As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

For Blood! For Glory! [For Honor]!

• dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    FUCKKKKKK THIS ORDER. I give up. Even with all bots the entire group focuses me and I lose my streak. FUCK that.

Assists count. I am not currently playing due to waiting for a patch that fixes some number of issues. Run in land a bit before someone dies, run away. I'd usually go camp the 4* buff and use a fire flask and javelin or debuff on someone I was sure would lose. Then just run a lot.

It's definitely easier on some maps, but frankly if I want steel I'll pay 5$ and not spend hours doing shitty unenjoyable modes. I usually still accumulate enough steel just playing things I enjoyed that as long as I did the 300 dailies when convenient I would be fine.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    So it looks like the preorder wind effect is in the game now.

But is not unlocked like it should be.

Wasn't pre-ordering one of the sun effects?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    So it looks like the preorder wind effect is in the game now.

But is not unlocked like it should be.

Wasn't pre-ordering one of the sun effects?

Misspoke.

The super awesome edition got the wind

edited March 2017
    Again, my bad. The Deluxe edition.

EDIT: Or, no, maybe Ubi is just that bad, because the promo images for the deluxe says "One execution move effect" and shows the wind, when it is actually the sunbeam. Fuck man, I don't know.

Docshifty on
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Don't lag switchers realize we live in an age of instant video capture?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
    Thanks to insane differences in mechanics being both irrational and undocumented, playing other classes actively ruins what I know of the conqueror.

For instance, apparently I can't queue attacks on the conqueror! Other classes can do it, and indeed are required to do it, but if I try to swing during my bash, it won't buffer the input. Which means any break sets me back substantially

Apparently conker can kill from critical health now, by unlocking after the GB and doing a heavy. Womp womp. It doesn't execute.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Has anyone else noticed their Dusk and Storm color sets get locked? Dunno what happened there.

Apparently conker can kill from critical health now, by unlocking after the GB and doing a heavy. Womp womp. It doesn't execute.

This works and it is so stupid and I am angry about it.

Has anyone else noticed their Dusk and Storm color sets get locked? Dunno what happened there.

They've been bugged since like 72 hours after launch. Sucks because those two are by far my favorite color combinations that I've encountered so far.

3DS Friend Code:
    They are default colors the first time you open a loadout though, so just don't deselect them and you will have the color even if locked.

I can't select them for my alternate loadouts because the color bugged before I hit rep 1.

3DS Friend Code:
    Odd, I only discovered the issue and workaround quite recently, maybe less than a week ago.

Also since today's patch I have not had a game crash once all night! :)

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I had one crash

Almost rep 3 on Valk. She is broken if folks don't dodge the sweep. And I can't prove it, but it feels like if the 2nd light hits, which it almost always does, the sweep feels guaranteed.

The only time I've seen sweep dodged if 2nd light hits is from assassin classes with dodge attacks using the dodge attack frames to override hitstun(?). Right now her simple lights are so effective that you can never use her all block shield charge, her autoguard lights or her deflect bleed and be perfectly fine vs most players. I can 100-10 most classes on one bar of stamina with a mixup GB in her vortex.

Almost rep 3 on Valk. She is broken if folks don't dodge the sweep. And I can't prove it, but it feels like if the 2nd light hits, which it almost always does, the sweep feels guaranteed.

The only time I've seen sweep dodged if 2nd light hits is from assassin classes with dodge attacks using the dodge attack frames to override hitstun(?). Right now her simple lights are so effective that you can never use her all block shield charge, her autoguard lights or her deflect bleed and be perfectly fine vs most players. I can 100-10 most classes on one bar of stamina with a mixup GB in her vortex.

This hasn't been my experience at all with the Valk. The only time my sweep connects is if I well and truly surprise them with a shield mixup or a wallstun.

edited March 2017

This hasn't been my experience at all with the Valk. The only time my sweep connects is if I well and truly surprise them with a shield mixup or a wallstun.

I wonder if it's due to 4v4 chaos or just wack matchmaking then. I can count on one hand the number of people who could escape the vortex in the last couple days. I only brawled for the order, and even then there was only one orochi who could deal with the light into sweep vortex. I did make an effort to vary my mixups after the first rep. Usually I go combo into sweep, then heavy into light - sweep, heavy into shield bash then either GB or light after bash then sweep again etc.

Even other Valks couldn't dodge the sweep once the preceding light hits. Also console so YMMV. FWIW when I am vs another Valk unless I dodge roll away I tend to eat the sweep even knowing it's coming. Trying to time the single dodge doesn't seem to be effective so I just say eff it and go into roll to reset the neutral completely.

