As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Open Recruitment] Dungeon World: Seeking Delvers of the Menank

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Yeah when i'm writing up Renne's summaries i'm trying to just get the broad strokes of what she absorbed as important/needs to be relayed back to the rest of the adventure company. Her entire deal re: her God is observing things and relaying information so this comes pretty naturally to her, but it's still limited to her subjective viewpoint.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    for those spider legs... in spoilers so ya'll don't know.
    Tuckwin is swinging his water quartz and mumbling prayers over the spider legs returned from the Menaki, with hopes that something edible will come of them.
    geth roll 2d6+2 for sanctify those spider legs (obv if this could never work that's up to the GM)

sanctify those spider legs (obv if this could never work that's up to the GM):
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=6, 3]

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    There is little that the application of roiling sacrament cannot cleanse, child. May this act draw more into the wake of my teachings. May you keep them afloat in the times to come, and look always towards the cool shade to find the oasis of belonging.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    ((Also I really enjoy how in-character people are being about the writeups and that kind of thing. Adds a layer of... authenticity? To it all.))
    Many many thanks to everyone who has shown up to play so far. This has been a bit of a crazy ride thus far but I'm enjoying all of it aside from the technical hiccups and hope you are finding it enjoyable as well!

Also also as a general rule I try not to say 'no' to things whenever possible. Things are better when you go along with the PCs' crazy plans!

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So, how big is a giant spider leg anyhow? that spider seemed pretty big.

Each leg, if taken off where it meets the body, is between 5-8 feet long

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Sounds like the guild's having dinner!
    Woo!
    Team building!

Edit: Who picked through the bones in the people farm and got that magic quiver?

SutibunRi on
    edited March 2017
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    Chris may not be able to make it tonight, so I may be filling in as Captain Murderpants DM.

• AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Edit: Who picked through the bones in the people farm and got that magic quiver?
    Felix the Halfling Thief
    Oats wrote: »
    Chris may not be able to make it tonight, so I may be filling in as Captain Murderpants DM.
    Rest in Pieces, us.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Wait, who is playing tonight?

Matev
    Allyxia
    Tyberiuslee
    TruthPuncher
    Diggerdudethatdigs
    DarkPrimus

edited March 2017
    You, for one.

EDIT: At least, you're on the "attending" list on ObsPort.

DoublEDIT: Matev
    Allyxia
    Tyberiuslee
    TruthPuncher
    Diggerdudethatdigs
    DarkPrimus

TriplEdit: Beaten super hard by Allyxia

Oats on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Didn't TRV kill someone on Wednesday?

Should we start keeping score?

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Didn't TRV kill someone on Wednesday?

Should we start keeping score?

Tuesday.

Also he already killed the best character so Oats can't hope to catch up.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    If a needle falls in a Forrest and no one's around to heal it, does it make a sound?

It does mean that the druid I rolled suddenly won't have to share spotlight as much.

I live die to serve as an inspiration to you.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Allyxia wrote: »
    If a needle falls in a Forrest and no one's around to heal it, does it make a sound?

Kind of a *thwaKRUNCH* sound if I recall correctly, since he was a giant spider at the time.

Great, and I was going to be playing a Druid tonight...

Also I like to think that Chris and I aren't competing in any way.

It's a collaborative murder enterprise.

This is loser talk from the guy who hasn't even gotten on the scoreboard yet.
    Hey, it is way easier to talk trash to the DM when your character is already dead.

Oats will remember that.

In the spirit of collaboration, I would just like to say that I never thought that Ald was a wimp or a fundamentally bad person.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.

#roasted

The DMs that slay together something something

Hey, it is way easier to talk trash to the DM when your character is already dead.

Speaking of, you need to make a new person!

edited March 2017
    Summaries for the scheduled players tonight and their flags:

Father Killian – Cleric – Lawful (Endanger yourself following the precepts of your church or god.)
    • The Menanki’s Will: Tell me why the Menanki wishes for something to be done, so I will do it.
    • Zealous: Tell me who must be converted to the Menanki’s will and I shall sway them.
    • Brave: Tell me what impossible or harrowing feat you require and I shall do it so I will be remembered.

Rona Ironheel – Ranger – Good (Endanger yourself to combat an unnatural threat.)
    Animal companion: Lang the Dog.
    • Eager to Please: Ask me to demonstrate my abilities so that I can try to prove my worth to you, or earn your scorn.
    • Scratch My Back: Do something for me so I feel I owe you a favor in return.
    • It’s Me or the Dog: Put me in a situation where I have to choose between the wellbeing of you vs. Lang.

Zephyr Quinn – Ranger – Chaotic (Free someone from literal or figurative bonds.)
    Animal companions: Castille the Rook and Simone the Raven.
    • Leader: Allow me to make a decision so you can criticize it.
    • Scoundrel: Present me with the opportunity to put my penchant for taking things above the well-being of the group.

Thrognar – Paladin – Good (Endanger yourself to protect someone weaker than you.)
    • Headstrong: Tell me how stupid the thing I'm planning is, so I can do it anyway and prove you right.
    • Conflicted: Ask me to honor my oaths as a healer when there are monsters to smash, so that I have to choose.
    • Vanguard: Move to beat me into a new room or dangerous situation, so that I can race you.

Diggerdudethatdigs – Unknown

Aytaç – Druid – Good (Help something or someone grow.)
    • Ascetic: Get me to see that there is value in something made by people, not nature.
    • Uncultured: Teach me to follow a societal custom and tell me why it is important.

EDIT: Please correct me if something needs to be changed or I straight fudged up.

Allyxia on

Speaking of, you need to make a new person!

Yea, I figure I got some time to let ideas percolate. Really wish that DW SRD listed sources so I stop thinking classes we can't play are cool.

I think I'm gonna rework some of Thrognar's tags. I'll post them here once I do.

I think I like these better;
    • Headstrong; Tell me how stupid the thing I'm planning is, so I can do it anyway and prove you right.
    • Conflicted; Ask me to honor my oaths as a healer when there are monsters to smash, so that I have to choose.
    • Vanguard; Move to beat me into a new room or dangerous situation, so that I can race you.

• Vanguard; Move to beat me into a new room or dangerous situation, so that I can race you.

Puppy Pile would definitely have done more damage to the party in session one.

I should start keeping a count of total friendly fire damage

Puppy Pile would definitely have done more damage to the party in session one.

It probably would have leveled up both Forrest and Naimh another time on that first run.

I should start keeping a count of total friendly fire damage

The fire isn't friendly unless it's smiling.

edited March 2017
    Didn't get to kill a druid.

But I came real close.

Also almost dropped Thrognar.

EDIT: Also 10 rooms! TEN!

Oats on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I made sure people didn't die! I also fell down a hole.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Rona is sorry, Thrognar. :'c

Also she's torn on being amazed by/telling Zephyr to go kick rocks.

Sorry for missing tonight! Thanks a million to @Oats for taking the helm for me.

Is good to have a great bunch of players and general campaign participant type folks

Video and audio are uploading now. YouTube will be a couple hours processing afterwards and I'll likely pass out before then, but I'll edit this post when things go up.

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Zephyr Quinn is a cowardly bumbling charlatan and also perhaps the greatest bowmen to ever live?