As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox Live] KoToR, Ninja Gaiden Black, Crimson Skies and more coming to Xbox Original BC

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Which Japanese company pisses on their loved-in-america franchise more, Nintendo with Metroid or Capcom with Megaman?

Konami with everything?

I got a new Bomberman out of Konami at least and it's pretty decent

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Oh hell yes
    The Disney Afternoon Collection will be available as a digital download across North America and Europe for $19.99 / £15.99/ €19.99 starting on April 18, 2017 on PlayStation4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.

Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!

Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.

DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.

DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!

TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.
    http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/03/capcom-announces-the-disney-afternoon-collection-revamping-6-classic-video-games-with-hd-style/

a bit sad they aren't bringing the HD Ducktales remake forward but I'll take it

DuckTales HD is back compatible though

True, though if they really wanted my money they'd redo all those games that way and I'd plop 60 for that right now

This is the Capcom USA guys who did the Mega Man collection with 1-6. Ducktales HD was Wayforward.

Digital Eclipse, actually. They did the MMLC and this.

In other news...

"I finally have a Kinect for my Xbox One!" -- Things No One Expected to Hear from Anyone, Ever

I got one used for under $50. I have no interest (or room) for the motion gaming, so I didn't want to pay full price. But I am enjoying the voice commands (since my cable box has to go through the Xbox One), and I look forward to using it to help with streaming multiplayer games.

Where'd you find one for $50? Looking for a second one.

EB Games.

I thought EB Games went out of business/was consumed by Gamestop?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Oh hell yes
    The Disney Afternoon Collection will be available as a digital download across North America and Europe for $19.99 / £15.99/ €19.99 starting on April 18, 2017 on PlayStation4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.

Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!

Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.

DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.

DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!

TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.
    http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/03/capcom-announces-the-disney-afternoon-collection-revamping-6-classic-video-games-with-hd-style/

a bit sad they aren't bringing the HD Ducktales remake forward but I'll take it

DuckTales HD is back compatible though

True, though if they really wanted my money they'd redo all those games that way and I'd plop 60 for that right now

This is the Capcom USA guys who did the Mega Man collection with 1-6. Ducktales HD was Wayforward.

Digital Eclipse, actually. They did the MMLC and this.

In other news...

"I finally have a Kinect for my Xbox One!" -- Things No One Expected to Hear from Anyone, Ever

I got one used for under $50. I have no interest (or room) for the motion gaming, so I didn't want to pay full price. But I am enjoying the voice commands (since my cable box has to go through the Xbox One), and I look forward to using it to help with streaming multiplayer games.

Where'd you find one for $50? Looking for a second one.

EB Games.

I thought EB Games went out of business/was consumed by Gamestop?

There's still a few out there, and in Australia and Europe they're still EB for the most part.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    And Canada.

They tried to bring the GameStop branding here, but apparently it didn't go over so well.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Ah, makes me wonder if there's still Babbages out there too. :P

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    And Funcoland.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JATjMZJuX1c

But no, Gamestop started as Babbage's, but got bought out by Barnes & Noble in 2004. B&N then split off Gamestop into it's own company, dropping the Babbage's name. They also bought Funco, the company that ran FuncoLand.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so here's a pretty cool update that i think most would have missed.

https://youtu.be/MzZ2IphdFGw

it's great that features like this are being made available, but MS really needs to do a better job of letting people know about them.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Maybe a little tile on the dashboard...

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Sorry, nope

Buy Halo Wars 2

Sorry, nope

Buy Halo Wars 2

I hear it's really good, actually! I'm just not too into the series; tried 1, didn't ring my bell.

Nyah. :p

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I tried playing it, but it just wasn't quite meshing with me. I then wanted to try on PC, since the one copy works on both and I thought a mouse setup might serve me better, but my graphics card's not up to snuff, so I uninstalled.

Want to give it another go before I write it off, though.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Halo Wars 2 is good, if not great. At the very least it's enjoyable to watch little Halo units battle other little Halo units.

