As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    They also need to know who's who in the city and keep track of social circles as well as neonates.

wVEsyIc.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    The social part was why I actually had Alex volunteer out loud, instead of just want it in his head.

Social is his area of life. The way he was created, this is the exact type of job that he should ideally excel at.

I can see him potentially struggling for a bit with the who's who (just because, how can you know who they are if you haven't been connected before), but from a stat sheet and personality perspective, I do consider him to have the right skills for the role. Now, if he succeeds at that obviously depends on a whole lot of choices along the way, clearly. But at least it's fitting with his personality and goals, and not just a "yeah that's a named role, I want that".

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I think Lizzy will wait a few minutes just to make sure the vampire lady doesn't come out looking for her then try to find a too drunk for their own good person in this alleyway, jump them and drink them down to unconscious. Afterwards, she's going to look for something wooden like an old pallet or broken barstool and make a stake out of it.

Perception+Alertness+Auspex
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Seek And Ye Shall Fine

Dexterity+Stealth (I don't think Lizzy is going to do this the nice way)
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Closing Time

Seek And Ye Shall Fine:
    5d10o10h8 4 [5d10o10h8=8, 9, 9, [10, 3], 6]
    Closing Time:
    5d10o10h8 2 [5d10o10h8=[10, 2], [10, 4], 6, 1, 1]

• ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Well I think our incendiary bullet shortage is solved.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I'll say. NYPD probably would deliver it themselves.

Which ally he is contacting on the first call?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    How many blood points did I get back from feeding?

How many blood points did I get back from feeding?

wVEsyIc.png
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    @cj iwakura For simplicity sake, are you ok with us automatically recovering 1 Willpower point at the end of every session (ie: whenever we get XP?)

I think that strikes a nice balance of slowly getting it back without having to track/justify recovering willpower.

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
    Boozer wrote: »
    @cj iwakura For simplicity sake, are you ok with us automatically recovering 1 Willpower point at the end of every session (ie: whenever we get XP?)

I think that strikes a nice balance of slowly getting it back without having to track/justify recovering willpower.

No objection here.

wVEsyIc.png
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Boozer wrote: »

No objection here.
    Thanks! We got XP on 10/16 and 2/23/17. I spent willpower on 12/16 and 2/7/17, so I was full when we would've gotten one back, but then spent 2 willpower before we got 1back. So I'm at 3/4 willpower now.

Hypothetical question: What are the rules on putting a stake through someone's heart? Or Ambushing, and stabbing them in the back?

Not that I'm doing it, but I'm wondering.

Hypothetical question: What are the rules on putting a stake through someone's heart? Or Ambushing, and stabbing them in the back?

Not that I'm doing it, but I'm wondering.

If you manage to surprise the target, the defense does not apply.

It calls for Strength+Weaponry, but if you don't do at least three successes, it's only a wound, not a successful staking.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2017

@Ardent

It sounds like someone with underworld or gang ties, I assume.

Or is that on the same call?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png

The NYPD ally. I think you said they'd be low-ish level. Apparently this one works in evidence lock-up and is corrupt as fuck.

The second call, to be clear, is using the family business. Gena's probably Thurmond's secretary or aide or something.

Ardent wrote: »

The NYPD ally. I think you said they'd be low-ish level. Apparently this one works in evidence lock-up and is corrupt as fuck.

Ah. You'd be given the same meeting details either way. The second request doesn't seem as easy to fulfill this time of night, but she's working on it and will get back to you.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2017
    Figure I'll ask before rolling.

@cj iwakura would I be able to use acting in a roll for impressing the masses or is that too much of a stretch and you'd rather I use something else?

Edit: actually nvm, Alex's etiquette is higher anyways

AustinP0027 on
    Figure I'll ask before rolling.

@cj iwakura would I be able to use acting in a roll for impressing the masses or is that too much of a stretch and you'd rather I use something else?

Edit: actually nvm, Alex's etiquette is higher anyways

Etiquette would be best, yes, or leadership.

wVEsyIc.png
    Getting 9 dice I was really hoping for a more enthusiastic speech.....

Geth hates me.

edited March 2017
    I had a question about the responsibilities of the Scourge (aka the Hound in Requiem). I'll just ask it in OOC since I assume I know what the job entails in character. No problem if I should ask in IC.
    From the V20 book/wikis:
    The Scourge can harass, detain or destroy without penalty any Kindred that have been created without permission from the prince, or have not been presented formally to the Prince. Additionally, the Scourge is responsible for destroying those vampires of 14th and higher Generation, unless they have managed to be Acknowledged in the Camarilla.

