As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Choose Your Own [chat]

BogartBogart Streetwise HerculesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited March 2017 in Debate and/or Discourse
After countless bloody encounters and many strange turnings in the path, the mountain fastness of the evil sorcerer Theleb Zarak stands in front of you, its spires reaching up to the glowering sky like the vast fingers on a cruel hand. Within its thick, stone walls lay a thousand traps, an army of slavering monsters and the old wizard himself, said to be a five hundred years old and nigh on invincible. None who enter escape alive, but many try their hand, for is it not rumoured that Zarak also guards the greatest hoard of treasure on the four continents? Jewels as big as a man's head, gold piled deep enough to bury an oliphant, and magical weapons powerful enough to win a hardy warrior their own kingdom?

But enough about the fortress. What about you? Who are you, bold adventurer? What is it you seek?

If you are Gronan Headsplitter, warrior, freebooter, sometime pirate, slayer of dragons, raider of tombs and noted lover of many lucky and exhausted people, turn to page 435.

If you are Rex, a good dog, turn to page 198.

Bogart on

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    >Page 198

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I am really glad you're around, Bogart, because I don't know if I could have handled the pressure of chat-creation today.

• Options
    Accursed BEAST!! Stealing my thunder!

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    This thread will only be 100 pages long, tho

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    I am really glad you're around, Bogart, because I don't know if I could have handled the pressure of chat-creation today.

always have at least one [chat] on deck!

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2017
    Well, I mean, obviously you choose 198, but you don't have to vote on your choices. I am planning to put links in the OP (and subsequent posts) leading to actual posts containing the next reference.

EDIT: like that.

Bogart on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    who else is excited for the name of the year tournament this year? screw march madness..this is the real best event of march

here's this year's bracket, i'm kind of partial to Andy Brandy Casagrande IV

jyxjdfymqwdubgkrc1yz.jpg

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »

always have at least one [chat] on deck!

Yes, in case in years and years of posting. You actually get to make one. Ever.

/not bitter

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I am not a good dog

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    At least Shadow of Mordor had the common sense of making a shitty version of the game for the 360 and PS3 so that the next gen version could really shine.

Boy I have the inverse opinion. The exclusion of the nemesis system notwithstanding though, looking purely at the aesthetics.

I thought PS4 DA:I for the most part looked good, often really pretty. Some great looking nature in it.

PS4 Mordor though I thought looked extremely dated and like a texture pack applied to cubes. Like the whole first area is all about dirt and cliffs but the cliffs were all boxes with some minimal attempt at detail in some places.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    You are Gronan Headsplitter, scourge of the seven duchies of Thraag. You stride confidently towards the fortress. Movement catches your keen eyes, and two Mountain Trolls advance, each swinging a club as big as a man's leg easily in one hand.

Do you try and parley with the trolls? If so, turn to page 78.

Parley is for weaklings! Charge the trolls, sword drawn and a snarling battle-cry on your lips. Turn to page 17.

Bogart on
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    I am not a good dog

You can be if you try

No dog is beyond being good

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Those are some weak 1-seeds. Gonna be a bloodbath of Cinderella stories.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I choo choo choose....You

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I'ma start a violent outlaw motorcycle club called the Good Boys. We'll be monsters, but our jackets will have a cute corgi on the back. No millennial jury will ever convict.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I literally didn't know what the PS Pro was called or that it was out

I am a grand mother who buys the wrong video games for "the Nintendo" and disappoints her grandchildren

• Options
    I'ma start a violent outlaw motorcycle club called the Good Boys. We'll be monsters, but our jackets will have a cute corgi on the back. No millennial jury will ever convict.

Fatal flaw is millennials don't do jury duty

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I am not a good dog

You can be if you try

wqvyzmsgqlh5.png

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Taco Dibbits

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Omg Bogart this will be fun

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Hi chat! How are ya?

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I literally didn't know what the PS Pro was called or that it was out

I am a grand mother who buys the wrong video games for "the Nintendo" and disappoints her grandchildren

The real PS Pro is the consoles we MacGyver'd along the way

• Options
    edited March 2017
    You are Rex, a good dog. You pad towards the big thing with the pointy bits on top. Two big not-dogs come towards you. Neither of them is master. Where is master?

Make friends and sniff the two not-dogs by turning to page 89.

Bare your fangs and prepare to attack the not-dogs. Turn to page 378.

Bogart on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I am not a good dog

You can be if you try

wqvyzmsgqlh5.png

Don Bluth for Best Animator of the Forever

• Options
    I am not a good dog

You can be if you try

wqvyzmsgqlh5.png

He's the pinnacle example. He rejects his get out of hell free card and goes and earns his status as good dog

• Options
    Hi chat! How are ya?

P Good. You?

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Staring Tugg Snowbarger and Chito Peppler

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Sushi dinner yesterday.