But I'll admit, I had a lot more fun playing the Halo Wars remaster that came with it than Halo Wars 2 proper.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Sorry, nope

Buy Halo Wars 2

In case this is another example of UV's biting wit, Halo Wars 2 is a fantastic game--and it's beautiful and has great cinematics (which isn't up to debate).

That being said, it's a really in different genre that pretty much completely died on console, and despite having good controls (not necessarily on the PC release), I don't think it'd change your feelings on the matter. Uncharted 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider are both excellent--but if you hate third-person cover-based shooters, they probably won't change your opinion. Even Gears of War 4 won't. This is a much more niche genre.

Games, unfortunately, are punished for trying to do different things or revive dying genres.

Synthesis wrote: »

Sorry, nope

Buy Halo Wars 2

In case this is another example of UV's biting wit, Halo Wars 2 is a fantastic game--and it's beautiful and has great cinematics (which isn't up to debate).

That being said, it's a really in different genre that pretty much completely died on console, and despite having good controls (not necessarily on the PC release), I don't think it'd change your feelings on the matter. Uncharted 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider are both excellent--but if you hate third-person cover-based shooters, they probably won't change your opinion. Even Gears of War 4 won't. This is a much more niche genre.

Games, unfortunately, are punished for trying to do different things or revive dying genres.

I'm still trying to figure out how/why a tile on the dashboard would help advertise a feature that developers would have to utilize... but... eh... IDK.

Did a bit of ME:A this weekend. My takeaway from the game is... it's okay. Definitely wouldn't trust hype response for or against it. Not seeing myself playing it as much as the previous iterations though. Definitely not to the same extent as ME:1. Focused on the multiplayer, but it's hard to feel vested in the chars. Even Gears multiplayer characters have some sense of personality to them via the VO stuff.

Went back to see what made ME:3's Multiplayer characters seem more interesting, and its the fact that I could actually name them. That one simple thing turned them from RNG acquisition victories to like, my squads... I see there's strike teams, but I don't think that's the same. I have "Human Female Soldier - II," "Angara Insurgent," and so forth. Just... eh. Seems like such a silly thing to take away.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Anyone playing Paladins beta on xbox? Don't see a thread. But I got a code and have been liking what I've seen. Its made by the Smite devs, but so far there are no crazy skins yet. But if Smite is anything to go by. Give them time.

I'd say ME:A is... It's fine, yeah. It's not the return of Space Jesus, and I haven't touched the campaign side, but I suspect it's going to be perfectly adequate, and the MP very well supported for quite some time. I'm leaning to a preorder just because I'm a huge sucker for bite-sized co-op shooters and opening packs of things.

Issues? Yeah, but none fundamental, and I suspect anything extant is capable of being addressed in a patch. As for the animations thing, I have played and enjoyed both Neverwinter and STO. ME:A ain't got nothing on those two.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    i want to drive around on planets and shoot mans so it should be fun for that

I figure "huh, I liked it enough to spend 10 hours on the MP without noticing I spent 10 hours on the MP", so if I get another 20-something out of just the MP, I'm at 30 hours which is respectable for a launch price title. That's without touching the SP side even.

edited March 2017
    Hey DP or anyone else, are you on a One S with a 4K tv? If so, are your captures coming out like this?
    x6RqBY0.png

Even the video captures I did were like that.

tastydonuts on
    If/when I pick up Andromeda, it'll be for the singleplayer experience exclusively. I have too many other games that do the wave-based co-op survival gameplay on top of other actual multiplayer modes to bother with the same thing, in space. But if you don't own any of those other titles, getting it makes good sense.

edited March 2017
    If/when I pick up Andromeda, it'll be for the singleplayer experience exclusively. I have too many other games that do the wave-based co-op survival gameplay on top of other actual multiplayer modes to bother with the same thing, in space. But if you don't own any of those other titles, getting it makes good sense.

Yeah, if you have games that fill the niches already there's no point in getting ME:A at launch. I doubt you'll miss much, especially if you just want the SP stuff, which would have the added benefit of playing through the DLC as you level, assuming it's built to flow with the game and isn't just "after the ending" type stuff. Especially at launch. I mean if you want to ride the "feels" with everyone as they play through maybe there's that for you? But eh.

