As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Cats on Damage Taken

1939495969799»

• Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Anyone have a link to a good Chieftan pizza sticks build? Figure I'd try it out, since Cadibro sold me a Tabula on the cheap.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Pizza sticks is usually Inquisitor or Elementalist while Chieftain is Warchief and RF totem.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I'm actually running the flame blast Inquisitor now and it's pretty fun but why the heck is it called pizza sticks???

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Flame totem chieftain is actually really good too, perhaps better than pizza sticks in my opinion because your totems won't kill themselves from reflect anymore and you gain a way to leech life.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    m!ttens wrote: »
    I'm actually running the flame blast Inquisitor now and it's pretty fun but why the heck is it called pizza sticks???

You summon two sticks and they start cooking a big orange pizza.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    @Pacificstar racing_snail is my wild-striker. If it weren't for the ascendancy that gives me more flask charges on killing enemies with elemental status ailments I'd probably be using ele focus instead of added cold. I've considered changing my last ascendancy over to master surgeon, but I love being immune to chilled ground so much and I'm not sure if I feel like spending the regrets.

*ignore the vaal double strike, I was just farting around after I found a high level/quality one in the uber lab. I usually have a cwdt setup and vaal haste there.

I orginally picked pathfinder since I figured the amped up flask effects would be great for a league starter, and I wanted to try out the new ele pen nodes on that side of the tree. It hasn't been a terrible league starter, though I have died quite a few times trying to do slightly hard red maps so maybe I just need to realign my expectations.

Saldonas : grats on your six link, you have the most amazing linking luck ever!

I started making a crit chaos assassin, I didn't realize that a bunch of streamers are doing the same thing so I might have to wait a while since I have low currency at the moment. I could sell my vinktars but I think I'll just do a bunch of easy maps on my wild striker to build up some currency for the chaos dude.

mccart on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Kind of tempted to make an EK character after seeing some successful builds of it.

Bonus points is that EK ignores the AoE nerfs, since the size of the Nova is a function of projectile speed and not area of effect. Which effectively means you get a screen-filling-sized EK nova.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Bout to hit Cruel A4 with my cleave scion tonight.

I'll let ya know how it goes.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I will say shield nodes are extremely powerful in comparison to their armor+ brethren.

The one where I get a +50% and +60% defense from shields netted me roughly 10% extra damage mitigation alone.

When I get a a better shield, the jump in armor is going to be rather high I feel.

• Options
    Summoner is now 87 and pretty nicely geared. 9.5k ES, 5L Vis Mortis, Bones w/ +1 gems for my Zombies, about a third of the way from level 19 gems to 20. Could easily be doing T12-13 or maybe higher but my pool is stuck in the T7-8 range atm. I'd like to add in golems but the jewels are collectively like 500 chaos.

At 17 challenges done now. It looks like you can do 35+ just by playing the game a bunch at high level maps, which is a nice change from previous leagues.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »
    I made the switch from Sunder to Righteous Fire last night on my Juggernaut. Initial thoughts:

1) AoE changes seem to have benefitted RF greatly, and have made it such that Increased AoE isn't necessary in the 4L. Righteous Fire - Increased Burning Damage - Concentrated Effect - Elemental Focus looks like the optimal setup.

2) Cyclone - Fortify - Curse on Hit - Flammability works like a dream, and it's applying Elemental Equilibrium with the added cold damage from my gloves. That said, scepters' base crit chance of 6.5% isn't enough to keep Elemental Overload up consistently (especially since I have like 65% accuracy and negligible attack speed). My tree pathing takes four jewel sockets, so experimentation will be required to determine how much crit chance is needed from jewels to make it feel consistent.

3) Blood Magic + double Essence Worm seems like the way to go at the outset, but you should be able to transition to a single Essence Worm once you've got a level 18 Purity of Fire and all the life regen you're going to get from the tree. This frees up the second ring slot for something like a [110+ life, 200+ accuracy, fire damage] Coral Ring, which is a substantial DPS boost.

4) The build seems like it's going to benefit immensely from having all four labs done. I haven't even run Cruel yet.

I'm level 66 now. Will report back after I hit 75, pick up Cruel lab, equip Doryani's Catalyst, grab a Wise Oak, and get a couple decent life/crit jewels.

EDIT: someday I'll be able to afford a Kaom's :/

When I ran a CWDT Hyaons cycloner in Perandus I got a lot of mileage out of the Eagle Eye cluster between Marauder and Duelist in terms of EO uptime. 5% crit became 8.2% and it added a solid 4-5 percentage points to accuracy

Nowadays nothing paths through there though so it's not a super efficient cluster but a little crit goes a long way to helping EO stay up

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I made a new thread