As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, March 17, 2017 - A Linus and Malachi Drawing

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, March 17, 2017 - A Linus and Malachi Drawing

A Linus and Malachi Drawing

A Linus and Malachi Drawing

http://campcomic.com/comic/411

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    *waits for all the "where's the cat?" comments*

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    This is so cute.
    This hit me right in the heart. He looks up to Linus, like a little brother looks up to a big brother. :)

• CandlewhisperCandlewhisper Registered User regular
    Ohmigod this totally hit home. I have two little boys, 4 years old anf 15 months old. The old one was stood reading a book yesterday, and his little brother saw him, picked up a book, stood next to him and copied his pose, and kept glancing at him to see if he was doing it right.

That you can encapsulate that in a sketch is damn awesome, Katie.

Ohmigod this totally hit home. I have two little boys, 4 years old anf 15 months old. The old one was stood reading a book yesterday, and his little brother saw him, picked up a book, stood next to him and copied his pose, and kept glancing at him to see if he was doing it right.

That you can encapsulate that in a sketch is damn awesome, Katie.

This took the words right out of my mouth. I was recently looking at old family photos and watching my brother copy me is exactly what this reminded me of and it made me tear up. It perfectly captures it in one single frame.

• justjakewilldojustjakewilldo Registered User new member
    At first glance I was hoping that Malachi was holding his book upside down, but upon closer review it looks like the little portrait by his fingers is set the correct direction.

• XastionXastion Registered User regular
    Yea, this is super cute!

• SynDuoSynDuo John A. Galvan Somewhere over a rainbowRegistered User regular
    Always a good day when Linus shows up :)

• SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    I read the title first, my first thought was "wait they're not drawing" then it dawned on me. I can't help being blonde.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Linus might be the oldest camper because he has facial hair, something boys don't typically start growing until age 15-16. It's possible that Brian and/or Colin are older but they do not seem to have facial hair. Purdy seems to be the oldest female at camp but somehow she seems to me to be younger than Linus, Colin and Brian. It's really hard to tell for sure though. It's possible that they are all the same age.

And of course, since nobody has a calendar at this camp we may never know for sure who is the oldest.

• JBluewindJBluewind Registered User regular
    I love this drawing so much. They are so adorable together! I ship it. Rather they end up as brothers or boyfriends, I hope they have a long future together side by side.

edited March 2017
    Sarge wrote: »
    Linus might be the oldest camper because he has facial hair, something boys don't typically start growing until age 15-16. It's possible that Brian and/or Colin are older but they do not seem to have facial hair. Purdy seems to be the oldest female at camp but somehow she seems to me to be younger than Linus, Colin and Brian. It's really hard to tell for sure though. It's possible that they are all the same age.

And of course, since nobody has a calendar at this camp we may never know for sure who is the oldest.

I had facial hair at 12/13 (though it didn't go to my cheeks until later edit well I guess it was as patchy as Linus's on my cheeks at 13 and 14 and my cheeks have stayed as patchy ever since. Thanks genetics).
    My rough guess would be:
    Linus 13/14
    Purdy 13
    Colin 12
    Brian 10/11
    Malachi 10
    Seventeen 8/9

briguy on
  • yunjeyunje Registered User new member
    Malachi is twelve! If I remember correctly, Seventeen is the same age, and Brian's 13.
    Also, I'm new to commenting so I have no idea how to quote your comment, Briguy.

yunje wrote: »
    Malachi is twelve! If I remember correctly, Seventeen is the same age, and Brian's 13.
    Also, I'm new to commenting so I have no idea how to quote your comment, Briguy.

You're right! I completely forgot they have Malachi's age on his character page.

I just use the PA forums because everything is built in. On the comment page itself quoting is too much trouble, but you can tag people using @ followed by user name like @yunje

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    I'm suffering kitty withdrawal!

• SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    Good looking out @briguy

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    briguy wrote: »
    My rough guess would be:
    Brian 10/11
    Malachi 10
    Seventeen 8/9
    yunje wrote: »

The ages listed on the character pages and the ages of the characters in the actual comic don't necessarily line up. (The character pages were created when the comic's details were still being hammered out.) @Briguy is pretty close with those rough guesses.

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    awww so cute

• PaizleeRoxPaizleeRox Registered User regular
    I wonder what happens when Malachi finally outgrows those old pants

I mean, I didn't want to say I knew better than the character page, but I totally knew better than the character page.

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    PaizleeRox wrote: »

They're made out of the same material as the Hulk's pants, so they'll just grow along with him.

• PaizleeRoxPaizleeRox Registered User regular
    AdamRW wrote: »
    PaizleeRox wrote: »

They're made out of the same material as the Hulk's pants, so they'll just grow along with him.

Pretty soon those pants, which are now shorts, are just going to be a pair of underwear.

• Pastels_ParadoxPastels_Paradox Registered User regular
    I don't know why I love the fact that Linus is focusing on the book while Mal is looking at him. I guess I feel like it really encompasses the way they, as friends, feel about and act towards each other? Then again I could be overthinking this. Either way, it's cute!