MP really annoyed me. Carrying on the simple customization options from ME:3's MP and removing the naming stuff really annoys me. That and they removed helmets on half the human toons so it's all derpy faceless, nameless clones. I don't think there's much in the way of MP achievements this go round either, fortunately.

Thinking about disengaging from the ME:A related community too for a bit. The "I don't understand why..." is getting to be a bit much.

tastydonuts on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    So fam, the nub nubs on my newer S controller sticks seem to have the texture wearing out, which is a shame because it's only been six months. It's not like what the 360 controllers did in terms of the stick eroding, but I didn't think an hour or two of daily use would wear it that quickly that's what she said. The original One controller sticks seemed to be more resilient.

Yeah, if you have games that fill the niches already there's no point in getting ME:A at launch. I doubt you'll miss much, especially if you just want the SP stuff, which would have the added benefit of playing through the DLC as you level, assuming it's built to flow with the game and isn't just "after the ending" type stuff. Especially at launch. I mean if you want to ride the "feels" with everyone as they play through maybe there's that for you? But eh.

MP really annoyed me. Carrying on the simple customization options from ME:3's MP and removing the naming stuff really annoys me. That and they removed helmets on half the human toons so it's all derpy faceless, nameless clones. I don't think there's much in the way of MP achievements this go round either, fortunately.

Thinking about disengaging from the ME:A related community too for a bit. The "I don't understand why..." is getting to be a bit much.

Huh--is response negative? Or is it specifically aimed at the multiplayer? I haven't been to the ME thread on the boards here, so aside from the whole blow-up about the animation work, I don't know how the response has been. Polygon gave it a 7.5--in other words, a pretty good (but not life-changing) game by their metrics, or perhaps something that's simultaneously quite outstanding but seriously flawed. Halo Wars 2 and Nier both got 8 from them, but of course "lol numbers."

I was in the ME3 multiplayer beta (and then actually played it in the real game), which probably has something to do with why I quit and never went back. If it's fundamentally the same thing--with no real player versus player or other co-op modes--but with different skins and with one less customization option, there's even less motivation for me personally.

And then there's the RNG for rewards if that's back....

Huh--is response negative? Or is it specifically aimed at the multiplayer? I haven't been to the ME thread on the boards here, so aside from the whole blow-up about the animation work, I don't know how the response has been. Polygon gave it a 7.5--in other words, a pretty good (but not life-changing) game by their metrics, or perhaps something that's simultaneously quite outstanding but seriously flawed. Halo Wars 2 and Nier both got 8 from them, but of course "lol numbers."

I was in the ME3 multiplayer beta (and then actually played it in the real game), which probably has something to do with why I quit and never went back. If it's fundamentally the same thing--with no real player versus player or other co-op modes--but with different skins and with one less customization option, there's even less motivation for me personally.

Aye, that post is more to the general vibe, not just here. Putting the knee-jerk (ha) animation thing aside, a lot of the critical response I've read puts it rightfully as an average game: most games are this.

I did a ton of ME:3 Multiplayer. I think I got like 90% of the content that was available before I gradually stopped playing it. Yeah, it's still all RNG rewards with credits. But this go round I don't see myself putting in that much time in it.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

I looked in the ME thread and maybe this is helpful to you?
    You can name your MP characters in the App.

I have no idea why, if you see it in game or what.

Just thought it was interesting, since you can't (that I can tell) in game.
    EDIT: Also
    ObiFett wrote: »

I just gave my MP Asari Sentinel a name through the app. Apparently I can also change the description of the class?

I don't ever remember seeing that option in game, though.

I downloaded the APEX app 20 minutes ago, looks pretty nice, I dont have anything unlocked though (because I havent played the game yet) but I can send out Strike teams and apparently get rewards before I have game.

