As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Trying to remember the name of a TV show

deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
It was on Saturday/Sunday afternoon. Live action.

The area had supernatural barriers that couldn't be crossed due to specters living in the barrier.

The main character either had something that let him cross the barriers or he had some special ability.

The main bad guy needed him to either make himself more powerful or revive someone powerful. The barriers were meant to keep him from the main character.

The first episode involved the main character getting forced out of his village.

• NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    Sounds kind of like Legend of the Seeker https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Seeker

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Do you have any more details? Like is this sword and sorcery kind of setting?
    I thought it might be Wynona Earp before you said "His village". But that's more Weird Western/ Contemporary Fantasy than Legend of the Seeker.

• deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
    Thanks for the responses!

Looks like it was Legend of the Seeker!

Thanks!

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Don't read the books it's based on, they're brain poison.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    knitdan wrote: »

Really? That's disappointing. I liked the show and planned in reading them to finish the story at some point.

LostNinja on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »

Really? That's disappointing. I liked the show and planned in reading them to finish the story at some point.

Reading the episode summaries, basically only the loose outline of the first book and character names were kept intact so you aren't missing anything.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    There are parts of fun fantasy stuff in the books!

It's just mixed up in between a whole bunch of.... not-fun stuff. Crazy philosophy and graphic torture scenes and such.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime wrote: »
    There are parts of fun fantasy stuff in the books!

It's just mixed up in between a whole bunch of.... not-fun stuff. Crazy philosophy and graphic torture scenes and such.

And graphic sex scenes (many of which overlap with the graphic torture scenes).
    Then it gets into political ranting by the main character about the evils of communism and how only glorious capitalism can save the fantasy country from the bigger more evil even more communist country that's coming...

Sure, there's an entertaining story there, and there's a fun setting with some bits that break the standard sword and sorcery mold, but there's also some real shit mixed in.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the Sword of Truth is about 25% solid fantasy novel, 10% crazy political theory, and the rest bad mary-sue sexual fantasy wish fulfillment of the author's pain driven s&m fetish.

The show corrects it a bunch, but it's still vaguely there.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Wait, is this the evil chicken book?

Or am I getting my bad fantasy stories confused?

noir_blood wrote: »
    Wait, is this the evil chicken book?

Or am I getting my bad fantasy stories confused?

Nope, this is the book series with the chicken that is not a chicken.
    I'd estimate it to be roughly 1% evil chicken, by weight.