As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animated Short [Chat]

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I was going to start a D+D bookclub but then I ran out of energy for it :(

I want to do a IRL bookclub but it seems like its mostly a thing ladies do

Fuck that anybody can do a book club

I'm sensitive to invading spaces tho

like if it's all ladies, it's not that I'd be emasculated to attend, it's that maybe this is a lady space for these women to talk about shit

just start your own for friends? idk

I'd join any book club with friends I don't care about dudes being in it

shit I see so many book clubs wholly mixed arise and fall. from experience, skippy, you can just post "ay yo who wants to read this book with me?" and you're set.

like sure some book clubs are much like the movie club in the Sopranos where it's just an excuse for the girls to get together, but those are other book clubs and not your own which can be whatever you want it to be.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    uh oh someone has a crush on data

and not just me

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I woke up early and was productive today

Now I am pure sleepiness

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    New nitpick this Nomad thing is fucking weak, aint got shit on Mako's mountain-climbing skills

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    New nitpick this Nomad thing is fucking weak, aint got shit on Mako's mountain-climbing skills

switch to all wheel drive!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Lt d'sora just gave me what could be considered a very passionate kiss in the torpedo bay

ifyouknowwhatimean

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Podly wrote: »
    besides we don't control language anyways it's a virus and we're the hosts

eventually artificial languages will overtake us anyways

it's better that way

This burroughsian determinism. . .

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    yes but I don't have friends here and the ones I've seen in meetup seem to be for ladies

It is a really gender-segregated thing, yeah. I think you'd have to go to a men's bookgroup or start one on your own that was deliberately unconventional.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    You should probably not let idiots on the internet influence you to buy something you don't want to buy.

Spite is important.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    There is a monopoly game going on at grocery stores around the country right now. Twice now I have been asked by random people in the grocery store if they can have my monopoly tickets. One was a little old lady and one was a little kid. The old lady was polite and everything but the little kid asked if I played and when I said yes asked how I was doing. I was not wanting to chat with a little kid in a grocery store so i said fine and kept going. When I checked out said little kid was hanging out by the register just peppering the poor cashier with questions about it and suggesting things like "There should be at least one winning ticket per store!'

Where the fuck were this kid's parents? Who lets their kid walk around and harass people for their tickets in a store?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    abuzzbuzzbuzzzzz

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    abuzzbuzzbuzzzzz

shouldn't let your vibrator post in chat 'mika

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 2017
    Watching season 3 of chef's table.

This russian chef is my jam.

Shame his country has fucked with mine so much as of late I kinda want to go to the white rabbit real bad.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Finnish and korean scripts are relatively modernized and sensible.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Power Rangers Marathon Update:

Countdown to Destruction time mother fuckers

End of the Zordon Era, let's go

• Options
    untitled-1-491x277.png

This upsets me.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Atomika wrote: »
    abuzzbuzzbuzzzzz

shouldn't let your vibrator post in chat 'mika

Oh lord, you wouldn't be able to chat over the noise

That fucker is LOUD

Atomika on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    PLA wrote: »
    untitled-1-491x277.png

This upsets me.

its about the journey - I have eaten less efficient dishes than this and still loved them immensely.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I want to play Torment: Numenera but it's on my home computer and not through steam and I'm in Philly

grrrrrr

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i've been playing torment: tides of numenera and i'm enjoying it a lot

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/report-confirms-fox-news-napolitano-got-his-british-intelligence-conspiracy-theory-from-russian-state-media/

Cliff Notes!

1. Our President says on Twitter that he was the victim of a wire tapp [sic] put on trump tower by obama!
    2. After much hemming and hawing amongst congress critters, they report that all intelligence says nope! Not a thing that happened
    3. Somewhere in here everyone figured out Trump actually heard the story from "Judge" Napolitano on Fox News
    4. And here's the kicker. He got it from RT, RUSSIAN STATE MEDIA

Everything's comin up Moscow, boys.

Ludious on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    ...There's an alien inside this rock. It keeps shooting at me. I can't get to it.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    In the ultimate showdown with the rival schools basketball team this Japanese students goes to a nearby temple to pray to the Harlem Globetrotters for bball guidance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWKQiZVBtu4

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    ...There's an alien inside this rock. It keeps shooting at me. I can't get to it.

Typical weekend

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    i've been playing torment: tides of numenera and i'm enjoying it a lot

Another positive comment about Numenera?

*updates spreadsheet*

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Left the cave because it was sad and boring

Went to the quarter, caught the tail end of an awesome concert, went by a lot of weird happenings

the quarter does a helhus thing on saturdays - "whole house" meaning they use their entire vast locale for a thing

BDSM was unexpectedly the thing

some visionary had decorated the tables with bondage ropes

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    my opinion is the only opinion that matters because i am the only real person

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Delmain wrote: »

Update: It was as good as I remember it was.