Sirialis on
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017

I stupidly bought 1 month of EA Access because I thought it would give me full early access instead of 10-hours worth. As such, I played the SP only. I liked the combat, the story seemed pretty decent so far, and I'm really looking forward to playing it tomorrow after work. The fact that this is the fourth installation of the story combined with how so many people still feel robbed with ME3's ending (it was a crappy way to end things, but nothing worth screaming and demanding a new ending... people need to just flat out get over that and move on), I think that's why ME:A is getting above-meh and below-hype reviews.

The ME:A thread in here is too much for me to keep up with, so I flat out don't follow it.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    Ah, cool. Thanks.
    Sirialis wrote: »

I looked in the ME thread and maybe this is helpful to you?
    You can name your MP characters in the App.

I have no idea why, if you see it in game or what.

Just thought it was interesting, since you can't (that I can tell) in game.

EDIT: Also
    ObiFett wrote: »

I just gave my MP Asari Sentinel a name through the app. Apparently I can also change the description of the class?

I don't ever remember seeing that option in game, though.

I downloaded the APEX app 20 minutes ago, looks pretty nice, I dont have anything unlocked though (because I havent played the game yet) but I can send out Strike teams and apparently get rewards before I have game.

aye, I responded in there. I mean, that helps. Really wish they would have just kept the helmets on all the humans instead of giving some of them faces and all though. You can be say... female infiltrator without a helm or a guy with the helm on and it's like eh. One of the males is this sickly looking bald guy and it's like why? Maybe they were going to give the option for better customization then just backed out of it? IDK.

They did keep the equivalent of "emblems" in the game, as I saw one person with a background on his nametag in a lobby..

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular

video removed to reduce size of this post

it's great that features like this are being made available, but MS really needs to do a better job of letting people know about them.
    That's actually really awesome, and something that my son would love to do as well. He always wants to help, so I'm going to have to find how to get this working so he can help me play my games.

Maybe it's just me, but that guy's voice was driving me insane the whole time. I wanted to stop so many times, but the topic was too interesting. Was his voice run through some weird filter? It almost seemed layered.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    The helmets thing doesn't bother me, probably because I stuck to the Asari/Salarians/Krogan, who didn't have helmets anyway.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »

video removed to reduce size of this post

That's actually really awesome, and something that my son would love to do as well. He always wants to help, so I'm going to have to find how to get this working so he can help me play my games.

Maybe it's just me, but that guy's voice was driving me insane the whole time. I wanted to stop so many times, but the topic was too interesting. Was his voice run through some weird filter? It almost seemed layered.

that's not his natural voice. not sure exactly what they do to make him sound like that for those videos but there's a process there. for contrast here's his voice without any filter/modulation/whatever,

edited March 2017
    Any body ever run into this bullshit error 0x87e107f9? I cant play anything on my xbox one s as it says Im not signed in but, I am. I dont know wth is up with this.

edit: I can play disc games...

edit2: trying to launch via store and I get this equally bullshit "if you're on this xbox regularly make it your home xbox" nonsense error like Im account sharing. They are both my goddamn xboxes. Wtf is this shit?

edit3: You are not an asshole if you account share. my apologies.

tastydonuts on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I've had stuff similar to that happen. Did you try a hard restart.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Also are you using game sharing? That can cause some wonkiness if they accidentally log in as you.

I reset the box, hard shutdown'd, unplugged it, did the same to my router... this is stupid

edited March 2017

I reset the box, hard shutdown'd, unplugged it, did the same to my router... this is stupid

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/errors/error-code-87e00008

Not that it's too much help I imagine. Try signing out/in of the box though; if the DRM bits are wedged, that ought to force a refresh.

Edit: Oh, more google says it's not just you; they're having trouble on Live, and I'm guessing someone somewhere is frantically UNwedging their auth servers for digital content...

dporowski on
    My friend is hitting this sane error right now, maybe a goofup on Microsofts end

edited March 2017
    It wont let me switch this one to my home console either... :|

They are both my consoles... ugh.

edit: I see now. That service alert wasn't up earlier when I was at their page. Went to the other box anyway.

tastydonuts on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Can't play any of my digital games. It'd be nice if this got fixed by midnight.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Yeah my buddy was livid about it because of Mass Effect

This is a pretty bad goof up

This discussion has been closed.