As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ME Andromeda: Early Impressions Out, Divert All Power To Spoiler Tags

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    But but my waifu Liara....

Guys, will this run fine on a 970? I just want to Steam Link this game but I had a bad experience with Titanfall and some framedrops with DA:I.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    The only good Asari is Aria

The bartender

the bartender is very good

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

Guys, will this run fine on a 970? I just want to Steam Link this game but I had a bad experience with Titanfall and some framedrops with DA:I.

I literally have a 970 personally and get 60fps on High.

No Ultra for you, but there you go.

Pony on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

You could always grab a month of Origin access to trail it. Even without Mass Effect there's some real gems on that service (Aragami, Furi, Mini Metro).

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I've been having issues and I have a 1060

Might be cause I only have 8 gigs of ram and they suggest 16 though

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

What processor are you running?

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    16 gb of ram? I finally need to upgrade my ram? :(

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

What processor are you running?

An i5, you'll have to wait until I crawl out of bed to get more details than that as I'm on my phone and just got up.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Samara was great you bunch of chumps

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Also, it doesn't help with a lot of shitty ports I don't know what Ultra is for quite some time on my PC.

• Options
    I will post my full specs after breakfast, it's running just fine on my machine on high.

I did have to upgrade to 16gb of RAM recently but beyond that my machine is a year old.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Shout out to the cool green Asari you save from the Thorian too

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The following Asari are good:

Aria
    Liara
    Aethyta
    Samara
    Shiala
    Ereba

Pony on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

Aria
    Liara
    Aethyta
    Samara
    Shiala
    Ereba

Morinth.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Rainfall wrote: »

Aria
    Liara
    Aethyta
    Samara
    Shiala
    Ereba

Morinth.

Weird definition of good that includes sexual predators that hit up teenagers.

Pony on
  • Options
    hi guys I have a great idea about our race of aliens that can fuck anything and look like svelte blue sex aliens, how about sometimes they can fuck to kill

i'm a writer

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

Aria
    Liara
    Aethyta
    Samara
    Shiala
    Ereba

Morintha

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

Aria
    Liara
    Aethyta
    Samara
    Shiala
    Ereba

That lady what done got indoctrinated and if you save her twice she goes on a murder spree in 3.

Also the Asari Spectre in LotSB.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Shout out to the cool green Asari you save from the Thorian too

Yeah a legit good un

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    'Fuck to Kill' is my fifth favourite JCVD movie

• Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    hi guys I have a great idea about our race of aliens that can fuck anything and look like svelte blue sex aliens, how about sometimes they can fuck to kill

i'm a writer

At least they did the right thing and added a bunch of Dracula references to that quest.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    cursedking wrote: »

i'm a writer

Sounds perfect for a pulpy sci fi setting, you're hired

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Oh make sure to hit up the multi at least once on the Origin Access trial because you get a boatload of free "loyalty" packs for owning previous BioWare games... which are included as part of Origin Access, lol.

Like I got a shit ton of free characters and weapons unlocked for multi because I basically "own" all the previous ME and DA games through Origin Access.

This may not be true next month, although tbh Access is a good deal and if they give me free shit in MEA multi each month...

• Options
    Fuck...I own ME1 on Steam...can I redeem that on Origin?

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

I would argue that the way your steam link is set up (wifi or cables?) will be more of a factor.

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Also RE: SiliconStew
    The Hyperion doesn't know that! The Hyperion goes in with standard First Contact Protocol: arm yourselves to the teeth, shout questions twice, scream and kill until there's no one left and then shoot the corpse a bunch to demonstrate your rage.

Also new complaint: the Pathfinder team goes straight to within walking distance of a gigantic energy beacon storm deal.

Why did they not... go to the calmer side of the planet?

What does having a team that walks around on the planet even do for the Hyperion? What does the Pathfinder do in a normal situation? Do they have hyper-advanced instruments that need live samples or like... like why are they walking around down there, and why are they just so happening to walk around right next to a big electrical storm thing so that they're close enough to shut it off when they realize that's what it is?

Like it just seems like they go "well, visually it looks fucked. Go down and check with your own two eyeballs if it still looks pretty fucked."

Also why the fuck are their helmets breakable glass? They have mass effect fields, they have cameras with enormous resolutions, they don't need GLASS. We barely need glass and we're NOT hyper-advanced!

I mean this is just me getting way too into the weeds about a thing I ain't played so that's silly BUT basically yeah where ME1 made me think oh shiiiit I can't believe this in terms of the jump from KOTOR to this beautiful 70's space opera thing, this is just... it's so violent and none of the details work as far as I've seen.
    I wouldn't call only grabbing a sidearm "arming yourselves to the teeth". And there's two sides to first contact. The Kett are an invading army that has been aware of your existence for years so they don't care about Hyperion's ignorance on the state of affairs, whose first witnessed action is to execute one of your crew they found at a crash site, and who then open fire at the first sight of you. It's not the "humans immediately land shock troops and starts massacring the natives" that you're making it out to be.

