As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ME Andromeda: Early Impressions Out, Divert All Power To Spoiler Tags

19495969798100»

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Someone's gotta learn about "kayfabe"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »
    Can't wait for a long time forum poster to air their grievances regarding the development of the game on the forums, only to delete everything once the Bioware cops show up.

You what now?

Sorry do Bioware monitor these boards?

Long story, and one we avoid talking about too openly for concern that it might get someone in additional trouble. I'll send you a message.

Fair play, and no let's not get anyone in trouble.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Also I've only played:

Dragon Age: Origins
    Dragon Age 2

Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3

Best game of each series so far is the 2nd one.

I do not expect DA:I to be better than DA2

Karl on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    edit: No, you're right. Let's not dredge that up again.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Can't wait for a long time forum poster to air their grievances regarding the development of the game on the forums, only to delete everything once the Bioware cops show up.

You what now?

(editing out the quote in my own post, at least, seriously what the hell)

You what now?

Long story, and one we avoid talking about too openly for concern that it might get someone in additional trouble. I'll send you a message.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    like, what the fuck, dude?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Cooljammer you're being a goose

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Sorry guys, I didn't want cause a fuss about this.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    like, what the fuck, dude?

The dude already took his licks from that, two posts in here isn't going to get him killed. That said, it is a completely fucking stupid topic to broach.

• Options
    Sorry guys, I didn't want cause a fuss about this.

you didn't, at all. It was an honest question.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I mean Taky hasn't been here in years and the info isn't that hard to find so I don't know if its that big of a deal.

That said...folks do seem to be jumping the gun a bit with the false equivalents.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Fair enough.

I deleted it.

Since he seems to be completely fine/still employed, I figured it had been long enough that we could reference it, like that time the forums scared off those Bungie reps.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am getting more of a Star Trek vibe from this game than the last ones. Bunch of different aliens working mostly together for the goal of exploration and such.

Not sure I dig the Tempest as much as either Normandy. The Normandies felt like realistic space ships, the Tempest has big open spaces and windows and a bedroom bigger than any other room on the ship for no reasons.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Not sure I dig the Tempest as much as either Normandy. The Normandies felt like realistic space ships, the Tempest has big open spaces and windows and a bedroom bigger than any other room on the ship for no reasons.

Well it was made by a civilian group rather then the Alliance.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. He ended up okay. I'm sure he got a talking to by management but it wasn't the end of the world or anything.

That said...yeah...folks might be reaching a bit on attributing certain things to massive internal strife. Game development ain't easy and I doubt someone had some long 5 year plan to make faces terrible...for...reasons.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Disappointed to hear the day one patch is already applied. I was hoping the positional audio bug in multiplayer would get fixed on Tuesday.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    There are a bunch of weird little things. Like in this cutscene on the first planet my character is holding a gun but the left land is just floating and the gun is over in a different place. Stuff that should have been noticed right away?

ME always had some weird cutscene issues. Like you'd magically have an avenger even if your class could not equip one. Or you'd have an avenger clipping through your actual equipped rifle.
    I started playing through ME3 the other night and in the first conversation with Liara in the Normandy I skipped the dialog in the middle of an animation of Shepard tracking Glyph with his head, so for the almost the entire rest of the convo his head was stuck looking to the left.

Just shrugging and shifting around, talking to Liara bit 90 degrees off. Occasionally an animation would call for his head to turn, and it would, but really weirdly, like it was fighting it, and his eyes stayed locked in the other direction.

At one point Glyph flew back the other way and both of them followed and they spent the rest of the time taking to each other about serious issues while staring at the door.

I was laughing at out loud most of the time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just saw a gif on Twitter of someone shooting an enemy in a cutscene with a backwards gun model

steam_sig.png

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    the new gif floating around is where the asari shoots at something behind you during a conversation and she shoots the bullet out of the back of her pistol

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    There are a bunch of weird little things. Like in this cutscene on the first planet my character is holding a gun but the left land is just floating and the gun is over in a different place. Stuff that should have been noticed right away?

ME always had some weird cutscene issues. Like you'd magically have an avenger even if your class could not equip one. Or you'd have an avenger clipping through your actual equipped rifle.
    I started playing through ME3 the other night and in the first conversation with Liara in the Normandy I skipped the dialog in the middle of an animation of Shepard tracking Glyph with his head, so for the almost the entire rest of the convo his head was stuck looking to the left.

Just shrugging and shifting around, talking to Liara bit 90 degrees off. Occasionally an animation would call for his head to turn, and it would, but really weirdly, like it was fighting it, and his eyes stayed locked in the other direction.

At one point Glyph flew back the other way and both of them followed and they spent the rest of the time taking to each other about serious issues while staring at the door.

I was laughing at out loud most of the time.

I just loaded up Citadel the other day, and had a non-cutscene conversation with James in the apartment. He was leaning back on a counter-top, and I come up from behind to talk to him. Since he is fixed in that position with no animation to turn himself around, instead his head just spins around nearly 180 degrees.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    cursedking wrote: »
    the new gif floating around is where the asari shoots at something behind you during a conversation and she shoots the bullet out of the back of her pistol

That's not new.

That's been floating around for awhile now. It was in a stream of gameplay at PAX I believe it was? I dunno. From a stream of people playing before the trial stuff though.

And back on the same thing in the OT we had a ship flying backwards and shooting lasers out of it's butt.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Someone's gotta learn about "kayfabe"

EXPOSING THE BUSINESS

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I finished the trial last night.

The UI is so bad? I missed the option to select my squad going onto the planet, which is frankly unacceptable.

I had some conversations where my facial animations actually fired and they looked really good!

Probably my least favorite thing about the game is the Mass Effect classic of a character telling you what you should be doing every five seconds.

Minor story spoiler
    For some baffling reason the Nomad doesn't start loaded onto the Tempest, you open a shipping crate that it's sitting in on the first location of the first planet you go to.

Just. Why?

I'll probably buy this just because I do like a bunch of the stuff going on? And it's Bioware? Buuuuut waiting for a sale is probably the better move.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I accidentally changed the color of my casual clothes and it changed for all of them and there is no way to reset to default.

Also I want to know if there are more options for clothes later. these three options are not working for me.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I accidentally changed the color of my casual clothes and it changed for all of them and there is no way to reset to default.

Also I want to know if there are more options for clothes later. these three options are not working for me.

The deluxe edition has a set of casual clothes! But we don't know what they look like.

• Options
    Rainfall wrote: »

The deluxe edition has a set of casual clothes! But we don't know what they look like.

In the GB stream there was a hoodie option. It also did not look good.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

There was a shot of some gamestop poster a while back, but the best shot I can find of the outfit is this tiny thing

casualt.jpg

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    That looks like an awful hoodie/jumper with a high collar

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Humanity must have done some fucking wild genetic manipulation before sending those colony ships out to help them survive in deep space.

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    I wish they were selling $20 multiplayer passes because I have some friends who are dubious of the singleplayer but loved the ME3 multiplayer.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    I am getting more of a Star Trek vibe from this game than the last ones. Bunch of different aliens working mostly together for the goal of exploration and such.

Oh, there's reasons. :winky:

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular

Oh, there's reasons. :winky:

it's "We've got a Krogan", right?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
This discussion has been closed.