As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gamestop Contact Info

Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
I'm in a bit of a battle with Gamestop over a mail order. Does anyone happen to have an email address for corporate that isn't the Contact Us on the website or a phone number to reach someone that can take action on online orders?

If you're curious this has been the experience:
2/17/17 placed an order for a Con Bag of Holding and a few DS games for PAX East
2/17/17 got shipping confirmations for all (split into 4 shipments)
At this time, one shipment showed "Just shipped" and UPS showed "Shipping label created" but unlike the other 3 pieces, it never changed. This likely indicates the store never shipped the actual parcel.
2/25/17 I used the Contact Us form on the website asking for an update
2/26/17 Got a response stating I already received my items (clearly referring to one of the other shipments in the same order) - I wrote back clarifying.
I never heard back.
3/2/17 Contact Us form online again - reviewing exactly what had happened
3/2/17 Heard back that they would fix the issue and I'd have my games in 4-7 business days
3/14/17 Responded back to this email letting them know I haven't received my games, received no new shipping confirmation, no update and that at this point I'd like a manager to contact me. I was also slightly fired up at this point and let them know that as a consumer, I'm probably done shopping with them unless they take some steps to apologize.

As of today - nothing from that email. It's not like it's a huge order, it's literally just 3 old DS puzzle games, but the reason I bought the games has sort of come and gone, and frankly it's now just that I want them to answer for their shitty service.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Twitter might be a good next step while you're looking/waiting for an email address to contact.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Yeah, start going to social media while contacting the folks you have been. They don't want this stuff to appear and will get with you probably faster than customer support the more visible you get.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Gamsestop's website hasn't worked for me in over 10 years. Every time I try to log in, no matter from what computer or internet browser; it says there's an issue with my account and it can't process my request. I fought with them for 2 years over it and they refuse to do anything about it.

My advice would be to work with your credit card and do a chargeback, Gamestop does not give a shit at this point; if their automated system fails they have no ability to do anything else.

Magic Pink on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Thanks - I'll push on Twitter and if that fails I'll do a chargeback (maybe, I got 3/4 of my order so I don't know if I can do that).

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Thanks - I'll push on Twitter and if that fails I'll do a chargeback (maybe, I got 3/4 of my order so I don't know if I can do that).

Until you receive 4/4 of your order, you can still chargeback.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    If you go into a physical location, recognizing that the manager there had nothing to do with your problem and being super polite, not venting, you might be able to get some support.

What is this I don't even.
    I'm going in tomorrow or Saturday to get my preordered Binding of Isaac so maybe I'll ask them then.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    A general tip I learned from Clark Howard (I need to publicize this more because it's uncanny how well it works):

Google the name of the company plus "investor relations."

Specifically for Gamestop, you get:

http://investor.gamestop.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=130125&p=irol-irhome

Scroll all the way down, and you have the contact info for the VP of Public and Investor Relations.

If you do end up contacting that person, stick as much to the facts as possible, and keep hyperbole out of your email/discussion. Don't jump to conclusions. Once you state your case, point out that you reached out in a moment of frustration (or because you felt you had nowhere else to go for help), and that you don't want this one bad experience to sour your relationship with the company as a whole.

Went into the store yesterday and the manager called the support line and supposedly my games will be here Monday or Tuesday. He got a tracking number on one of the orders, so I'm going to trust it's going to show up. In fact, I was happy enough to boost his pre-orders while I was there with Has Been Heroes.