As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox Live] KoToR, Ninja Gaiden Black, Crimson Skies and more coming to Xbox Original BC

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I don't care about the tech. Just tell me when I can make my Agent rigid and hard for times lasting over four hours with the power of Orbs.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    That may be the best contextless top of the page posts ever.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I can't wait for Crackdown 3. The first game is seriously one of my favorite games, I sunk hours into it. I need that transforming truck back. I spent a lot of time getting the truck up the Agent Tower, and used it to kill several gang members (now that I'm thinking about it 10 years later the premise is pretty dark).

Local H Jay on
    Oh hell yes
    The Disney Afternoon Collection will be available as a digital download across North America and Europe for $19.99 / £15.99/ €19.99 starting on April 18, 2017 on PlayStation4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.

Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!

Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.

DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.

DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!

TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.
    http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/03/capcom-announces-the-disney-afternoon-collection-revamping-6-classic-video-games-with-hd-style/

a bit sad they aren't bringing the HD Ducktales remake forward but I'll take it

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Ubisoft "We have a 60% sale on all things Far Cry 4!"

Does that mean that you finally have the Far Cry 4 Valley of the Yeti DLC 60% off then?

"... No, it does not."

Well, okay then.

Sirialis on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh hell yes
    The Disney Afternoon Collection will be available as a digital download across North America and Europe for $19.99 / £15.99/ €19.99 starting on April 18, 2017 on PlayStation4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.

Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!

Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.

DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.

DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!

TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.
    http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/03/capcom-announces-the-disney-afternoon-collection-revamping-6-classic-video-games-with-hd-style/

DuckTales HD is back compatible though

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Ubisoft "We have a 60% sale on all things Far Cry 4!"

Does that mean that you finally have the Far Cry 4 Valley of the Yeti DLC 60% off then?

"... No, it does not."

Well, okay then.

This has been your monthly instance of Siri mad that the only DLC he doesn't have for a particular game isn't part of a bulk sale.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    Oh hell yes

True, though if they really wanted my money they'd redo all those games that way and I'd plop 60 for that right now

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    WTF is Gwent? I got an invite to its closed beta. Offhand I know it's tied to the Witcher games that I've never played, but yeah.

WTF is Gwent?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    WTF is Gwent? I got an invite to its closed beta. Offhand I know it's tied to the Witcher games that I've never played, but yeah.

WTF is Gwent?

It's a digital collectible card game.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Medieval Yu-gi-oh

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    I FUCKING LOVE YUGIOH

I also got a Gwent beta invite.

A little puzzling since my profile has never played a Witcher game.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Is standalone Gwent the same as the Gwent you play in The Witcher 3? Because it was really dumb...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Is standalone Gwent the same as the Gwent you play in The Witcher 3? Because it was really dumb...

I hated it too. I was surprised to find it was so well liked.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Oh hell yes

True, though if they really wanted my money they'd redo all those games that way and I'd plop 60 for that right now

i'm torn between thinking we'll get those if the collection does will enough, and thinking that maybe Duck Tales HD didn't do well enough to warrant a full over haul of other games. so this is either a test bed or a compromise.

Skull2185 wrote: »

It's basically the same game. There's a good argument to be made that the game is technically deep, but it's so incredibly bland and uninspiring overall that I don't really think it's worth it.

while I could just google this, I don't want Witcher related stuff creeping into the "targeted content" ads and whatnot.

so, outside of a card game, what is Gwent?

Is it closer to M:TG, Triple Triad or something else?

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Oh hell yes

This is the Capcom USA guys who did the Mega Man collection with 1-6. Ducktales HD was Wayforward.

Oh hell yes

This is the Capcom USA guys who did the Mega Man collection with 1-6. Ducktales HD was Wayforward.

Yeah, those ports were pretty good. I did like they included the scanlines mode. What I really need is a SNES gamepad for my xbox.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    @tastydonuts I would compare Gwent to a mix between Triple Triad, Top Trumps, & MTG.

