As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Choose Your Own [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    calling someone a bad kisser is an awesome backdoor compliment because it implies you've smooched on a lot of people and are most likely a good kisser yourself nice move

But

But the bad kissers are always guys

nah

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Preacher wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I want to have short but memorable relationships with half the women hanging out at this cafe. Also, why does liaison sound both pretentious and creepy? Is it because of that one French movie.

Most french words for things make things sound lecherous.

la proposition. Sick.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Man Earthbound had some amazing music.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    you have to ask yourself, do you want to kiss a bad kisser until they possibly improve, though

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Pretty chilly tonight. Still, nephews coming up tomorrow. <3

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    i am somewhat dismissive of bad at kissing/sex/blowjobs/etc in terms of a reason to cancel a relationship (presuming the intent of the relationship was a search for a long term partner)

these are all things that can easily be improved with practice and communication

It's not why I stopped calling her

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    calling someone a bad kisser is an awesome backdoor compliment because it implies you've smooched on a lot of people and are most likely a good kisser yourself nice move

But

But the bad kissers are always guys

nah

I JUST CALLED YOU A BAD KISSER THUS PROVING MY OWN WORTH AS A GOOD KISSER HAHA I USED YOUR TRICK

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I want to have short but memorable relationships with half the women hanging out at this cafe. Also, why does liaison sound both pretentious and creepy? Is it because of that one French movie.

Most french words for things make things sound lecherous.

la proposition. Sick.

La fin du monde means orgasm mountain

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    a
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    yeah it's like

Not a "Nice Guy", just a nice guy: Friend dude picked up a prescription for me because I was on a tight schedule and it was about to get shelved again. He did this just because he's my friend.

"Nice Guy" behaviour: Downstairs housemate dude loaned me hangers when I moved in, offered me beer and talked about trying to integrate me into housemate stuff. Eventually made comments about my ass which I said I was uncomfortable with. Eventually made more comments after that and then when I was like "dude no" basically stopped talking to me and has been mostly cold and obnoxious since.

Sad that #2 is usurped because that is just a guy that is not nice.

yes that's the point, Nice Guys aren't actually nice people, they just think they are and act like they are until it becomes clear that they can't get anything out of it

Ill just say disagree. I find exception with that terminology but people these days like to appropriate and relabel everything.

I would also disagree. I feel like ppl can be so jaded they wouldn't know nice if it hit them in the face. There are truly nice guys. There really are guys who are just nice without other motives.

No one has, at any point, said otherwise? The whole thing is that capital-letter Nice Guy is an Internet Term for guys that think they're nice, and think they're owed something for it, and generally throw a tantrum when they don't get it. It comes from the guys themselves, because they kind of band together in 4chan/reddit type spots to commiserate about how their "niceness" would get them laid if women didn't suck.

of course there are nice dudes, my first example was of a nice dude

I've never heard of that term....
    I am finding I have very little patience with the type of argument that attacks the person for not caring about a "worse cause" just cause that's not what they're fighting against this very minute

why do you care so much about women's rights here when women in the middle east get stoned to death

the real travel ban is what China is doing to repatriate NK fugitives

obviously I have a lot of distaste for anyone that continues to support Trump's shitty policies, but I guess I really have even more distaste for someone that won't even advance a positive argument for or against something and instead tries to pretend the real issue is somewhere else

fking stand up for what you believe in you fucking coward

The particular instance you're talking about was so passive aggressive too.

I forget how that dude is related to you and/or Porp, but he's a major toolbag.

he is my uncle

i have been giving him a pass because his wife has been going through the most hellish 16 months of chemo I've ever heard of

but she's done now and I'm tired of his shit

I've said it before, but fuck that. Chemo isn't a free fucking pass to be a drunk idiot who spews dumb and idiotic words.

no it's not, but he was under enough stress that i considered it the lesser evil to just ignore his posts

shrug

I did ignore them. But I curse him in my head every time he chimes in.
    Chemo is a free pass for the person receiving the Chemo. You get to be a dick. 6 month pass. The person taking the person to chemo, you can have a biweekly bitch session. 3 month free pass. I feel like that should be a codified social convention. Also if you are receiving Chemo, no speeding tickets ever.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    a
    Trace wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    I fucking LOVE myself.

I'm a goddamn national treasure.

I exist.

I am.

existence isn't a predicate

it's like no one even bothers to read the back half of the Critique of Pure Reason anymore.

hmm, is there a 5 minute youtube summary available

not one that you should watch?

the audiobook is 8 videos long with the first two being 2 hrs and 1.5 hours respectfully

there's a series of 4 intro videos that are 5 minutes a piece, and the 3rd video hasn't yet finished the Transcendental Aesthetic (which is literally like the first tiny bit.

The First Critique is fucking enormous, and it's impossible to do it in 5 minutes with any sort of scholarship

i feel like you misunderstood my post!

edit: to be clear, i was not asking in earnest. just being a shitter and riffing on your previous statement about people not reading.

oh

yeah

i don't always pick up on people not being earnest.

*walks away to sad music*

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Riemann you asked something akin to "Nargirl is clearly crazy. Why back her in this situation?"

And to that I say

A) consider the people who must have raised her

B) adventure!

C) It's been a while since I've mentioned that butt tho.