Edit: Wait for it...Va-VALHALLLAAAAAAAAA!!!

http://xboxclips.com/Hiryu+ZeroTwo/c46657c1-a2f5-4056-a771-70e4f195e8d8

Hiryu02 on
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    Been playing the valk a lot and she's the most fun character i've played. but once you start fighting good players with better characters her weaknesses become really apparent. Doing low damage and having low health means you have to win neutral more times then your opponent (low damage) while also making less mistakes (low health). When you fight people who will parry your lights and dodge your 3 unblockables you're pretty screwed since all are punishable with a guard break as well as any of your dash attacks give your opponent a guaranteed guard break upon just a regular block.

Basically if you fight good players you have to really outwork them to win since your damage and health are shit and your tools, while plentiful, have big drawbacks upon whiffs which puts you at a fairly big disadvantage vs the top 4.

edited March 2017
    Sonork wrote: »
    Been playing the valk a lot and she's the most fun character i've played. but once you start fighting good players with better characters her weaknesses become really apparent. Doing low damage and having low health means you have to win neutral more times then your opponent (low damage) while also making less mistakes (low health). When you fight people who will parry your lights and dodge your 3 unblockables you're pretty screwed since all are punishable with a guard break as well as any of your dash attacks give your opponent a guaranteed guard break upon just a regular block.

Basically if you fight good players you have to really outwork them to win since your damage and health are shit and your tools, while plentiful, have big drawbacks upon whiffs which puts you at a fairly big disadvantage vs the top 4.

I feel like the Valk is best in 4v4 harassing roles. She has really good quick pokes and her disables can set up a guaranteed kill for her teammates, like the LB. I feel that the LB plays more of a damage soak tank due to higher health, and generally slow movement and offense.

Also like how the Valk javelin is a one shot at 80 hp, which is a ton, more if revenged or debuffed with hunting horn. Whereas LB is much more AoE grenades and area denial.

I do feel that both hybrids are not going to ever compete with the top tiers in high level 1v1 due to well-known issues, but fwiw they can be very very effective in group modes. I do think they will benefit a lot once unreasonable stuff like slow block changes are addressed.

Hiryu02 on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Server problems are still....pretty bad. It seems like the best way to handle it is simply try again later, otherwise you end up going through the same connect--server interruption--server reinstancing--disconnection dance six or seven times in a row.

edited March 2017
    Poor Warden

Said strat consisted of

Feint side heavy
    Parry response
    GB in to wall
    Unblockable

Literally every time. Maybe stop biting on the obvious feint, eh?

Docshifty on

I wonder if it's due to 4v4 chaos or just wack matchmaking then. I can count on one hand the number of people who could escape the vortex in the last couple days. I only brawled for the order, and even then there was only one orochi who could deal with the light into sweep vortex. I did make an effort to vary my mixups after the first rep. Usually I go combo into sweep, then heavy into light - sweep, heavy into shield bash then either GB or light after bash then sweep again etc.

Even other Valks couldn't dodge the sweep once the preceding light hits. Also console so YMMV. FWIW when I am vs another Valk unless I dodge roll away I tend to eat the sweep even knowing it's coming. Trying to time the single dodge doesn't seem to be effective so I just say eff it and go into roll to reset the neutral completely.

I am actually legitimately curious about the play experience on PC vs console. The playerbase is smaller on PC so the chance of running into hardcore crazies is higher, I think, and the streaming culture for these types of games means that SRS GAM3RS PC MASTER RACE or whatever definitely propogates like crazy. Talking to a coworker who plays on xbox it sounds like a completely different game because he claims to successfully land most of his non-guaranteed guard breaks.

Of course, there are so many factors that any assumption is a crap shoot. If I get an abundance of cash somehow soon maybe I'll spring for console version and see what happens.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I think that contrary to popular belief, the matchmaking system is working to a degree, since I will very very rarely encounter someone who is at a much lower or higher skill level than me.

Your friend on console might simply be getting matched to people of his skill range.

edited March 2017

I am actually legitimately curious about the play experience on PC vs console. The playerbase is smaller on PC so the chance of running into hardcore crazies is higher, I think, and the streaming culture for these types of games means that SRS GAM3RS PC MASTER RACE or whatever definitely propogates like crazy. Talking to a coworker who plays on xbox it sounds like a completely different game because he claims to successfully land most of his non-guaranteed guard breaks.

Of course, there are so many factors that any assumption is a crap shoot. If I get an abundance of cash somehow soon maybe I'll spring for console version and see what happens.

It's weird. I still hear people complaining about how the guard break timing is hard to pull off, but I'd estimate that the success rate for average PC players for teching techable GBs is somewhere up in the 95+% range.