There was (is?) a mod for the PC version of TW3 that replaced combat encounters with Gwent. It was fairly popular.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    while I could just google this, I don't want Witcher related stuff creeping into the "targeted content" ads and whatnot.

so, outside of a card game, what is Gwent?

Is it closer to M:TG, Triple Triad or something else?

It's a fancy War, more like? You play three rounds with your deck and you need to win two. Each card you play has a raw numerical value, like, 5-20, and most have some sort of ability, like destroy an opposing card or add 2 to all of your 5's. You want to win each round by the smallest margin possible, since cards are your limited resource. So generally if you win you win round 1, lose round 2, win round 3.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    @tastydonuts I would compare Gwent to a mix between Triple Triad, Top Trumps, & MTG.

There was (is?) a mod for the PC version of TW3 that replaced combat encounters with Gwent. It was fairly popular.

There should be a mod that replaces each instance where you're forced to play Gwent with a short cutscene of Geralt refusing and banging a hooker instead.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    OMG Poker Smash! I can't even remember if I own it, just that it was really fun.
    ebglvjvfyplx.jpg

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Oh hell yes

Digital Eclipse, actually. They did the MMLC and this.

In other news...

"I finally have a Kinect for my Xbox One!" -- Things No One Expected to Hear from Anyone, Ever

I got one used for under $50. I have no interest (or room) for the motion gaming, so I didn't want to pay full price. But I am enjoying the voice commands (since my cable box has to go through the Xbox One), and I look forward to using it to help with streaming multiplayer games.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    and i got a notification from TrueAchievements.com saying that Dead Rising 2: Case Zero is also BC. not the upgrade some were hoping for, but better than nothing i suppose.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Oh hell yes

In other news...

"I finally have a Kinect for my Xbox One!" -- Things No One Expected to Hear from Anyone, Ever

I got one used for under $50. I have no interest (or room) for the motion gaming, so I didn't want to pay full price. But I am enjoying the voice commands (since my cable box has to go through the Xbox One), and I look forward to using it to help with streaming multiplayer games.

Yeah, that's their company name, but the interesting thing (that I was referencing) is that they were hired by Capcom USA because Capcom Japan does not give a fuck about Mega Man. See also: these Disney Afternoon games most likely.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Which Japanese company pisses on their loved-in-america franchise more, Nintendo with Metroid or Capcom with Megaman?

Oh hell yes

In other news...

Where'd you find one for $50? Looking for a second one.

Which Japanese company pisses on their loved-in-america franchise more, Nintendo with Metroid or Capcom with Megaman?

Konami with everything?

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

Konami with everything?

I love Silent Hill so much :cry:

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Speaking of Konami!

Need a new Xbox One controller? One of the fancy third revision models that would look better in black? Don't own Metal Gear Solid V?

You can get them both for $40 on eBay from NewEgg.

I don't own MGSV because....I'm not a fan of the series despite multiple attempts to force myself to like it, and even I think this is a good deal.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Are the 3rd revision controllers the ones with bluetooth?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    Yes, also called Gen3, etc.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    That is a good deal. Want one just for my pc and mgs5 is something i've been wanting for a while.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    If I upgrade to one of the newer controllers from the one that came with my system will it fix the issue where my controller randomly disconnects, or is that an issue with the console itself?

I'm noticing it happening a lot more while playing the ME games on BC, but it still would happen rarely while playing current games like Overwatch.

edited March 2017
    Sounds like a possible Gen1 controller issue, I havent had that problem personally but one of my friends still have that problem regularly with his current controller.

If you are able, you could borrow another controller (preferably not a Gen1) from a friend and see if it acts any differently?

Sirialis on
    I'm almost certain that's not a Gen1 issue, but a lemon/your particular controller issue--mostly because I know people with the new white controllers with the same issue.

I on the other hand have launch controllers, and they're extremely reliable--but I don't use them often.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Oh hell yes

In other news...

Where'd you find one for $50? Looking for a second one.

EB Games.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
This discussion has been closed.