Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

MTG at Pax East

tbone2177tbone2177 Registered User regular
I see that Cascade games is doing some fire-as-needed tournaments, anything bigger like a GPX or PPTQ? Has anyone played at the events? How are they? I'd like to bring a deck and play, but given everything that's going on, I don't want to commit to 4-5 hours of play if the prize support or experience isn't worth it.

dreamtheory

• dreamtheorydreamtheory Registered User new member
    I agree with tbone but also wanted to know if any vendors will be there? I don't remember any last year. I only have a legacy deck and need a few cards to complete my modern deck and was wondering if I would be able to buy any cards there? Any insight to other than cascade's booth would be appreciated. I know cascade only ran tourneys and didn't have singles last year. But I do remember a few years ago having a troll and toad and another singles seller there.

• UrthoUrtho Registered User new member
    I do see Gaming Ect. on the exhibitor list, they generally have a large number of singles. Not sure if anyone else is going to be there with singles. They are at 11135 on the map.

• MSUHitmanMSUHitman Checkmate Arcade Co-Host STLRegistered User regular
    Will anyone be taking the train into Boston on Thursday that would like to get some games of Standard or Commander in?

• Amp300Amp300 Registered User regular
    tbone2177 wrote: »
    I see that Cascade games is doing some fire-as-needed tournaments, anything bigger like a GPX or PPTQ? Has anyone played at the events? How are they? I'd like to bring a deck and play, but given everything that's going on, I don't want to commit to 4-5 hours of play if the prize support or experience isn't worth it.

Cascade runs a lot of the west coast events and typically has good prize support, however, as it is a ticket based system, you have to go 4-0 or play multiple events over the weekend to get "the good stuff". Constructed has always been competitive at PAX. Sealed is a mixed bag. At PAX South 2015 I signed up for two "fire-as-needed" booster drafts; one was all experienced players, the other had six people that learned to play Magic the day before at a demo. Per the scheduled, each event is four rounds with points awarded based on the number of wins, so I'd expect anything not labeled as "fast format" to take 4-5 hours.

y8wmnaI.png