As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect Andromeda: Pathfinder, I've detected a thread that you can post in

PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity.Registered User regular
edited March 2017 in Social Entropy++

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I played a little of the multiplayer, its neat! Feels floaty and the menus need to be overhauled and bronze seemed way too lethal even for fresh characters but still fun

Gonna do a little bit of the story I think

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    jankiness aside, I'm still really stoked for this game.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Did Sur-Kesh in my ME3 last hurrah, hoo boy am I going to have to steel myself for all the renegade decisions I made leading up to this point... and will have to make.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I don't care about the jankiness so much, my main concern is I checked out the writing credits, and that's basically all a new team as well. 2/3 lead writers have writing credits on ME3, neither as lead, and none of the lead writers wrote in the first two games.

Checking the twitter of a few Bioware people I know or follow, it looks like the entire Edmonton team stayed with Dragon Age.

That doesn't mean that the new writers can't be good, but we're venturing into unknown territory. Which I guess fits kinda thematically? I'll give the new team a shot, and that will determine whether I come back for Andromeda 2 or whatever.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I don't care about the jankiness so much, my main concern is I checked out the writing credits, and that's basically all a new team as well. 2/3 lead writers have writing credits on ME3, neither as lead, and none of the lead writers wrote in the first two games.

Checking the twitter of a few Bioware people I know or follow, it looks like the entire Edmonton team stayed with Dragon Age.

That doesn't mean that the new writers can't be good, but we're venturing into unknown territory. Which I guess fits kinda thematically? I'll give the new team a shot, and that will determine whether I come back for Andromeda 2 or whatever.

Yeah I didn't much think of it at the time because Bioware is such a big studio, but looking back, a LOT of Mass Effect writers left after 3.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I really only played multiplayer with my 10 hours

For me it was super laggy, many disconnects, and occasional freezes. The UI/UX is terrible. The sound bugs occasionally. The inability to mute by default and the difficulty in actually muting people.

But still... I had a lot of fun when I actually was able to navigate all that stuff. Asari Adept is a hell of a lot of fun.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    My favourite writer is still there, but on DA for the foreseeable future.

I wonder if they plan on focusing on one franchise per studio, or if shifting Mass Effect to Montreal will free Edmonton up to try something new in between Dragon Ages

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited March 2017
    Thank you so much for setting up the Friend List, @PaperLuigi44! :o

So I decided between the 3 platforms and preordered the Deluxe Edition for XBone the other day, mostly based on the groups I'm going to multi with.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    Thank you so much for setting up the Friend List, @PaperLuigi44! :o

So I decided between the 3 platforms and preordered the Deluxe Edition for XBone the other day, mostly based on the groups I'm going to multi with.

hmm...

I'm still plannin PS4 I think but I don't know just yet.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I'm still pretty optimistic about this game, they seem to have gone for the spirit of the first game with the combat of 3, which is almost ideal. Poor facial animations have always been a thing with Bioware and it sounds like the quality varies a fair bit rather than it all being as bad as the recent clips suggest

Also I'm looking forward to trying the multiplayer, as it looks fun and I never got around to playing it in the last game

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i'm probably gonna end up caving and buying this because of the multiplayer

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I look forward to the multiplayer becoming the focus and reaching it's potential

• Options
    fuck yes no error crash to desktop right as the extraction wave starts they did an amazing job capturing that ME3 multiplayer feel

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Still excited about this game, despite the negative buzz. Gimme that sweet sweet multi action,

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    i'm probably gonna end up caving and buying this because of the multiplayer

No shame in buying a game purely for multiplayer.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Does the multiplayer have those gacha boxes like the ME3 multiplayer did? If so, are they as bad?

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Does the multiplayer have those gacha boxes like the ME3 multiplayer did? If so, are they as bad?

