As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Switching to [STEAM] could save you 15% or more!

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm not saying I hope you people die

but

that's the fastest way for me to get into the action and meet my own horrible death

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "Naruto" huh

you know what, yeah, I probably deserve that nickname

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    "Naruto" huh

You better believe it

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    "Naruto" huh

You better believe it

databayo

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Listen, I didn't give you Naruto hair. You came out of the box like that. Granted, I did give you giant orange rave pants, but that's just the color coding I use for medics in XCOM, and it turns out that your "armor accent" just happens to be most of your surface area.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Im glad I have a sword and shotgun even in video game form it's all about the all in and yolo

icGJy2C.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Oh, you know it. I'm kind of doing a soft Iron Man, because I'll reload if XCOM's slightly clunky interface causes me to reload one bullet into a weapon instead of firing a grenade, or dash across half the map and then stand straight up in the tile next to the cover I was aiming for. But if I do what I meant to do, and it sucks and you die? We're staying in that dark timeline. Witness the sad trombone of WiseManTobes' career.

Yeah, that's the same rule I used from my LP way back when.

Which ended up proving useful, because that last example did happen to me and caused a soldier I named after Gatsby to get shredded.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited March 2017
    I think what everyone admires about "Randy" Brolo "Randerson" is the compassion and concern he displays for his teammates. "Blow up less, chumps. Sometimes I think about blowing up, but then I just be somewhere the explosion isn't. Try it sometime."

kjjeod59w8md.png

Anyway, shortly after the festival of explosions that was the last mission, Brolo is called upon to lead a guerrilla mission with two rangers, an extra sharpshooter, and a rookie who is pretty transparently a middle-aged John Lennon in disguise. Will he come back with the victory, or four disturbingly lumpy body bags and some half-assed excuses? Stay tuned!

dm9xgk44ge49.png

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Woo imminent demise pending!

Is that a bandana? Or maybe a mouth restraint to stop my unsightly habit of nail chewing? Or am I covering up a horrible half face case of rotten wasp nest face?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    it's up to you to carry our worthless asses brolo

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I'm incredibly excited to miss high percentage shots as a designated sharpshooter.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    it's up to you to carry our worthless asses brolo

I look forward to watching front line troops getting impregnated by chryssalids because I forgot to reload my sniper rifle.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    if everyone survived, that's a mission success in my book

hope you got that advanced war center!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Iolo wrote: »
    Woo imminent demise pending!

Is that a bandana? Or maybe a mouth restraint to stop my unsightly habit of nail chewing? Or am I covering up a horrible half face case of rotten wasp nest face?

It's a bandana, to hide the fact that you're actually John Lennon. You even have a nice British accent, much to my surprise and delight.

Huh. Well, the only injury we had was Jars, who is going to be in the hospital for two days and the brig for a further twelve days, on a charge of Inappropriate Fraternization With a Giant Snake Monster. Iolo took #1 for mission kills and damage dealt, and is now yet another Ranger. A Dabble of Thelonius took precisely one shot because I kept forgetting that he doesn't have the Squad Sight Overwatch perk yet, but that one shot ended up being a low-percentage crit that one-shotted an officer in high cover.

You guys are actually rolling too well to be really humorous. I wonder if there's a "jinxed" mod I can download.

Also, I noticed that there were words in the "alien text" from one of the cutscenes. A screenshot reveals that it's the history of Lorem Ipsum from lipsum.com written in some janky alphabet, which is some next-level shit on the part of the animators.

yjmwdttpsxji.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
    alien wing wong to the face? I guess there are worse fates

I'm sure we will ramp up the incompetence soon

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I'm incredibly excited to miss high percentage shots as a designated sharpshooter.
    A Dabble of Thelonius took precisely one shot because I kept forgetting that he doesn't have the Squad Sight Overwatch perk yet, but that one shot ended up being a low-percentage crit that one-shotted an officer in high cover

Original plan still in place.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    man I think I must have a crush on one of the nurses in sickbay for how much I throw myself into bolts of plasma

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Making sure your sharpshooter can get enough kills in to get the squad sight overwatch perk is one of the core tenants of XCOM 2. Keep moving them up and let them use a grenade to finish enemies off, if necessary.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Godspeed, you fools

I'd actually almost forgotten about all those times I shot @Label in the face.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Good times, huh?
    Every now and then I go back and reread that whole LP. You guys made it so fun.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh, I didn't know nicknames were custom. Is there a story behind Fridge?

