As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Sorry, your Vault is on another planet...

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    The Handsome Collection version.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    need to install it, but am happy to jump in if it gets done quick enough.

• Options
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    If I haven't played the Presequel, is it worth it, and if so, is Athena real good?

Athena is awesome and all her trees are good. Her action skill is excellent and always useful, too.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    And while not explicitly Athena-related, TPS drops Uniques/Legendaries like it's going out of style, so it's relatively easy to get kitted out for whatever playstyle you want.

sig.gif
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    IMO, TPS fixes a lot of structural missteps from BL2

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So no re info from PAx . Must be super far off.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    GDC was the week prior I believe, and they had a tech demo to show off there. Nothing otherwise significant about BL3 at all, beyond vague language about it being the thing being worked on right now. They're beefing up the aesthetic the series uses, from what they showed off at GDC, looks amazing.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    GDC was the week prior I believe, and they had a tech demo to show off there. Nothing otherwise significant about BL3 at all, beyond vague language about it being the thing being worked on right now. They're beefing up the aesthetic the series uses, from what they showed off at GDC, looks amazing.

Yeah it's going to be gorgeous. I can't wait to see it in action.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Loaded up BL2 after several years. Surprised to find I only have 60 hours on the game. None of the DLC. Steam grabbed my old saves from the cloud. Zer0 is at 49 and Maya at 8. I tried a little bit of TVHM with Z but that went poorly. Hopped on Maya to refamiliarize myself.

Man. It takes forever to level up solo. I don't remember it being that slow, but I usually played with at least one other person.

I might keep playing? I dunno. I remember really loving both games but every consequential enemy feels like a big dumb bullet sponge and I don't really care for that. If I could just fly up to level 30-40 or so I'd probably enjoy myself, I remember that being where powers and guns started to get interesting.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Well, you can download a save file and move it to the game's save folder. Maybe someone here can provide one. (I'm on the Xbox)

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    @GoodKingJayIII I'm having the same issue. I almost want to give myself infinite Shift Codes...these first few levels with no skills suuuuuuuuuck.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Well, you can download a save file and move it to the game's save folder. Maybe someone here can provide one. (I'm on the Xbox)

I'll poke around the internet for something.
    @GoodKingJayIII I'm having the same issue. I almost want to give myself infinite Shift Codes...these first few levels with no skills suuuuuuuuuck.

We can do that? Are we allowed to do that?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    There is also a save editor for the files. You could just bump you character to level 30 with it.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Yeah...even though in retrospect I didn't like a lot of things about BL2 narratively and gameplay-wise, TPS and the Telltale series did a lot to get me back on board for BL3.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    There is also a save editor for the files. You could just bump you character to level 30 with it.

Oh my god I didn't think of that. Thank you for this.

• Options
    Never minded the leveling because everything is stress free . It's once you hit level cap you have to worry about farming gear and making sure all your items have the correct parts and the other unpleasantness of a loot based game. Do you know how many hours I've spent trying to get perfect quest rewards uniques? Way too many.

• Options
    Anyone know when's the best time to play the BL2-DLC? I know that Hammerlock's and Tina's take place after the story but what about Scarlett's and Torgue's?

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah...even though in retrospect I didn't like a lot of things about BL2 narratively and gameplay-wise, TPS and the Telltale series did a lot to get me back on board for BL3.

Really huh? I had BL2 DLC on my backlog forever (thank you Zelda and Mass Effect...and Street Fighter)...should I just skip that and go into TPS?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Really huh? I had BL2 DLC on my backlog forever (thank you Zelda and Mass Effect...and Street Fighter)...should I just skip that and go into TPS?

Well, the gameplay isn't that different from BL2 but there are some improvements here and there.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Anyone know when's the best time to play the BL2-DLC? I know that Hammerlock's and Tina's take place after the story but what about Scarlett's and Torgue's?

It's been a few years, but Scarlett is supposed to be set after completing the game based on the "hunting another vault" storyline, but doesn't contain any spoilers.