Bulk and Skull had a wonderful character arc from mindless bullies to basically heroes.

In Space was a great season.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Dnd fell through again. I need to find a more reliable group sometime I guess. I like my players a lot they're all just busy like, all the time.

Stop having social lives and children damnit! Trying not to see this as a pattern of shit I like falling through. Ugh. Made the mistake of getting really excited about this campaign too.

• Options
    also back at the cave thereafter me and my backup wife had an unexpectedly long argument about how our hypothetical wedding would be

we both lacked the wherewithal to back down from this entirely hypothetical argument

a mutual friend, who probably felt a bit left out, meekly interjected that having a fifteen minute long argument about how to do the ceremony for a wedding that will never happen is a bit silly

once we moved to a heated argument about what dishes to serve in our never-happening reception she left

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The new Zelda is p cool and all but now it is time for me to take a break and kick it with the DS anime adventure that just arrived in the mail

aw yeah

JNizIRN.jpg?1

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    untitled-1-491x277.png

This upsets me.

I am genuinely upset

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Logan is good.

I hope Logan's success inspires more superhero films of different scales and story genres other than save-the-world event tentpoles

I have no problem with that format it's really just that there's so much of it and some characters are way less suited for it than others

the original 1964 Dr. Strange story was a tight, claustrophobic, Twilight Zone-y little piece about a man going to Dr. Strange to be treated for his persistent nightmares and Dr. Strange goes into his astral self and discovers that the guy's nightmares are from guilt over his murder of his business partner and the guy's unconscious mind fights back and tries to trap Dr. Strange in the dream realm

something intimate like that, maybe with a couple additional twists, would have been PERFECTLY FINE as a Dr. Strange movie. you didn't need yet another exploding city

I would love a spider man high school teen drama or captain america road tripping across america on a motorcycle or a black widow paranoid conspiracy thriller
    ... I had this draft keyed up and forgot to hit send.

That would be amazing. I would dig a captain America road trip or a Punisher rom-com where he doesn't kill a single person but it's alluded too a bunch.

Or maybe a buddy cop movie with Daredevil and Nick Fury

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Logan is good.

I hope Logan's success inspires more superhero films of different scales and story genres other than save-the-world event tentpoles

I have no problem with that format it's really just that there's so much of it and some characters are way less suited for it than others

the original 1964 Dr. Strange story was a tight, claustrophobic, Twilight Zone-y little piece about a man going to Dr. Strange to be treated for his persistent nightmares and Dr. Strange goes into his astral self and discovers that the guy's nightmares are from guilt over his murder of his business partner and the guy's unconscious mind fights back and tries to trap Dr. Strange in the dream realm

something intimate like that, maybe with a couple additional twists, would have been PERFECTLY FINE as a Dr. Strange movie. you didn't need yet another exploding city

I would love a spider man high school teen drama or captain america road tripping across america on a motorcycle or a black widow paranoid conspiracy thriller
    ... I had this draft keyed up and forgot to hit send.

That would be amazing. I would dig a captain America road trip or a Punisher rom-com where he doesn't kill a single person but it's alluded too a bunch.

Or maybe a buddy cop movie with Daredevil and Nick Fury Volstagg the Voluminous

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    my opinion is the only opinion that matters because i am the only real person

maybe, maybe

you did recommend me a good anime once

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

Update: It was as good as I remember it was.

Bulk and Skull had a wonderful character arc from mindless bullies to basically heroes.

In Space was a great season.

I tuned in and just saw the end of the last episode

The feels

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Food can be art, is the thing

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Left the cave because it was sad and boring

Went to the quarter, caught the tail end of an awesome concert, went by a lot of weird happenings

the quarter does a helhus thing on saturdays - "whole house" meaning they use their entire vast locale for a thing

BDSM was unexpectedly the thing

some visionary had decorated the tables with bondage ropes

...where is this?

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    There is a monopoly game going on at grocery stores around the country right now. Twice now I have been asked by random people in the grocery store if they can have my monopoly tickets. One was a little old lady and one was a little kid. The old lady was polite and everything but the little kid asked if I played and when I said yes asked how I was doing. I was not wanting to chat with a little kid in a grocery store so i said fine and kept going. When I checked out said little kid was hanging out by the register just peppering the poor cashier with questions about it and suggesting things like "There should be at least one winning ticket per store!'

Where the fuck were this kid's parents? Who lets their kid walk around and harass people for their tickets in a store?

Tired people.

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Tired people.

The same people that consider gaming stores to be their personal child care centers

This discussion has been closed.