As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ME Andromeda: Early Impressions Out, Divert All Power To Spoiler Tags

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    These face options are very disappointing. Wish I could just change the default's hair color or default male's facial hair.

You can't change the defaults at all?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    These face options are very disappointing. Wish I could just change the default's hair color or default male's facial hair.

Not that I found. You can select the default or select 8(?) other faces that can be modified.

Also why is everyone left handed?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Woo just like old times

Just rubberbanded into a sync kill lol

That Old Familiar Feeling

I tell ya what, if I'm playing the MEA multi and I hear that banshee scream I am pretty sure I'll shit my entire pants.
    I kinda miss the Reapers. I'm not sure who these enemies are and why I should care. :(

I mean, they still get headbutted but good. But I sorta want motivation for my endless wars? :lol:

I suppose after playing the Single Player Campaign for 20 or 30 hours we will have plenty of motivation for slaughtering these new factions.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also all these options have super bad skin complexions. Do they not have moisturizer in the future?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    PC Gamer's coverage also refers to the game improving significantly as you get more into it

6F32U1X.png
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I was really looking forward to this game, but yeesh, how does this game look so bad? The animation, the lighting, the faces, it looks worse than Mass Effect 2.

I've cancelled my pre-order until I see how the full game shakes out, 'cos right now this looks fucked.

ZD98Zka.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    is there a more "gamer" phrase than "I'm cancelling my pre-order"

Edit: To clarify because im being flippant

I think pre-ordering games is sorta silly in general unless you're like 100% sure you're gonna buy it.

But if your faith is so easily shaken by like, some negative nancy reviews from youtubers and professional grumblers like Jeff Gurstman, why did you pre-order in the first place?

This is isn't Arkham Knight level "yo this game literally will not run" level bad. It's not "the hype was bogus, it's not the game people told you" No Man's Sky level bad.

It has some flaws and bugs. Many of which (the janky facial animations, for example) were evident in a lot of the previews and trailers, the sort of things you should have been investigating if you were pre-ordering.

idgi, man

Pony on
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I mean I literally just cancelled my pre-order with Amazon. How would you like me to phrase it?

ZD98Zka.png
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    in the form of a question please

EzUAYcn.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin

man, fuck off

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

How dare someone look at a product and make choices based on their opinion of it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Guys could we not be hostile about this. Its just a game at the end of the day.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I know the G&T thread is all about the multiplayer right now not just because the multiplayer is apparently really good but also because people don't want to like, get totally involved in the single-player story and then be prevented from playing it further for four or five more days.

Which is totally understandable.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I canceled my preorder for No Man's Sky when I saw that was a mess, so I guess I'm a true gamer, now

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to this game, but yeesh, how does this game look so bad? The animation, the lighting, the faces, it looks worse than Mass Effect 2.

I've cancelled my pre-order until I see how the full game shakes out, 'cos right now this looks fucked.

The lighting on my computer has actually been fantastic

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

man, fuck off

Alright sure

Peace

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I know the G&T thread is all about the multiplayer right now not just because the multiplayer is apparently really good but also because people don't want to like, get totally involved in the single-player story and then be prevented from playing it further for four or five more days.

Which is totally understandable.

This is why I only played an hour or so of SP.

Not to mention I'm buying on PS4 but only my X1 has EA Access so my progress won't transfer.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I have played no single player. I don't want to start that out and have to delay and I'll be playing that soon enough. Where as multi I can advance my stuff right now and get gud at the game.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I'm usually the person being really negative while (from my viewpoint) the fans are still trying to pretend that something is good.

I've spent like 2 years on these forums trashing Dragon Age Inquisition, and more generally the direction I perceived Bioware to be going.

And so far I have really enjoyed Andromeda!

Feeling like I need to talk people off the ledge about this game is the opposite of what I was expecting.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This kinda happens with almost every major game, I think

The weekend before there's a mass panic that it actually sucks

Remember when Dishonored was supposedly 4 hours long and Fallout 4 looked like an N64 game?

6F32U1X.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    This kinda happens with almost every major game, I think

The weekend before there's a mass panic that it actually sucks

Remember when Dishonored was supposedly 4 hours long and Fallout 4 looked like an N64 game?

Well one of those is true :rotate:

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Dishonored took me about 5 hours and is one of the biggest game disappointments I've probably ever had, but I don't remember hearing that before hand

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    I could probably run Dishonored in 4 hours.

There are a bunch of weird little things. Like in this cutscene on the first planet my character is holding a gun but the left land is just floating and the gun is over in a different place. Stuff that should have been noticed right away?

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Not sure if mentioned, but you can change the defaults. You have to "Accept" the new head before changing the customization tabs.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Video games are piss. It is known

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    There are a bunch of weird little things. Like in this cutscene on the first planet my character is holding a gun but the left land is just floating and the gun is over in a different place. Stuff that should have been noticed right away?

ME always had some weird cutscene issues. Like you'd magically have an avenger even if your class could not equip one. Or you'd have an avenger clipping through your actual equipped rifle.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    If I had a son who grew up to have facial hair like male Ryder I would drown him and not even cry

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    EA cheaping out on QA? nooooooooo it can't be

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular

Not that I found. You can select the default or select 8(?) other faces that can be modified.

Hmm, that kind of sucks. I know you can only mess with the presets, and couldn't really mold the faces that much, but it's weird that you can't adjust the defaults at all.

Preacher wrote: »

ME always had some weird cutscene issues. Like you'd magically have an avenger even if your class could not equip one. Or you'd have an avenger clipping through your actual equipped rifle.

But in the first twenty minutes? Devs looked at that and said, not that's fine.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    you can change both siblings' appearance, right?

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Christ is there no way to mute by default?

I keep getting people with always on mics that sound like a vacuum going constantly

And theres no easy way to mute people. You have to 'hover' over their name and hit x, but that hover might or might not have selected them. Actually clicking on their name brings up the origin overlay for some goddamn reason

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    This Korgans voice is killing me

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    you can change both siblings' appearance, right?

Yup

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    as other have said, my biggest problem with Modern Bioware is that they seem to be reluctant to iterate on the formula they know works

one of the best examples I have is that their idea of romance in video games hasn't evolved since mass effect 1

they've got Horny that belongs squarely in 2004

while the games are certainly workmanlike in quality, to the point where it can be easy for some people to overlook any major flaws, I expect them to improve on what they have

they've done it before, going from ME 1 to ME 2

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular

It's our revenge for everybody being right-handed in every other game.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    as other have said, my biggest problem with Modern Bioware is that they seem to be reluctant to iterate on the formula they know works

one of the best examples I have is that their idea of romance in video games hasn't evolved since mass effect 1

while the games are certainly workmanlike in quality, to the point where it can be easy for some people to overlook any major flaws, I expect them to improve on what they have

what's the difference between 2004 Horny and 2017 Horny

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

Judging by my twitter feed it's all about that shark dude from Zelda.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Horny

~horny~

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.