC wanted it to be.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Someone talk to me about the season finale that just aired.

My mind is literally blown right now.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I’ll have to watch it later, but this season has been gold.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I watched all year but I haven't seen the finale yet. still couldn't avoid clicking the thread.

will be ready to talk about it tomorrow hopefully.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Someone talk to me about the season finale that just aired.

My mind is literally blown right now.

I haven't seen any of this season yet, but now I might just have to bingewatch it after work.