As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Boston Weather Forecast for PaxEast

2»

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    It is supposed to snow on Friday morning.

If you are driving here and have not experienced driving in it I highly suggest seeing if there are other option to get to the convention center.

If you are driving PLEASE be safe. You are better of late to PAX than not getting there at all.

Leave early. Drive Slow. Be Safe. Happy PAX :)

EDIT:
    Is Coat check free for all? or those with twitch prime?

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • djlybsdjlybs Slayer of the Datas Boston MetroRegistered User regular
    Sepioth wrote: »
    It is supposed to snow on Friday morning.

If you are driving here and have not experienced driving in it I highly suggest seeing if there are other option to get to the convention center.

If you are driving PLEASE be safe. You are better of late to PAX than not getting there at all.

Leave early. Drive Slow. Be Safe. Happy PAX :)

EDIT:
    Is Coat check free for all? or those with twitch prime?

Free for all, according to @official_pax

MvyuK6O.png
    djlybs wrote: »
    Free for all, according to @official_pax

TY .. guess I missed that tweet.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    miker525 wrote: »
    but can you do it without messing up your leg? <3

Boy do I hope so. That's the last thing I need, especially this year. You guys continued to let me hobble along with the group though so it was still alright <3

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Going to be trying layering instead of a huge heavy coat this year. Bringing gloves and a scarf. At least there is no snow ^_^

Edit: spoke too soon on the snow, bah humbug.....

SinoSamba on
    3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Latest update I've gotten regarding the weather is showing 1-3 inches in the immediate Boston area, heavier snow as you go south and East of Boston. Cape Cod and Islands are looking at 6-8+, Southeastern MA and all of RI is 4-7ish, and Northern CT and Norfolk County of MA (immediately to the south of Boston) is potentially 3-5". I'll quote some important notes.

"Key items for this storm event include:

1. Model trends have been stronger and a bit further north with this winter storm. If this trend continues, snowfall amounts could be bumped higher and also further north in the region.
    2. the highest likelihood for the heaviest snowfall is over the South Coast and Cape Cod and the Islands. This is currently expected to remain the case for this storm.
    3. A sharp cutoff in the accumulating snow versus little to no show and between the accumulating snow and the heavier snow bands is likely with this system."

If you're driving or flying into Boston today, be aware that there's a wind advisory or gusts up to and above 40-50MPH. I've already seen a notification for a highway closure for a tree across I-93 in NH.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    gigabrain wrote: »
    Latest update I've gotten regarding the weather is showing 1-3 inches in the immediate Boston area, heavier snow as you go south and East of Boston. Cape Cod and Islands are looking at 6-8+, Southeastern MA and all of RI is 4-7ish, and Northern CT and Norfolk County of MA (immediately to the south of Boston) is potentially 3-5". I'll quote some important notes.

"Key items for this storm event include:

1. Model trends have been stronger and a bit further north with this winter storm. If this trend continues, snowfall amounts could be bumped higher and also further north in the region.
    2. the highest likelihood for the heaviest snowfall is over the South Coast and Cape Cod and the Islands. This is currently expected to remain the case for this storm.
    3. A sharp cutoff in the accumulating snow versus little to no show and between the accumulating snow and the heavier snow bands is likely with this system."

If you're driving or flying into Boston today, be aware that there's a wind advisory or gusts up to and above 40-50MPH. I've already seen a notification for a highway closure for a tree across I-93 in NH.

Any idea when the snow is supposed to arrive tmw?

6pq9je4.png
  • RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    Mainly during the morning with on and off during the day. But with Snow its so hard to predict how much we are really gonna get. Friday is just gonna be a annoying day thats how ill look at it.

xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    It's not the temperature, it's the knife wind that makes trekking outside today really intolerable.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • MythrilRobMythrilRob Registered User regular
    It's awful outside. If you don't have a hat and gloves it's going to be near unbearable in a matter of minutes. GONG is right, the wind is going to be the problem.

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    ufre8r4h8e7c.jpg

Shorts as promised! :P

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I was just fine on Fri with the snow only, but Saturday with the super high winds stirring up the fresh snow in the morning was just frigging scary from an out of towner. The area where the Element is located is really windy. I even thought of walking back to the hotel and hunkering up ^^' At least that made me pay attention to the general area and I finally know the side exit on the Convention center. Some damn fine food trucks there too :)

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    We survived guys. Hope every last one of you have safe travels back home.

edited March 2017
    Good thing the weather we had yesterday did not happen during PAX :surprised:

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png