As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Southpaw Regional [chat] is the coolest ever

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Broadway's dark tonight
    A little bit weaker than you used to be
    Broadway's dark tonight
    See the young man sittin' in the old man's bar waitin for his turn to die

This song is stuck in my head. I heard it yesterday but it's been ages before that.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    U r all butts no /s

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    U r all butts no /s

What is butt

• Options
    U r all butts no /s

What is butt

A miserable little pile of buttrets

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    A co-worker of mine had a St Patrick's Day party that was also kind of farewell insofar as she's moving to another dept in a couple weeks. I didn't attend, but apparently she drank so much that her boyfriend called an ambulance. She was, apparently, coming in and out of consciousness and talking about feeling like she was dying so he understandably freaked out.

At work the next day (Yesterday), she bitched him out for calling an ambulance.

Jesus Christ, lady.

• Options
    We've had a bit of snow this year. Super windy and snowy again today.
    17359097_10155578487619796_2629571181781736927_o.jpg?oh=65ce7c475e9887d8eb92252d6dfcec35&oe=596AD4D7

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Heh the plot/setup for Tyranny is pretty great
    You've been sent to this valley where a couple of bickering armies of the evil overlord are attempting to quash rebellion but unexpectedly not doing a great job of it. The evil overlord has given you a magical document to read which says: if you don't quash the rebellion by X day, every single person in the valley will die.

It's kind of great.
    generals: "oh cool, you brought an edict from the overlord; does it contain magical help against the enemy?"
    me: "lol no get rekt"
    me: "...except I'm also in this valley and subject to the edict so please cease infighting and kill the rebels tyvm"

In my prologue, which was a cool choose-your-own-adventure-styled approach to character creation, I read a magical edict that firebombed a city...

Yeah, this game is awesome.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    @Blameless Cleric it is time to plan our May adventure (feat. Credeiki and Shiv)!

• Options
    U r all butts no /s

Conan, what is butt in life?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    It's important to carefully cultivate ambiguity about when you're joking and when you're being serious because no one can hurt you if you keep your true self locked away

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    A co-worker of mine had a St Patrick's Day party that was also kind of farewell insofar as she's moving to another dept in a couple weeks. I didn't attend, but apparently she drank so much that her boyfriend called an ambulance. She was, apparently, coming in and out of consciousness and talking about feeling like she was dying so he understandably freaked out.

Jesus Christ, lady.

I feel like that dude doesn't get Paddy's Day.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    U r all butts no /s

Conan, what is butt in life?

Twerk your enemies, see them posed before you, hear the lamentations of the tan lines

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Noah Caldwell-Gervais did a nice video on Tyranny that a person who doesn't want to be spoiled shouldn't watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaqqCbmhqVI

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    also good morning i guess

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

hahaha holy shit.

Good on you, facebook.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Tyranny is a game that I only want to experience second-hand because I have zero doubts that I would become monstrously sad and depressed if I ever played it.

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    It's important to carefully cultivate ambiguity about when you're joking and when you're being serious because no one can hurt you if you keep your true self locked away

it's also important because if nobody knows if you're joking or serious then nobody can call you out on your bigotry

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Oh my gosh an open world Zelda is such a good concept.

I love wind waker right now. Such a large ocean to explore.

:o

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »

hahaha holy shit.

Good on you, facebook.
    Something like this would've been helpful before fake news helped propel a real-life Nintendo villain to the presidency but, still, this is cool

better late than never

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tyranny is a game that I only want to experience second-hand because I have zero doubts that I would become monstrously sad and depressed if I ever played it.

It didn't really feel bleak when I played it, despite the story and themes.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

Jesus Christ, lady.

it's an Irish thing

you wouldn't understand

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

Jesus Christ, lady.

it's an Irish thing

you wouldn't understand

I was into it before you ever heard of it

• Options
    wandering wrote: »

it's also important because if nobody knows if you're joking or serious then nobody can call you out on your bigotry
    Rh64e3I.jpg?1

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    is that facial hair

pewdiepie what are u doing

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    is that facial hair

pewdiepie what are u doing

Growing a masculine beard.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So I just watched episode 2 of the Samurai Jack season.

That was one of the best and most intense fight scenes I have seen a in a long time.

I think this is what Tartakovski always really wanted to do, but could never accomplish with the constraints he had to work within.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Oh man I forgot how bonkers Lost Galaxy got when the space pirates started showing up.

There's no way drugs weren't involved in this.

• Options
    I wanna watch Samurai jack but Canada.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Oh man I forgot how bonkers Lost Galaxy got when the space pirates started showing up.

There's no way drugs weren't involved in this.

Hey I know it's been a few days but I just wanted to say welcome to chat and I hope you stick around!

sig.gif
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    PSA: one hit KO is one easy typo from one hit JO.

• Options

The livestream thing they do on Saturday night/Sunday morning is not geofenced. I was able to watch it there.

• Options

The livestream thing they do on Saturday night/Sunday morning is not geofenced. I was able to watch it there.

Beh, aren't we 3 eps in? i'll just sit in my corner and sulk.

• Options
    I am a hot little potato right now >:(

• Options

I'd like to, but I need to start at season 1.

Which, I guess I'll have to find another means. I wonder how much the box set costs. If I end up buying it, I hope I don't end up not liking it.

This is why this whole thing drives me crazy. Netflix won't show it in Canada because, I'm guessing, there's still a distribution agreement with cable providers in Canada that supercede their streaming. EVEN IF I spend the >$1000 a year it would cost to get a cable package with the packages I'd need to watch it, I still couldn't watch it because I can't just go back to the start. I'd have to start watching at whatever point they're broadcasting it now.

Or I could spend whatever it costs to purchase the box set and pray that I'll enjoy it.

Or I could do a third method, which is the most attractive, and most reasonable solution I've got, but is very frowned upon.

Like, what the fuck do cable companies thing they're accomplishing with this shit?

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    hi chat

I weighed myself today

I am exactly 20 pounds lighter than I was exactly six months ago

Feels good

I miss beer

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

Beh, aren't we 3 eps in? i'll just sit in my corner and sulk.

It's only two

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Never mind, nowhere near comprehensive and probably geofenced. Sorry.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    I am a hot little potato right now >:(

Don't get all fried up

That's not appealing

You'll try to do something half-baked

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I once called 911 for my neighbors because I saw them carrying in a completely unconscious girl and freaking out but clearly too afraid to do it themselves. I would have liked to know if that was helpful but they've moved out now and were replaced by people with Trump signs in their windows who play loud music all the time. I don't know what the lesson is.

• Options

I'd like to, but I need to start at season 1.

Which, I guess I'll have to find another means. I wonder how much the box set costs. If I end up buying it, I hope I don't end up not liking it.

This is why this whole thing drives me crazy. Netflix won't show it in Canada because, I'm guessing, there's still a distribution agreement with cable providers in Canada that supercede their streaming. EVEN IF I spend the >$1000 a year it would cost to get a cable package with the packages I'd need to watch it, I still couldn't watch it because I can't just go back to the start. I'd have to start watching at whatever point they're broadcasting it now.

Or I could spend whatever it costs to purchase the box set and pray that I'll enjoy it.

Or I could do a third method, which is the most attractive, and most reasonable solution I've got, but is very frowned upon.

Like, what the fuck do cable companies thing they're accomplishing with this shit?

Adult Swim UK appears to be uploading the backlog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyDqVVWWNSI

Geofenced.

This discussion has been closed.