As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect Andromeda: Pathfinder, I've detected a thread that you can post in

• QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    Manveer Heir also designed the part of the game I have seen people have 0 problems with, which is the actual gameplay shoot shoots.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Bioware just pisses people off by being the biggest company to bluntly tell GGer style stances to go fuck themselves.

Logic or reason doesn't enter into it. They decide on a target first and then justify it in their minds later.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    @PaperLuigi44 If you wouldn't mind adding me to the PC multiplayer list, my Origin ID is fullfathomdeep

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    PaperLuigi44 If you wouldn't mind adding me to the PC multiplayer list, my Origin ID is fullfathomdeep

It's an open list, but I've done it for you.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Real talk, the more I hear of Gamergate and Pewdiepie hating Andromeda, the more I want to preorder the fucker.

I took a great deal of satisfaction making my Ryder non-white since I know it'd piss them off so much and because I liked the idea of having a non-white protagonist kickin' it in space.

Ava Ryder will take none of their shit and will romance all the aliens.

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Real talk, the more I hear of Gamergate and Pewdiepie hating Andromeda, the more I want to preorder the fucker.

I took a great deal of satisfaction making my Ryder non-white since I know it'd piss them off so much and because I liked the idea of having a non-white protagonist kickin' it in space.

Ava Ryder will take none of their shit and will romance all the aliens.

I'm still working on a good first name. I'm thinking Laika, or Valentina.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Plenty of good names out there to choose from.

Such as Jay-kwellin

And Dee-Nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRpsRKuyi3Y

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    PaperLuigi44 If you wouldn't mind adding me to the PC multiplayer list, my Origin ID is fullfathomdeep

It's an open list, but I've done it for you.

Oh, whoops! For some reason my phone wasn't letting me edit. Thanks!

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    How are people playing this already? Did the PC version release early or some retailers breaking street date?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    How are people playing this already? Did the PC version release early or some retailers breaking street date?

Trial allows for 10 hours of playtime between now and release, some are prorating that time instead of doing it all at once

Javen on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Trial allows for 10 hours of playtime between now and release, some are prorating that time instead of doing it all at once

Specifically signing up for Origin Access or whatever gives you 10 hours of MEA time before release and also 10% off the game if you choose to buy it

so with the cost of one month of Origin Access it only ended up saving me like two dollars but whatever

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I tried to google Manveer Heir and literally could not find anything that wasn't from a source bent on calling him a despicable racist, and I'm not giving them the clicks, so can anyone run it down for me

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I tried to google Manveer Heir and literally could not find anything that wasn't from a source bent on calling him a despicable racist, and I'm not giving them the clicks, so can anyone run it down for me

He just tweets a lot about race stuff and isn't...delicate

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

He made a bunch of tweets insulting racists and reverse racism is a thing, right?

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I thought that bioware tweet was referring to someone else, because I've seen a lot of tweets saying that they were targeting a woman again.

But going after a scapegoat woman or minority is certainly their MO.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Are the facial animations (and animations in general) in this game as bad as all those compilation videos I've been seeing?

Or are those just a few weird outlier scenarios

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Are the facial animations (and animations in general) in this game as bad as all those compilation videos I've been seeing?

Or are those just a few weird outlier scenarios

They're not great across the board, but those are the worst moments

6F32U1X.png
    edited March 2017

Yeah basically gg idiots found a woman who listed herself as the lead facial animator for the game on Twitter and they descended upon her because God forbid a woman work in games.

Bioware came out and said it wasn't her and her profile doesn't say it anymore

cursedking on
    Hmm

It is...unfortunate that this game is launching when it is, in the state it's in, surrounded by some incredibly polished releases

I do still want more ME, though, and I like the idea of a fresh start

This will likely be a summer game for me

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    It's $5 to play for 10 hours. If you don't like it, you're only out the cost of a cup of coffee.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I don't buy 5 dollar coffee

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    I don't buy 5 dollar coffee

It's only the finest 50 dollar coffee for ole -Tal.

I don't drink coffee at all but I never understood the "price of a cup of coffee" rationale are people out there spending 150 a month on coffee

PNk1Ml4.png
    jdarksun wrote: »
    It's $5 to play for 10 hours. If you don't like it, you're only out the cost of a cup of coffee.

That's not a thing on PS4 I'm pretty sure

I don't drink coffee at all but I never understood the "price of a cup of coffee" rationale are people out there spending 150 a month on coffee

A lot of people stop in starbucks before work every morning.

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Weaver wrote: »
    I cracked and bought it, because I guess stubbornness. I still have a lot of problems with this game. One of which is, separate from the animations, voice acting, really really bad attempts at representation, stupid first person space travel that depicts the entire Andromeda galaxy as the size of a small fraction of the previous galaxy maps

I'm running an i7-6700k with 16GB ram and dual 980's in SLI with liquid CPU cooling, and Eos is full of frame lag on high settings but looks like an expansion of Me1 where they just maybe slightly increased the texture resolution.

You aren't travelling around the entire Andromeda galaxy because there are no mass relays to do so. The game takes place only in the Heleus star cluster inside the Andromeda galaxy. The equivalent of a single galaxy map location in the previous games.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    rhylith wrote: »

Starbucks is robbin yall blind

PNk1Ml4.png
    I cracked and bought it, because I guess stubbornness. I still have a lot of problems with this game. One of which is, separate from the animations, voice acting, really really bad attempts at representation, stupid first person space travel that depicts the entire Andromeda galaxy as the size of a small fraction of the previous galaxy maps

I'm running an i7-6700k with 16GB ram and dual 980's in SLI with liquid CPU cooling, and Eos is full of frame lag on high settings but looks like an expansion of Me1 where they just maybe slightly increased the texture resolution.

You aren't travelling around the entire Andromeda galaxy because there are no mass relays to do so. The game takes place only in the Heleus star cluster inside the Andromeda galaxy. The equivalent of a single galaxy map location in the previous games.

Yeah it will take hundreds of years, if they can even replicate that tech

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Probably. Starbucks is like $4/cup. Seems thing for like a couple beers at happy hour or three or four sodas in a day.

jdarksun on
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

Yeah it will take hundreds of years, if they can even replicate that tech

I will be surprised if part of final act/the epilogue isn't the development of something along the lines of a relay to open up another nearby sector.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    at the most expensive coffee place i can think of a cup of coffee is like 2 bucks

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The face stuff is just another reason why Mass Effect shouldn't have humans in it

6F32U1X.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Starbucks is robbin yall blind

if you buy straight-up coffee and not something like a mocha, the price goes down a bunch

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Cup of coffee from Tims is less than two bucks Canadian and its only partially pencil shavings

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    i get the appeal of a nicer delivery system than an aging keurig

really I just need to be able to function before noon, but like, it's nice to pretend you're just out getting breakfast and that everything is fine

Daypigeon on
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I make coffee at home for drastically cheaper prices

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I bet your smugly affordable home brew coffee doesn't have the subtle narcotic blend of exotic chemicals that keeps me patronizing Herr Horton

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    The way people talk about coffee as a need makes me glad I've never tried it

*downs third Coke Zero of the day*

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    Very easy to grind some beans at home and then brew a pot, giving my wife and I two mugs each. And it is more enjoyable then the stuff we get the times we go out for breakfast.

This discussion has been closed.