"Wild Thing" and "Fridge" were randomly generated by the game. I'll probably keep Wild Thing because Kadith's guy has the face of a bored accountant. Fridge I rolled with because it seemed to be meant for a much larger person than your lady. No matter what Shalmelo gets, I'm changing it to "Blade" as soon as the promotion comes through.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    someone explain steam library family sharing to me
    is it a thing to do with sharing a single steam account across system user accounts or sharing a steam account across multiple computers?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    someone explain steam library family sharing to me
    is it a thing to do with sharing a single steam account across system user accounts or sharing a steam account across multiple computers?

It's for sharing games on one Steam account across multiple Steam accounts. Whether or not that is on the same or different computers is up to you.

ah ok I think I see how to use this now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    ah ok I think I see how to use this now

I use it to let my dad play Fallout and doom on his computer when I'm at work if I launch a game it kicks him off

Works pretty well

icGJy2C.png
    iq824hnu89vn.png

So, uh...Jars is hella dead, you guys.

I'm sorry, Jars. When I told you to run up and slash that Muton, I did not know how hard it is to slash a Muton. I certainly did not know that trying to slash a Muton would result in it turning around and hitting you in the head so hard your brains would come out. That was a bad order, and I shouldn't have given it.

Meanwhile, Kadith continues to pursue his crippling addiction to painkillers and/or stun batons. You chase that dragon, buddy. You do you.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Jars wrote: »
    last time I died horribly a few missions into the game. will history repeat itself?

chronobreak.jpg

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    iq824hnu89vn.png

So, uh...Jars is hella dead, you guys.

I'm sorry, Jars. When I told you to run up and slash that Muton, I did not know how hard it is to slash a Muton. I certainly did not know that trying to slash a Muton would result in it turning around and hitting you in the head so hard your brains would come out. That was a bad order, and I shouldn't have given it.

Meanwhile, Kadith continues to pursue his crippling addiction to painkillers and/or stun batons. You chase that dragon, buddy. You do you.

Ah yes, slashing a Muton is a painful lesson to learn.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Gravely wounded means still alive! Also a decent kill count considering it looks like I get right up in the action.

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Good times, huh?
    Every now and then I go back and reread that whole LP. You guys made it so fun.

I just want to say thank you for letting me play Xcom vicariously. I wanted to for a long time, but my computer is too shit.

And I should go re-read that LP. Maybe Mr. "Let's shoot our teammates in the face" will look better on reflection.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Can someone link the LP?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Sooooo who will be playing Dawn of War 3 when it comes out?

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

How much like 2 is it? I preferred the first one.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Hit my first winter in Stardew Valley.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Hit my first winter in Stardew Valley.

How're you liking it?

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Yeah, if it's more like the first one and less like the second one, that'd be great. Of course, if it had necrons in it that'd be even better...

JtgVX0H.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

Yeah, if it's more like the first one and less like the second one, that'd be great. Of course, if it had necrons in it that'd be even better...

The second one had imperial guard so it was good there. But it was too micromanagement focused on the hero units.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I had this notebook I used while playing XCOM2 on legendary

within in, I had listed all the enemies with AOE attacks...

several times over, sometimes with a picture of the enemy telling me so

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I used a notebook too, but to write down the number of enemies and types once I got shadowchamber (I think) that tells you what it is, to try to determine what was left on the map.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
This discussion has been closed.