As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The old [Giant Bomb] thread!

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    is there a vod of the ME stream anywhere? Not sure where it archives before Jason uploads it to site

J3qcnBP.png
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    It's still up on their Twitch archive.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    woo found it

this game looks rough

J3qcnBP.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    It seems like ME:A needs to go back into cryosleep for another fiscal quarter.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    YouTube video is up,

https://youtu.be/FGs-pLmDd1s

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

that's the thing that bums me out is that i know a bunch of poor fuckers crunched for way too long just to get it to this state, so that their CEOs could point to financials

liEt3nH.png
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm playing the trial, haven't made it past where they stopped, but while the animations are rough, the gameplay is still really fun if you liked ME3.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    oh my goddd the voice acting and character animations in the first 20 minutes are so bad that i almost can't believe it's real.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Considering the amount of dialogues in a game like this. If the animations are this quality throughout then this seems more than a year off from being ready.

PSN: Honkalot
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

that's the thing that bums me out is that i know a bunch of poor fuckers crunched for way too long just to get it to this state, so that their CEOs could point to financials

Honestly bums me out about every single release, even the good ones,

As someone who thinks about software development best practices everyday professionally, I wish the game industry would adopt some more modern practices. It sounds like a meat grinder right now.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    too much meat available for the grinder for change

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I can't get over the dialog. I know the animations are so bad but this writing and delivery is horrible.

No one talks like this. There are weird pauses at exactly the wrong time. . .

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    All the models look like they've taken massive shots of botox to the forehead.

Blows my mind how bad the character models and animations look.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah...it's weird because DA:I never looked this off. I payed my 5$ for Origin Access so I can try this out first hand (why Sony why). I actually liked DA:I unlike the duders but it's really hard NOT to notice the janky animations thanks to the internet.

Here's hoping the PC version runs fine on my trusty 970. And that it has Steam Controller support. :rotate:

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Drew hit $20k on his Patreon, which means "Increased Trip Frequency". I wonder if he actually expected to hit that number? Only one more goal left. $30k means he can hire support staff.

I look forward to his first travelogue.

Listened to the first 20 minutes of the new Beastcast this morning, and the majority of that time they discussed numismatics.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Aww yiss!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    No Fast and Furious commentary yet?

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    They go up later in the day, in a couple of hours.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Yeah just didn't see it on the update list, it's there now. (10AM Pacific)

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah...it's weird because DA:I never looked this off. I payed my 5$ for Origin Access so I can try this out first hand (why Sony why). I actually liked DA:I unlike the duders but it's really hard NOT to notice the janky animations thanks to the internet.

Here's hoping the PC version runs fine on my trusty 970. And that it has Steam Controller support. :rotate:

There were some weird facial animations in DA:I, but overall it looked way better than this on virtually ever level, it's totally bonkers how much worse this looks

You're forgetting DA:I's shiny hair. I had to go bald cuz boy that DA:I hair.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    I many very many talk about games all the time.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It does make me curious as to how often that actually works.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00

Sadly, it probably has a success rate similar to all those Nigerian Princes that email folks...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Listened to the first 20 minutes of the new Beastcast this morning, and the majority of that time they discussed numismatics.

A welcome change

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Oh man that makes me so happy.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I kinda want to get in on this now, but I dont want to buy a 7 movie set in a 10+ movie series. Are these on Netflix?

edited March 2017
    I know Tokyo Drift was on Netflix....I haven't checked the other ones.

lionheart_m on
    edited March 2017
    I kinda want to get in on this now, but I dont want to buy a 7 movie set in a 10+ movie series. Are these on Netflix?

Not at all, I hunted around and couldn't really find any of them on the usual streaming sites.

Me and my wife are up to 6 at this point though - and we didn't actually realize we had never actually watched the fourth movie before this run.

FuriousJodo on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I know Tokyo Drift was on Netflix....I haven't the checked the other ones.

Was being the key here

None of them are available for streaming

Best option is either to buy the collection ($48 for the bluray set), or rent each one digitally ($21-28 when all is said and done, depending on where you digitally rent it)

As a librarian, I feel obligated to urge people to check their local libraries to see if they carry the series on DVD. My current one has a lot of the movies available.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I know Tokyo Drift was on Netflix....I haven't the checked the other ones.

Was being the key here

None of them are available for streaming

Best option is either to buy the collection ($48 for the bluray set), or rent each one digitally ($21-28 when all is said and done, depending on where you digitally rent it)

Or, if you've still got a Netflix DVD sub, i think you can get them there as well.

edited March 2017
    edit wrong thread

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    didnt they fix the "bug" of startup frames of a Giant Bomb not teching

like, before it was you had to react to a Giant Bomb with tech timing, which meant sometimes you got Giant Bomb'd out of your own Giant Bomb's startups

but now then made all startup frames of a Giant Bomb auto tech as well?
    idgi

jCyyTSo.png
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    didnt they fix the "bug" of startup frames of a GB not teching

like, before it was you had to react to a GB with tech timing, which meant sometimes you got GB'd out of your own GB's startups

but now then made all startup frames of a GB auto tech as well?

At ease, loosah.

Kreutz on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

Sadly, it probably has a success rate similar to all those Nigerian Princes that email folks...

I actually work for a Nigerian Prince. I was at work one day when his American wife got one of those emails and started reading it out loud. She thought it was hilarious.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    wrong threado friendo

J3qcnBP.png
This discussion has been closed.