As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Mark McMorris Infinite Air

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Mark McMorris Infinite Air

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Mark McMorris Infinite Air.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• sawellssawells Registered User regular
    What happens around the 10-12 minute mark is definitely evidence in the "Mike is a bad person sometimes" category.

Twitter: @EssayWells
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    sawells wrote: »
    What happens around the 10-12 minute mark is definitely evidence in the "Mike is a bad person sometimes" category.

With hilarious results.

• karma_kidkarma_kid Registered User new member
    LOL! Not exactly a 'pick up and learn to play in 15mins' kinda game, fella's! That was painful to watch, haha! What's not painful to watch are people who have the time to learn the controls... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnFWB6NuMmI&t=203s A judgement based on 15mins is not going to be pretty... which it wasn't. Give this game a few sessions to sink in and the gnar will be shredded!

• SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    I actually laughed out loud when Mike had the guy laying on the snow and he started talking about torque. Literally no media in at least a few years have gotten me to actually LOL. I know Mike can be extremely dismissive of these games, but goddamn if it isn't hilarious.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    karma_kid wrote: »
    LOL! Not exactly a 'pick up and learn to play in 15mins' kinda game, fella's! That was painful to watch, haha! What's not painful to watch are people who have the time to learn the controls... A judgement based on 15mins is not going to be pretty... which it wasn't. Give this game a few sessions to sink in and the gnar will be shredded!

I hear where you're coming from, but I have to agree with Slortex. I completely lost my shit and was having problems breathing I was laughing so much at Mike's schtick. That's what I come to First 15 for, not for balanced and insightful reviews of videogames. There's plenty of other (actual) reviewers for that kind of thing.

• karma_kidkarma_kid Registered User new member
    dennis wrote: »
    karma_kid wrote: »
    LOL! Not exactly a 'pick up and learn to play in 15mins' kinda game, fella's! That was painful to watch, haha! What's not painful to watch are people who have the time to learn the controls... A judgement based on 15mins is not going to be pretty... which it wasn't. Give this game a few sessions to sink in and the gnar will be shredded!

I hear where you're coming from, but I have to agree with Slortex. I completely lost my shit and was having problems breathing I was laughing so much at Mike's schtick. That's what I come to First 15 for, not for balanced and insightful reviews of videogames. There's plenty of other (actual) reviewers for that kind of thing.

Oh for sure! Don't get me wong, it provided the lulz haha! I guess this might be exactly the kind of game to play for 'First 15' :biggrin:

• ObstreperousObstreperous Registered User regular
    That might seem like a needlessly complicated way to just make your guy stop moving... but as someone who has skied in the past I can state with confidence that it is legitimately that difficult to stop if you don't know how.

• EmmetRyanEmmetRyan Registered User regular
    That was brilliant. When Mike said it was an N64 game I thought it a little harsh, until I saw the glitchy ass movement/cutting through ramps.

Clearly a complex game, like Project Cars, but I enjoy their flailing attempts!

• jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    As soon as it started and you couldn't actually see the board under your feet because it was putting the snow on top, I knew we were in for a treat. This has to be the most sarcastic Mike's ever been about a game haha. Although I still think it's astonishing he couldn't figure out that the ghost was himself demonstrating the technique...

• AmishElvisAmishElvis Registered User regular
    I laughed so hard at Mike's antics I was afraid I would hurt myself.