As far immediately charging down to the planet in the middle of an emergency, papa Ryder is apparently an impatient asshole.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Papa Ryder
    He's the worst kind of toxic masculinity bullshit space fucko. I hate him so much. It infuriates me that the game is going to fellate him as a 'hero' throughout when he's clearly a shitty dad and person.

Giving me a stroke and shoving an AI into my brain irreversibly without consent isn't cool.

• Options
    For those of you who don't know who Ereba is, she's the "Blue Rose of Ilium", the Asari that a Krogan is trying to woo on Ilium with love poetry in ME2, and you can convince/dissuade them from being together/staying together and they come up again in 3 and they have a sweet and touching story.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    From what I've seen they all went into a room and said "ok, how much can we double down on the stuff Tube hated about Dragon Age 3?"

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    From what I've seen they all went into a room and said "ok, how much can we double down on the stuff Tube hated about Dragon Age 3?"

Is this not a game where we can mainline the good stuff if we want to?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

Yeah I'm really torn on whether or not I'll bother. I've got Horizon and Nier to fiddle with still, and WH: Total War, and I feel like Andromeda will just slowly make me hate it like how DAI did.

But it's Bioware, yknow?

• Options
    So, interestingly, Scott and Sara are different and distinct characters who do have different dialogue choices and backstories.

Like, at the same point in the game, you will get different dialogue options depending on whether you are playing Scott or Sara.

I have seen some anger online about this, including outright accusations of sexism, but it's important to remember this isn't like the previous trilogy where Shepard's gender was a quantum waveform that collapsed into a static state when you the player chose. Scott and Sara (or Mork and Mindy or whatever name you choose for them) are both characters in the game, they both exist, they both have backstories already, you are choosing to play one or the other. It's closer to Dragon Age Origins in that respect.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So, interestingly, Scott and Sara are different and distinct characters who do have different dialogue choices and backstories.

Like, at the same point in the game, you will get different dialogue options depending on whether you are playing Scott or Sara.

I have seen some anger online about this, including outright accusations of sexism, but it's important to remember this isn't like the previous trilogy where Shepard's gender was a quantum waveform that collapsed into a static state when you the player chose. Scott and Sara (or Mork and Mindy or whatever name you choose for them) are both characters in the game, they both exist, they both have backstories already, you are choosing to play one or the other. It's closer to Dragon Age Origins in that respect.

Hey this sounds like a good and positive thing to me!

• Options
    I'd rather have that than a quantum state

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    As long as the siblings' back stories aren't "While the study Scott and wrestled Krogans in bars, Sara constantly racked thousands of credits of debt from shopping " I'm cool with differing back stories.

• Options
    Dragon Age Origins had Quantum Duncan

Technically all the DAO characters existed, what you were really choosing in character creation was Duncan's location at the time. If you chose Human Noble, then he happened to be in Highever when then Couslands were attacked. If you chose the City Elf, he happened to be in Denerim at the time. If you didn't choose those, though, the Couslands still got attacked... there just wasn't any survivors, and the incident at the wedding in the Alienage still happened... it just went poorly for the elves. And so on and so forth.

Duncan's location varies based on what Origin you choose. He is at no fixed point in space or time, until he suddenly is. Hence he is Quantum Duncan.

• Options
    Dragon Age Origins had Quantum Duncan

Technically all the DAO characters existed, what you were really choosing in character creation was Duncan's location at the time. If you chose Human Noble, then he happened to be in Highever when then Couslands were attacked. If you chose the City Elf, he happened to be in Denerim at the time. If you didn't choose those, though, the Couslands still got attacked... there just wasn't any survivors, and the incident at the wedding in the Alienage still happened... it just went poorly for the elves. And so on and so forth.

Duncan's location varies based on what Origin you choose. He is at no fixed point in space or time, until he suddenly is. Hence he is Quantum Duncan.

I really liked this about DAO actually.

More dad Ryder thoughts
    The blatant nepotism is really gross too. Both his kids are on the Pathfinder team? Okay, sure, that's not weird. Then he subverts protocol and succession planning to make his kid the Pathfinder? NOT COOL. Fuck you, dad!

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    As long as the siblings' back stories aren't "While the study Scott and wrestled Krogans in bars, Sara constantly racked thousands of credits of debt from shopping " I'm cool with differing back stories.

You mean like in Fallout 4 how the husband was a grizzled war veteran and the wife was a civilian lawyer?

Pony on
  • Options
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »

You mean like in Fallout 4 how the husband was a grizzled war veteran and the wife was a civilian lawyer?

I really dislike fallout so I never played it but hahahaha seriously?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Wyborn wrote: »

Is this not a game where we can mainline the good stuff if we want to?

From the sound of it there's not a lot of good stuff.

DAI was widely lauded when it came out and I ended up hating it, so I was going to ignore all the positive stuff that came out in favour of waiting a few months for the shakeout. Instead... everyone seems to hate it.

This discussion has been closed.