Samurai Roll
    Spicy tuna, cucumber, eel, sweet tofu, tempura flake, eel & spicy sauce, masago on top

Vegas Roll
    Deep fried in bread crumbs, crab, shrimp tempura, cream cheese, spicy crab w/ eel sauce on the top

good shit.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Side effects of low unemployment:
    djBCYj9.jpg

Workers attempting to scrub off the paint splashed at the Modern Montessori International on the third floor at The Pinnacle@ Duxton on Jan 14, 2016.

Elena Chong

Court Correspondent

SINGAPORE - A Thai national who splashed red paint on a pre-school where a debtor's children had attended was sentenced to 15 months' jail and three strokes of the cane on Wednesday (March 15).

Samroeng Sompop, 33, left the same evening by taxi after completing the loan shark harassment job at Modern Montessori International (MMI) pre-school on the third-level of a block at The Pinnacle@Duxton on Jan 13 last year.

He pleaded guilty to causing annoyance to the childcare centre staff with Lee Tiow Kiong, 56, while acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender known as Kelvin in connection with a loan taken by the debtor.

About 30 debtor's notes with "O$P$" written on them were found on the floor nearby. The notes contained the names of the debtor and his family as well as their home address at one of the seven blocks at the residential complex.

Two "Super Big Gulp" cups stained with red paint and wrapped in a plastic bag were found on the floor.

Investigations showed that the debtor had taken a loan from a loan shark, known as Ah Siao, in August 2015 and had subsequently defaulted on payments.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Amanda Sum said due to the harassment from unlicensed moneylenders at home and at his workplace from late September 2015, the debtor moved out and transferred his two children to another childcare centre.

Sompop was arrested at Changi Airport on Feb 16 this year after his identity was established.

Police had arrested Lee for a separate offence of loan shark harassment in March last year.

Lee revealed during investigations that he had also committed the loan shark harassment at the MMI pre-school with Sompop by driving him there.

The court heard that Sompop had come to Singapore on Jan 13 2016 on an all-expense paid trip sponsored by a person called Max, whom he knew from Thailand.

Lee had picked him up that day from the hotel and told him that he would give him 20,000 baht (S$802) to commit harassment at the pre-school.

After Sompop completed the job, Lee drove him to Queen Street where he took a taxi to Johor Baru, and eventually made his way back to Thailand.

Lee has been dealt with.

The maximum penalty for unlicensed moneylending harassment is five years' jail, a $50,000 fine and six strokes of the cane.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Hi chat! How are ya?

Sick and getting sicker but enjoying tunes and my morning bus commute and still full of warm fuzzy pax feels

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Oh god, Wingpersons.

We have a dating emergency.

I have a date tomorrow night. But I feel a cold sore coming on just below my lower lip. If I get some of that cold sore medicine quickly will it be ok? Goddamnit I want more kissings.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Sushi dinner yesterday.

Samurai Roll
    Spicy tuna, cucumber, eel, sweet tofu, tempura flake, eel & spicy sauce, masago on top

Vegas Roll
    Deep fried in bread crumbs, crab, shrimp tempura, cream cheese, spicy crab w/ eel sauce on the top

good shit.

I would say we are ruining the idea of sushi​ except for in real actual Japan I had a Philly cheese steak roll so I guess the disease is systemic at this point

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Gronan Headsplitter does not wage wars of aggression. I do not fear these trolls just because they are different than me. I do not cross to the other side of the street or lock my doors when a troll comes through the neighborhood. I choose to parlay.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Oh god, Wingpersons.

We have a dating emergency.

I have a date tomorrow night. But I feel a cold sore coming on just below my lower lip. If I get some of that cold sore medicine quickly will it be ok? Goddamnit I want more kissings.

depends on how bad it is.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    You approach the trolls, hands spread wide in friendship. "Now then, lads, why not let me pass? I'm sure you don't get paid much for guarding the old miser's fortress. If I come out with treasure I'll split it with you. Maybe I'll kill the old man and take over. It could mean a promotion, lads."

The trolls look at each other, thinking hard, but after their dull minds process your offer, their savage grins and raised clubs tell you without words that you have failed.

Turn to page 17, but take one point of Shame for trying to reason with such monsters.

Bogart on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Hi chat! How are ya?

P Good. You?

Can't complain! It's warm and beautiful here, whereas my fam in the north east is under a million feet or so of snow. Condolences to you chatters dealing with that weather. I was supposed to fly to PHL tonight for a work thing. That work thing got postponed so I am stoked that I don't have to travel right now.

But yeah things are chill. Counting the days until my trip to Europe in May. Can't come soon enough!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Sushi dinner yesterday.

Samurai Roll

Vegas Roll

good shit.

I would say we are ruining the idea of sushi​ except for in real actual Japan I had a Philly cheese steak roll so I guess the disease is systemic at this point

I eat traditional rolls too. but its fun to try different crazy rolls.

Bless your heart.
This discussion has been closed.