From Requiem/wikis:
    Quite simply, the Hound is the Prince’s (or Primogen’s) muscle. If the Sheriff is a policeman, the Hound is an assassin or a leg-breaker. He doesn’t investigate, he doesn’t question. His job is to punish anyone he’s told to punish.
    Other Titles
    In addition to Hound, such an enforcer is often called Assassin, Archon, Scourge or Templar

So I was just wondering which version Julia meant. Prince's assassin/muscle, destroying unacknowledged vampires, both?.

According to the wikis some Princes grant their scourges the right of destruction to speed the process of purging unacknowledged vampires along, while other princes demand that the Scourge bring the night's "catch" to Elysium for judgment.
    I was wondering which was the case here, if the Scourge in NY is meant to deal with the unacknowledged. If it's just for muscle it depends on the particular job I guess.

Boozer on
    edited March 2017
    More the former. A Scourge keeps tabs on neonates and unacknowledged Kindred. It's also justifiable that Bobby might not know IC.

If a Giovanni were causing problems for example, the Scourge would keep him in check.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    There's a high chance Deke knows your role's responsibilities. He'll probably nudge Bobby that way in order to further his own status.

So I am looking at one of my abilities, Passion, which can let me either push a person's emotions through the roof or calm them down to nearly emotionalless, and it says that the roll difficultly is against the person's Humanity, so what is this lady's humanity? I wouldn't figure it would be much higher than Lizzy's, if not lower.

So I am looking at one of my abilities, Passion, which can let me either push a person's emotions through the roof or calm them down to nearly emotionalless, and it says that the roll difficultly is against the person's Humanity, so what is this lady's humanity? I wouldn't figure it would be much higher than Lizzy's, if not lower.

wVEsyIc.png
    @AustinP0027 Are either you or Alex familiar with the duties of the Harpy in detail? If not, he'd at least know they can typically grant 'temporary' Acknowledged status until it's confirmed by the Prince. Basically keeps them from becoming Scourge bait.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2017
    No for me, but Alex should probably roughly know.

Perhaps I should have him spend some time with Deke. Between the two they should be able to fill in a lot of gaps.

AustinP0027 on
    If I try to get the Sheriff to be sympathetic to my problem, could I be able to get some sort of bonus for getting her into a passive state?

No for me, but Alex should probably roughly know.

Perhaps I should have him spend some time with Deke. Between the two they should be able to fill in a lot of gaps.

That should cover the basis. The Harpy is basically the one who keeps track of status and is supposed to know who's who. They handle acknowledgments, direct neonates to their primogen, and can strip someone of status if they screw up(like by being a fool during Elysium). They can also award it under certain circumstances.
    If I try to get the Sheriff to be sympathetic to my problem, could I be able to get some sort of bonus for getting her into a passive state?

Unlikely on both counts, but she could always try.

wVEsyIc.png
    @Maclay
    I had assumed he approached Miser directly, as he wasn't hiding himself. I can revise the post if that's not the case.

wVEsyIc.png
  • MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    Didn't see it had been addressed. Sorry. I'm fine with a direct approach if there's no immediate threat. You can ignore my last post and I'll put up a new one soon.

No problem, I hadn't addressed it until I edited the post since I neglected to include that response.

wVEsyIc.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Sorry about radio silence. I will make a social roll when I am off my phone. Probably Etiquette + Manipulation +streetwise (?) At least.

edited March 2017
    Np, I just wasn't sure if I had missed Max going somewhere since folks were somewhat dispersed.
    FYI - your rolls should be stat+skill+(relevant background or discipline). So you can't use etiquette AND politics. But you could use presence instead of one of those skills, for example.

Boozer on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Oh damn, I forgot how that worked.

Presence can also apply in that case, just for future reference.

wVEsyIc.png
    I know we're all settling into the SUV, but are we expecting we'll hear from Lizzy soon or are we thinking we'll head off to the docks without her?

My plan was to head off to the docks without her. If we do hear from her we can meet up later. All we know so far is the Sheriff went after her and it's possibly not going well.

The group has an opportunity to get her first, so it's their(or the driver's) call.

wVEsyIc.png
    Does the second voice that Lizzy hear sound like someone there or from a phone?

Does the second voice that Lizzy hear sound like someone there or from a phone?

Someone there.

wVEsyIc.png