Torgue's can be played at any time after you're done interacting with Tiny Tina's quest line in the main game, which is relatively early.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Installed borderlands 2 again, started doing the assault on dragon keep dlc.
    Fun, mostly, but damn i had forgotten just how much of my time was spent just running from point to point.
    Also, while i love Mechromancer as a class (and Gaige as a character), i can't help but be annoyed about how long it takes to build up stacks of anarchy everytime i start playing.
    Having to do so after dying is fine, you screwed up, now pay the price, but just needing to close a computer for a bit and then having to spend several minutes to get ready to fight again kinda gets old.

• Options
    Depends on the playthrough . For the first two you want to do them as late as possible so you can have good weapons to start the next one. For uvhm I usually wait till I'm max level. If I'm rushing then I start torque and just grind the bar brawl and use the tokens to upgrade weapons every few levels.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Borderlands sale on Gamersgate (Steam key). I'm sure most folks here have BL1 and BL2 but there were a few folks pondering the dive into TPS. $10's not a bad price point for diving. :wink:

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    I think when bl3 is announced I will do another op8 run.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Okay, so I am super LTTP on this one. I'm doing a Gaige run, and I've got her up to level 22, which is the furthest I've taken a Gaige. And I don't think I really played around with Anarchy stacks the last time. Holy cow, she really is a face-melting, body exploder, isn't she? I just point this nice purple slag SMG in the general direction of the bad guys, and anyone who doesn't die I just switch to this corrosive pistol Tina gave me or a decent fire shotty and everything is dead. If health gets below 20%, pop Deathtrap. My weapons are all 4 levels under my character right now, and I don't even care because they are still so devastatingly effective once I build up a few stacks.

It's sort of easy mode, but it's so incredibly satisfying. I'm having a blast, and neglecting other games in my backlog for yet another run through of murderous fun.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Gaige is pretty broken. Fun, but broken.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Absurdity MatrixAbsurdity Matrix Tumbledown Glory On the OutskirtsRegistered User regular
    My friend, paraphrased: "I have a pet, I'm shooting wildly, I have no idea what's happening, and things are exploding. I think Gaige is my spirit animal."

• Options
    Yeah Gaige helped me finish BL2. I didn't particularly enjoy the class but being able to summon a death bot that murders everything is pretty funny.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    If I recall correctly, Gaige was announced as the "girlfriend character" that they made to get the assumed straight male gamer's SO to be able to play along with him.
    She's a small girl with a mechanical arm, and will have a skill tree designed for folks who "suck at first-person shooters" but want to play with others – in Hemingway's words, "for the lack of a better term, the girlfriend skill tree".

Dude was an ass but the resulting character is super fun

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, Gaige was announced as the "girlfriend character" that they made to get the assumed straight male gamer's SO to be able to play along with him.
    She's a small girl with a mechanical arm, and will have a skill tree designed for folks who "suck at first-person shooters" but want to play with others – in Hemingway's words, "for the lack of a better term, the girlfriend skill tree".

Dude was an ass but the resulting character is super fun

Ugh.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, some of the stuff in Borderlands is a little hard to tell if it's satirical

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Yeah, some of the stuff in Borderlands is a little hard to tell if it's satirical

this wasn't; it was just some off the cuff comment he made but it's still pretty telling of the very healthy background sexism in the gaming culture

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well Moxxi alone already showed that with the Borderlands team.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Though I do love Torque.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    BL2 came out riiiiight before awareness / accountability(?) really started to pick up in the industry about that sort of thing. So I'm actually curious to see how they handle BL3 in that regard, like if any lessons were learned and get applied.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    BL2 came out riiiiight before awareness / accountability(?) really started to pick up in the industry about that sort of thing. So I'm actually curious to see how they handle BL3 in that regard, like if any lessons were learned and get applied.

I'm guessing from how little they learned from bl1 to bl2...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

I haven't gotten very far into TPS but wouldn't that tell you what you need to know? I know that Torque has that "Friendzone" thing in TPS in which he apologizes for afterward.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

I haven't gotten very far into TPS but wouldn't that tell you what you need to know? I know that Torque has that "Friendzone" thing in TPS in which he apologizes for afterward.
    TPS was an outsourced title though, not reflective of Gearbox. So we'll see.
    Preacher wrote: »

I'm guessing from how little they learned from bl1 to bl2...
    Well BL1 was also before more broad awareness was around, too.

• Options
    I know I'm getting flak for this but you know what I'm really tired of? People getting offended by everything . I need video games to preach to me like I need political advice from movie stars .

This discussion has been closed.