I suspect that the culprit is that the control scheme for game pads is pants-on-head and it takes too long to move your finger to the correct button unless you are holding the controller in an arthritis inducing grip.

Edit : I've even heard that you can't natively remap your controls in the console version, which strikes me as an absolutely barbaric state of affairs.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:

It's weird. I still hear people complaining about how the guard break timing is hard to pull off, but I'd estimate that the success rate for average PC players for teching techable GBs is somewhere up in the 95+% range.

I suspect that the culprit is that the default control scheme for game pads is pants-on-head and it takes too long to move your finger to the correct button unless you are holding the controller in an arthritis inducing grip.

I use controller and I GB tech just fine. It's not optimal but I have a completely dependable success rate.

Now occasionally I'll fat finger the scoreboard button and that's actually rage inducing.

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    I've tried playing with an Xbox pad, a logitech sixaxis/playstation style pad, and settled on KBM.

The xbox pad was fine, but stance changes were more awkward than KBM. The playstation pad was basically impossible.

Poor Warden

Said strat consisted of

Feint side heavy
    Parry response
    GB in to wall
    Unblockable

Isn't that... all the Kensei has?

• FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    I've tried playing with an Xbox pad, a logitech sixaxis/playstation style pad, and settled on KBM.

The xbox pad was fine, but stance changes were more awkward than KBM. The playstation pad was basically impossible.

I've tried all three and prefer Xbox One pad, but play mostly on PS4.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
    I do feel BG timing makes more sense and feels better ln console now since the changes. But yeah no button remap makes it imperative to have a fast fast thumb.

Poor Warden

Said strat consisted of

Feint side heavy
    Parry response
    GB in to wall
    Unblockable

Isn't that... all the Kensei has?

Basically. My options came down to that or empty combo in to an unblockable that I'd turn in to a side finisher of some kind instead.

I do feel BG timing makes more sense and feels better ln console now since the changes. But yeah no button remap makes it imperative to have a fast fast thumb.

I'm wondering if they did actually do stealth changes in the patch but I'm super certain that might be you just improving, simply because I thought the only change they made to GB was that you can tech a GB that hits you while you are in your own GB animation

I'm wondering if they did actually do stealth changes in the patch but I'm super certain that might be you just improving, simply because I thought the only change they made to GB was that you can tech a GB that hits you while you are in your own GB animation

They moved the window, it feels like. If I GB as soon as I see the icon, I will successfully break. Used to be if I did that, I would start a "late" GB and be locked out of my counter. You had to wait until the models collided then you "teched late", as it were. Now the tech window start earlier while the icon is onscreen.

They moved the window, it feels like. If I GB as soon as I see the icon, I will successfully break. Used to be if I did that, I would start a "late" GB and be locked out of my counter. You had to wait until the models collided then you "teched late", as it were. Now the tech window start earlier while the icon is onscreen.

Well, they made a few changes.

First, that 'late' GB now has a window where you can tech.

Second, simultaneous (or near) GB attempts result in both being thrown back.

Well, they made a few changes.

First, that 'late' GB now has a window where you can tech.

Second, simultaneous (or near) GB attempts result in both being thrown back.

I have seen the simultaneous GB "reflects" happen quite a bit. So I know that at least works as intended lol.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I think that contrary to popular belief, the matchmaking system is working to a degree, since I will very very rarely encounter someone who is at a much lower or higher skill level than me.

Your friend on console might simply be getting matched to people of his skill range.

I dont know why the system doesn't ask you to pick your character before you queue up for a mode because as it is, the system is very happy to throw people in 108 gear prestige 8 into the same games as those who haven't hit prestige rank 1 and thus stand no chance.

The system they have at the moment simply can't match people with the same gear, and it is currently a miserable experience.

I've also done 3 dominion games in a row where I entered a game very much in progress with my team very far behind. One game had me in come in at 900+:200 and my team was made up of bots. A complete waste of time.

PSN Fleety2009
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Hmmm. I wonder if I broke my PS4 controller. I can't seem to chain the raider unblockable attack anymore, and I'm having a lot of trouble activating it...

Arch wrote: »
    Hmmm. I wonder if I broke my PS4 controller. I can't seem to chain the raider unblockable attack anymore, and I'm having a lot of trouble activating it...

Wish I had that fucking problem. I lost three rounds to a Warden earlier because every time I tried to heavy pommel strike, the game thought I was just really bad at hitting my zone and 'helpfully' activated it for me.

Holy hell people in the morning are so bad. Like, they're just wildly throwing heavies at me. No combos, no feints or cancels, just heavy after heavy.

Warden, rep 4, 108 gear

"Really, you can attack through revenge?"

The mind boggles.