As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] Finished Zelda? Why don't you play...hang on, gimme a second...

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Splatoon has such badass music

I won't play them but they should keep making them just so more soundtracks keep happening

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    edit Wrong THREAD GOD

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I love calamari inkantation

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Meh, squid sisters

I'm all about
    DJ Octavio

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    That feel when you wake up and realize you spent $100 on amiibo yesterday

wandering on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    yo I'm a genius because I just realized they should port Valkyria Chronicles to the Switch like NOW

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

Well I do have all the current Fire Emblem Amiibos and most of the Monster Hunter ones
    I did not really overpay for them and got as close to retail as I could
    Still I really don't want to open the FE ones or the WII Fit trainer

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Sheik?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I bought a Shovel Knight Amiibo yesterday. Almost got a yarn yoshi because it is so cute.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I have the Yoshi yarn game on the 3ds because it was far to kawaii to pass on
    and I got poochy amiibo with it

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

Sheik?
    Mr. Resetti $6.81
    Animal Crossing 3 pack with K.K. (and two randos I've never heard of) $6.99
    Inkling Boy (purple) $6.99
    Inkling Girl (orange) $8.99
    Green Yarn Yoshi $16.41
    8-Bit Link $19.58
    Toon Link (with wand) $19.96+$10 shipping

I've been resisting amiibos for so long but I finally caved

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The problem with yarn Yoshi is you start with one and then all of a sudden, whoops, you got a whole family

1l26azs4s9xk.jpg

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Yarn Yoshis are somehow more disposable than their standard counterparts

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I still can't fucking believe they made a new Yoshi game

On a systme with two thumbsticks

And kept the aiming system that made Yoshi's Island so shitty

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    oh shit, that's right i need to buy a yarn yoshi.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Splatoon is so

fresh

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    i am now upset at how well amazon can predict things i would like to buy but won't.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    i am now upset at how well amazon can predict things i would like to buy but won't.

Over the years I have used my amazon account to buy things for different people
    So it's prediction thing is well off for me sometimes it's right but most of the time I have no idea why it's offering me this?

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

So it's prediction thing is well off for me sometimes it's right but most of the time I have no idea why it's offering me this?

i logged on and it was just "here's a bunch of dresses and dragons."

and, well.

you got too fucking real there amazon.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

and, well.

Dresses and Dragons would be a killer fantasy RPG fashion show title.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Man I kinda wish the Switch had the old 360 standard of demos for everything

I don't know if I'd like Has-Been Heroes or Snake Pass, I wanna try them to find out

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

and, well.

fuck that, it's a game where instead of a level you have a fashion score, and only by being more fashionable can you beat challenges.

and then there is themes, like High Concept Only Dungeon, or Mom Jeans Only.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I've been tempted to by Yoshi for 3ds just for the poochi amiibo but I don't have a 3ds anymore so I can't justify it

• Options

and, well.

fuck that, it's a game where instead of a level you have a fashion score, and only by being more fashionable can you beat challenges.

That would be a fun game to do dungeons and kill monsters for fashionable items
    Like this orge has some cute shoes it must die or the lich's phylactery would make a necklace prefect for your rival

• Options

and, well.

Like this orge has some cute shoes it must die or the lich's phylactery would make a necklace prefect for your rival

but also using monster parts to make new fashionable items, and also scores change based on style, season, and just through time. so while there's no actually item durability, that dress has a limited shelf life, until some trend setter brings it back.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    now I'm looking at my 3ds wish list and guessing which ones will see switch ports

• Options
    Still I want some of the VC I got the WIIU to get the port over to the Switch like the Metroid Prime

• Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Keith wrote: »
    I've been tempted to by Yoshi for 3ds just for the poochi amiibo but I don't have a 3ds anymore so I can't justify it

Just bought this from Best Buy yesterday, and I'm loving the game so far. Pretty relaxing platformer that's perfect for me on the 3DS. Wii U version looks gorgeous, but being able to just lay back in bed while collecting flowers, beads, and yarn balls at my leisure is super relaxing.

You can grab the Poochy amiibo on it's own if you're interested, and don't want to buy the game. I've seen a few around in stores. Beat The Bomb had them online yesterday when I looked as well.

Reddaye on
  • Options
    Tumbleseed and Pocket Rumble both said March, but I feel like Nintendo was giving us a line.

Pocket Rumble is a perfect fit for Switch though.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Tumbleseed and Pocket Rumble both said March, but I feel like Nintendo was giving us a line.

I just don't know how well any fighting game will be on the Switch

The primary way we'll play most every multiplayer game will be with sideways Joycons, which I cannot imagine being any good for a fighting game

Analog stick-only and 4 buttons?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Splatoon feels like a dreamcast game and I mean that as positively as possible

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Mr. G wrote: »

The primary way we'll play most every multiplayer game will be with sideways Joycons, which I cannot imagine being any good for a fighting game

plus 2 shoulder buttons

should be enough for Smash, anyway

wandering on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it has a lot of the style of jet set radio

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Apparently Capcom didn't outright deny Monster Hunter on Switch, saying when someone asked that "We hope you enjoy it on 3DS first."

C'moooon gimme that full HD Qurupeco

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Apparently Capcom didn't outright deny Monster Hunter on Switch, saying when someone asked that "We hope you enjoy it on 3DS first."

I just need the Switch to be an out-and-out success so people stop playing coy about stuff like this

I wanna hear "absolutely, we're making this for Switch"

I want to hear whoever is the face of Monster Hunter come out on a stage and say the exact words, in shockingly crystal clear English, "fuck yes, Monster Hunter on Switch, which one of you bad motherfuckers is ready for this new shit"

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I still can't fucking believe they made a new Yoshi game

On a systme with two thumbsticks

And kept the aiming system that made Yoshi's Island so shitty

That aiming system rules

But they put in the analog stick aiming option as well

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

I just need the Switch to be and out-and-out success so people stop playing coy about stuff like this

I wanna hear "absolutely, we're making this for Switch"

I want to hear whoever is the face of Monster Hunter come out on a stage and say the exact words, in shockingly crystal clear English, "fuck yes, Monster Hunter on Switch, which one of you bad motherfuckers is ready for this new shit"

I am curious if XX and stories is coming to NA which I have a feeling one of them will
    But I have the feeling one of them will before it comes to switch

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I can't wait for Hollow Knight to come out on switch

• Options

Pocket Rumble is, by design, meant to be played with only a few buttons. It's a good fit.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

and, well.

but also using monster parts to make new fashionable items, and also scores change based on style, season, and just through time. so while there's no actually item durability, that dress has a limited shelf life, until some trend setter brings it back.

Apropos of nothing, I just bought the complete set of Designers & Dragons books...

(It's a history/encyclopedia of the tabletop RPG industry through 2010 by Evil Hat Games)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
This discussion has been closed.