As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fallen London] et al.: Sunless Skies is out!

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Apostate wrote: »
    Does the Zubmariner DLC add anything to the original Sunless Sea or is it just a whole new self contained area?

The quest to get the Zubmarine upgrade starts in the original ports but otherwise it's pretty self contained. Due to the nature of it (oxygen levels, geography, needing to get out if your terror is too high), you'll weave between the original and new areas regularly.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    What's the best way to get the pile of contracts needed to use the Shepherds' card?

I might try to rob the brass embassy because i'm fresh out of souls as well, plus eff the devils

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    It looks like I would need to grind notability up to 10 if I want to upgrade my Bazaar premises?

I'm not even sure I could without, like, making plans and investments

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    It looks like I would need to grind notability up to 10 if I want to upgrade my Bazaar premises?

I'm not even sure I could without, like, making plans and investments

Or you can just wait till christmas and do it much cheaper.

• AersienAersien Registered User regular
    It seems like doing that would be extremely non-trivial. Getting enough Making Waves for Notability 10 in a week with the amount of BDR available without spending Fate means getting more than one MW per action for every possible action for the week (so no uninterrupted sleep!) and while it can be done with salons and orphanages, I think, it's no small task.

It's easier if you start the week with some MW and then have a final frantic push, but it's hard regardless.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Yeah, I only made it to Notability 8 last week because I had a sudden explosion of wave making and used all my highest grade BDR items (a few things from the exceptional rose event, among some others) to make that last level and just got in under the wire. Until that happens again, I'm just working on maintaining a higher than notability MW score.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited March 2017
    Is notability required for any other big opportunity I'm not aware of?

I'm hoping it's more useful than it feels

kedinik on
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

I needed twelve of it but nah it's generally pretty mediocre. Keeping it above like 8 to get guarantees rewards on An Unsigned Message isn't bad though.

I ate an engineer
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    milski wrote: »

I needed twelve of it but nah it's generally pretty mediocre. Keeping it above like 8 to get guarantees rewards on An Unsigned Message isn't bad though.

Wait, I thought characters are generally unusable after they go through with Seeking.

No, sorry, just noticed the past tense.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Does the Zubmariner DLC add anything to the original Sunless Sea or is it just a whole new self contained area?

The quest to get the Zubmarine upgrade starts in the original ports but otherwise it's pretty self contained. Due to the nature of it (oxygen levels, geography, needing to get out if your terror is too high), you'll weave between the original and new areas regularly.

If I get the DLC will I need to start a new game or will it integrate with a game I've already started?

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

If I get the DLC will I need to start a new game or will it integrate with a game I've already started?

Integrates directly with the game you're already playing, at least it did for me. You have to do a not too onerous quest to make your ship into a zubmarine, but after that all subsequent ships and captains will have the ability.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »

Integrates directly with the game you're already playing, at least it did for me. You have to do a not too onerous quest to make your ship into a zubmarine, but after that all subsequent ships and captains will have the ability.

Oh wait, really? I've been holding off on that because I wasn't sure whether I'd have to redo the quest every time I upgraded my ship...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

Oh wait, really? I've been holding off on that because I wasn't sure whether I'd have to redo the quest every time I upgraded my ship...

Oh yeah, I think either the quest giver lady in Port Carnelian or possibly the Zubmariner tutorial text tells you this? I'm currently on my second zubmerge-able ship, the merchant cruiser Cuptpurse (previously my street urchin captain commanded the good corvette Switchblade).

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

Oh yeah, I think either the quest giver lady in Port Carnelian or possibly the Zubmariner tutorial text tells you this? I'm currently on my second zubmerge-able ship, the merchant cruiser Cuptpurse (previously my street urchin captain commanded the good corvette Switchblade).

Yep, you just have to travel to Port Carnelian to upgrade your ship, don't have to redo the quest

PODRAwU.png

yessssss

• ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    How exactly do port events reset? Sometimes I seem to be out forever and I come back and certain options I have the criteria for are locked. Other times I'm hardly out at all and when I go back they're not locked anymore. Is there something I can do to trigger or shorten this?

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    RTKsqdz.png

mdsY3oP.png

NO THANK YOU

Orphane wrote: »
    RTKsqdz.png

Goddamnit; I still only have 13 whirring contraptions and I've been doing nothing else for weeks...

RTKsqdz.png

Goddamnit; I still only have 13 whirring contraptions and I've been doing nothing else for weeks...

yes, that's about how long it took me

• FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    Been trying to play this on my phone all day, won't load past "checking for content updates" :x

Fleeb wrote: »
    Been trying to play this on my phone all day, won't load past "checking for content updates" :x

I was using the app for a while. Turns out just playing in the phone browser tends to work better (for me, anyway).

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    But the app is so pretty :(

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I am one point of Persuasive away from becoming a POSI .

I used the app for awhile but it's not stable enough for me and takes forever to load so I went to the browser version a month or so back.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular

You only do the quest once. After the first time you unlock your sub option just go back to port carnelian if you are on a new captain to get it. The tutorial does mention that specifically.

Hmm

I still lose Making Waves each week I'm in Port Carnelian

Annoying, but on the other hand I don't really need Notability for anything

PnYKjzx.png
    nice.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I'm on a making waves push to reach notability 2 for my tier 2 profession.

As such I'm soliciting for partners with free evenings to invite to supper.

You'll get some waves and confident smiles out of it.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited March 2017

Yo

Edit: yeah just checked, I have 5

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Cheers. Calling card sent. Do you want to swap or can I just send all 5 your way?

MhCw7nZ.gif
    RTKsqdz.png

Getting a zub sucks yeah

I ate an engineer
  • MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    Finally got all of the 25 renown rewards for all of the factions that allow them. For reasons that boggle me, Docks is advancing the slowest despite me having the Connected Docks special Pet.

Onward to 40! Since I already finished the quick Criminal grind, it looks like Rubbery Men or Tomb Colonists should be the next to cross the finish line.

Excited to see what best in slot items they will give!

I don't have anything to do with free evenings--send invites my way if you want. (credeiki in game as well)

Cheers. Calling card sent. Do you want to swap or can I just send all 5 your way?

I just returned with an invitation, but if you want to send the rest my way, I'll get to them when I can.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    RTKsqdz.png

Getting a zub sucks yeah

otoh, when you finally have it and you submerge under the Wax-wind

RTKsqdz.png

Getting a zub sucks yeah

otoh, when you finally have it and you submerge under the Wax-wind

Let the wax-wind tear through your flesh. It doesn't matter now.

Stride carelessly from the wreckage, north, north, NORTH.

I ate an engineer
    Milski pls

I hope you don't mind, @Casual Eddy, but I've invited you to perform your unique skill for my orphans.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Why is there nobody asking me to show off my skills :(

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I hope you don't mind, @Casual Eddy, but I've invited you to perform your unique skill for my orphans.

500 pieces of rostygold for an action! Not bad.

This discussion has been closed.