D) I almost went four bars without talking about my big dick.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Damn this chat moved fast

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    What are wealthy inheritors looking for in a man?

*cross fingers, whispers to self*

please say directionless schlub, please say directionless schlub, please say directionless schlub*

Huge dick.

Aren't we all looking for that?

• Options
    But also

Yah

All the guys I kissed were terrible at it

• Options
    god damn Hulk up in here

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    a
    yeah it's like

Not a "Nice Guy", just a nice guy: Friend dude picked up a prescription for me because I was on a tight schedule and it was about to get shelved again. He did this just because he's my friend.

"Nice Guy" behaviour: Downstairs housemate dude loaned me hangers when I moved in, offered me beer and talked about trying to integrate me into housemate stuff. Eventually made comments about my ass which I said I was uncomfortable with. Eventually made more comments after that and then when I was like "dude no" basically stopped talking to me and has been mostly cold and obnoxious since.

Sad that #2 is usurped because that is just a guy that is not nice.

yes that's the point, Nice Guys aren't actually nice people, they just think they are and act like they are until it becomes clear that they can't get anything out of it

Ill just say disagree. I find exception with that terminology but people these days like to appropriate and relabel everything.

I would also disagree. I feel like ppl can be so jaded they wouldn't know nice if it hit them in the face. There are truly nice guys. There really are guys who are just nice without other motives.

No one has, at any point, said otherwise? The whole thing is that capital-letter Nice Guy is an Internet Term for guys that think they're nice, and think they're owed something for it, and generally throw a tantrum when they don't get it. It comes from the guys themselves, because they kind of band together in 4chan/reddit type spots to commiserate about how their "niceness" would get them laid if women didn't suck.

of course there are nice dudes, my first example was of a nice dude

I've never heard of that term....
    I am finding I have very little patience with the type of argument that attacks the person for not caring about a "worse cause" just cause that's not what they're fighting against this very minute

why do you care so much about women's rights here when women in the middle east get stoned to death

the real travel ban is what China is doing to repatriate NK fugitives

obviously I have a lot of distaste for anyone that continues to support Trump's shitty policies, but I guess I really have even more distaste for someone that won't even advance a positive argument for or against something and instead tries to pretend the real issue is somewhere else

fking stand up for what you believe in you fucking coward

The particular instance you're talking about was so passive aggressive too.

I forget how that dude is related to you and/or Porp, but he's a major toolbag.

he is my uncle

i have been giving him a pass because his wife has been going through the most hellish 16 months of chemo I've ever heard of

but she's done now and I'm tired of his shit

I've said it before, but fuck that. Chemo isn't a free fucking pass to be a drunk idiot who spews dumb and idiotic words.

no it's not, but he was under enough stress that i considered it the lesser evil to just ignore his posts

shrug

I did ignore them. But I curse him in my head every time he chimes in.
    Chemo is a free pass for the person receiving the Chemo. You get to be a dick. 6 month pass. The person taking the person to chemo, you can have a biweekly bitch session. 3 month free pass. I feel like that should be a codified social convention. Also if you are receiving Chemo, no speeding tickets ever.

My beat-cancer brother is using it as a lifelong pass to steal from my parents

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Riemann you asked something akin to "Nargirl is clearly crazy. Why back her in this situation?"

And to that I say

A) consider the people who must have raised her

B) adventure!

C) It's been a while since I've mentioned that butt tho.

D) I almost went four bars without talking about my big dick.

you're a Canadian treasure ::hands Narwhal a copy of Twilight::

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Damn this chat moved fast

All thanks to Bogart

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    What are wealthy inheritors looking for in a man?

*cross fingers, whispers to self*

please say directionless schlub, please say directionless schlub, please say directionless schlub*

Huge dick.

Aren't we all looking for that?

Nah I need something that fits my anus better.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    we talking about big dicks?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    *blows a kiss*

Farewell Bogart chat

Neco on
  • Options
    Suns out Dicks out

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    kedinik wrote: »
    i am somewhat dismissive of bad at kissing/sex/blowjobs/etc in terms of a reason to cancel a relationship (presuming the intent of the relationship was a search for a long term partner)

these are all things that can easily be improved with practice and communication

It's not why I stopped calling her

yeah sorry i wasn't trying to attack you directly

just a related thought, as it's something that came up recently with a good friend (she's amazing! everything's awesome! except the sex) and i was like, ok dude maybe try and work on that with her instead of jumping straight to breaking up

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

wow! I actually almost bought one of these once, the idea seemed really cool, but I eventually decided that I wasn't certain enough about how it worked to drop $150 on it

jebus

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think my deadpan humor is primarily self effacing. It's just I straight-face a lot of jokes and eventually new people look at me like either I'm very stern or maybe mentally retarded

• Options
    Suns out Dicks out

wait, am i supposed to put it away when the sun isn't out?

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    M'lady Chat?

Nice Guy chat?

Kissing Evaluation chat?

What will the next OP adventure be

• Options
    Neco welcome to the good-kisser club, for people who kiss good

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 5.3

@Blameless Cleric will create the new thread
    @nexuscrawler is backup

• Options
    Every mouth is an adventure, and I want to be an explorer.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    i-BhQBzcm-L.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.