As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Digital Card Games] – Finally, a Morrowind sequel

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Ah, yeah. I didn't think Solforge was a big success, but it engaged me for the time it did because it was neat.

So far Eternal isn't getting me because... rather than having the pros of magic and the pros of Hearthstone, it feels more like it has the cons of both. It has the scaled down-ness of Hearthstone, but not the perfect streamlining quickness and "fun." One of the things that makes Hearthstone work is the Legendaries, fancy cards with fun interplay elements that sort of "break the rules."

It may still just be the early Eternal stuff and not having a tuned enough set/deck, but a lot of the gameplay feels to me like Magic-lite in the low carb, low flavor sense.

I need to try some asynch draft. That might improve things.

What is this I don't even.
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Hmm. I guess I don't see most of the scaled-downness, at least relative to Magic Standard. It hasn't lost much in the core mechanics while adding weapons and the digital-only mechanics like permanent card buffs and status changes. Not to mention a much better mulligan system. I also like threshold a lot better than the Magic system.

admanb on
    Ultimately Magic doesn't even enter into it for me because it has effectively no digital presence. I play paper Magic in a variety of forms and that's enough for me.

So the choice ultimately comes down to Hex vs Eternal and every time I've hit Hex I've been bounced by the systems around the game (and the mediocre client). Plus, Hex is made by a company I don't like whereas Eternal is made by a bunch of people I do.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i would generally say that most people would say the most rampant deck in eternal's meta is variants on B/R aggro, with armory coming in second

liEt3nH.png
    https://www.eternalcardgame.com/forum/discussion/32475/patch-1-18-patch-notes

Highlights:
    Champion of Chaos now keeps 3 toughness, making her vulnerable to torch at all buff levels
    Frontier Jito now costs 2
    Crownwatch Paladin 2/1
    Steward of the Past SS
    Soulfire Drake FFF
    Umbren Reaper SSS
    Withering Witch a 1/1

liEt3nH.png
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Those changes are all top-notch things that I support.

I was gonna be excited about the lack of armory nerfs, but based on this morning's results they've nerfed my draws into the fucking ground.

while armoury didn't eat any direct nerfs i think there's a decent number of decks that have strong game against armoury that folded to Jito or Stonescar Burn, and softening those decks can allow those anti-armoury decks to flourish

liEt3nH.png

Day9 is playing some Shardbound on stream, the next tile-based DCG on kickstarter.

liEt3nH.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Is there like a mailing list I can get on to be notified of when Duelyst goes up on iOS

I really like that game but would much rather have it on the go

6F32U1X.png
    You can apply to be a part of the iOS beta here https://news.duelyst.com/announcing-duelyst-ios-beta/

And failing that, you can keep an eye on this thread!

liEt3nH.png

Day9 is playing some Shardbound on stream, the next tile-based DCG on kickstarter.

And because I'm a sucker and can't stop playing DCGs I just threw $20 at the kickstarter.

https://duelyst.com/ancient-bonds

https://news.duelyst.com/duelyst-patch-1-82/

The next Duelyst patch is out, featuring a few nerfs and the addition of the new Ancient Bonds small set.

liEt3nH.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    My laptop bricked and hearthstone doesn't fit on my phone so I'm playing shadowverse now

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Someone play yugioh with me

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    ew, games with physical manifestations

gross

liEt3nH.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    ew, games with physical manifestations

gross

Hey I see you post in the MTG thread you big ol' controversial edgelord.

MTG doesn't have an online version

liEt3nH.png

yeah it does it's called duels of the planeswalkers and it's not bad

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    On my climb to the lofty heights of beginner 3, I've seen:
    1 ramp dragoncraft
    1 aggro bloodcraft
    1 control havencraft
    1 storm forestcraft
    4 darunia runecraft

10/10 game design

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Checks out

uggggh I had a 4-1 havencraft take two were the loss was the game hard freezing after the battleground loaded but before the mulligans came up

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Someone play yugioh with me

I legit started playing it.

I went from giving the iPhone version a try
    And then my brother bought a physical deck
    And then I had to of course, buy a physical deck.

And now I'm playing in tournaments and shit.

Send help.

http://www.direwolfdigital.com/eternal-azindels-ways/

Eternal is changing how its mulligans work

liEt3nH.png
    http://www.direwolfdigital.com/eternal-azindels-ways/

Eternal is changing how its mulligans work

Intriguing. I don't know that I'll step back into the game until the next full set drops, but I'm glad they're experimenting with something like the mulligan system.

Oh and there's apparently an entirely new Shadowverse expansion today or something

liEt3nH.png
    I fell out of shadowverse pretty quickly (I really don't like the cycle of three-for-one four drops like dragon warrior/priest of the cudgel and the like) but I just remembered the dragoncraft discard mechanics probably work with the neutral spell altered fate (2 mana, pitch your hand, draw that many cards) and now I want to chain altered fates with two of the two drop that pings the enemy hero when you discard

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just got some pretty neat stuff out of the free ten packs of the new Shadowverse set, apparently this card caused a pretty big stir when it was revealed

3WHfMNi.jpg

Shardbound is out on Steam early access, and a new Hearthstone set drops today

liEt3nH.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Literally all of my decks went wild today

On the other hand I have enough dust to craft god so it's really just a matter of deciding what I wanna play in standard for the foreseeable future

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    Patrick Chapin (Magic pro, Eternal developer) is doing an AMA on Eternal right now and he is going in-depth with his responses; good stuff if you're curious about the game or just CCG development on the whole:

Let's Talk Eternal! I'm DWD Game Designer Patrick Chapin

Eternal has received a patch to make the new player campaign/tutorial better

I haven't tried it so I can't tell you what "better" means

liEt3nH.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Shardbound looks interesting. I find it interesting that it's using a female hero for it's Black deck avatar. Hearthstone is the only one that has a male character. I know that Shadowverse and maybe Duelyst have alt male heroes.

Not a complaint, mind. Everyone wants their Vess I suppose.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    If we're talking Abyssian as the "black" deck, both generals are female.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    oh my god you can't just call someone a black deck

liEt3nH.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Ah, alright. I haven't kept up with Duelyst much.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Shardbound looks interesting. I find it interesting that it's using a female hero for it's Black deck avatar. Hearthstone is the only one that has a male character. I know that Shadowverse and maybe Duelyst have alt male heroes.

Not a complaint, mind. Everyone wants their Vess I suppose.

I'd love if there was enough interest to support a Shardbound thread because I've been playing the shit out of it and it's really good.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    oh my god you can't just call someone a black deck

Yo dawg you're just jealous of my big black deck.

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Yowzers