Yes

Probably not quite as bad?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Starting the single player a little bit

I may go back and restart with the default name, having my dad, my sister, and the friends I left the galaxy with not call me by my first name doesn't feel right

especially since I left her as Sarah so they all say her name just fine

fake edit subtitles at the top of the screen what hell is this

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    I'm still pretty optimistic about this game, they seem to have gone for the spirit of the first game with the combat of 3, which is almost ideal. Poor facial animations have always been a thing with Bioware and it sounds like the quality varies a fair bit rather than it all being as bad as the recent clips suggest

Also I'm looking forward to trying the multiplayer, as it looks fun and I never got around to playing it in the last game

get it on PC

join usssss

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Yes. But, credit payouts feel more generous, and there's the Item Shop where you can spend Mission Funds you earn through playing special challenge matches or sending out AI-controlled squads on them like a Facebook game, where you can buy specific items.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Not being able to buy specific things was my main issue with ME3's multi, if that system is fair then I will be very happy indeed.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Just fired up ME3 multi to get ready.

3200 N7 score. Yes let's do this.

Xbone squad assemble.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Can't save manually during story missions

Not sure I like that

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    uggggggggghhh

What's really fucking sad is that I have no idea WHICH of the internet's hate targets this is even about because there are so many!

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »

get it on PC

join usssss

Traitor!

(my laptop won't run this at all so it's got to be ps4 for now, hopefully there'll be a few there)

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    uggggggggghhh

What's really fucking sad is that I have no idea WHICH of the internet's hate targets this is even about because there are so many!

It's grumblegraktr

Ralph retort is behind this

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Not sure I like that

That's.... Really weird

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    the fact that any statement has been made defending someone is, sadly, better than it usually goes

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Not sure I like that

That's.... Really weird

No quick save either

As far as I can tell it is impossible to know how far back the last auto save was unless you actually see the auto save notification (which I never did)

There is an option to load latest save but I didn't click it because I wasn't sure when the last auto save was and I was worried it wouldn't tell me how far back it was and I'd lose a bunch of time

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Don't worry, people are quick to rush to respond to that tweet that they're lying, and that makes it okay for them to harass that lady. (Come on, you knew it was a lady being harassed.)

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Don't worry, people are quick to rush to respond to that tweet that they're lying, and that makes it okay for them to harass that lady. (Come on, you knew it was a lady being harassed.)

I'm always sad that my super low opinion of the people on the internet keeps finding new barrels to dig.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    It is just so frustrating that there is such a vocal component of the Internet that is determined to keep it a hostile shitty place full of shitty people.

Like, it's a fucking video game, why do you need to be a jackass about it

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Maddoc wrote: »

From what I can gather, someone (I think /v/ or twitter, unsure) found one of the head animator's LinkedIn profiles and people have been trying to get others to harras her.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Although, like I said, this could be a multitude of possible targets :sad: The way people on that Tweet are responding, I think it's more diversity hating this time more than just animation, so I dunno who it is.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Although, like I said, this could be a multitude of possible targets :sad: The way people on that Tweet are responding, I think it's more diversity hating this time more than just animation, so I dunno who it is.

There's a guy on the ME team that has said some aggressive things about white privilege which of course means he hates white people.

• Options
    Manveer Heir is a rad fucking dude

and a quick google search shows fucking legions of links calling him a racist against white people

cry more, babies

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    It is just so frustrating that there is such a vocal component of the Internet that is determined to keep it a hostile shitty place full of shitty people.

Like, it's a fucking video game, why do you need to be a jackass about it

https://youtu.be/xzpndHtdl9A

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Real talk, the more I hear of Gamergate and Pewdiepie hating Andromeda, the more I want to preorder the fucker.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Manveer Heir is a rad fucking dude

and a quick google search shows fucking legions of links calling him a racist against white people

cry more, babies

All because he had a pic of himself drinking from a cup labeled "white tears". Honkies can be so damn thin-skinned.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I cracked and bought it, because I guess stubbornness. I still have a lot of problems with this game. One of which is, separate from the animations, voice acting, really really bad attempts at representation, stupid first person space travel that depicts the entire Andromeda galaxy as the size of a small fraction of the previous galaxy maps

I'm running an i7-6700k with 16GB ram and dual 980's in SLI with liquid CPU cooling, and Eos is full of frame lag on high settings but looks like an expansion of Me1 where they just maybe slightly increased the texture resolution.

This discussion has been closed.