As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo] Finished Zelda? Why don't you play...hang on, gimme a second...

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    My fiancé is watching Cake Wars and they're making Pokémon cakes and this one woman keeps calling Pikachu "Pickachu" and I am drunkly screaming at the TV

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    i am now upset at how well amazon can predict things i would like to buy but won't.

Over the years I have used my amazon account to buy things for different people
    So it's prediction thing is well off for me sometimes it's right but most of the time I have no idea why it's offering me this?

i logged on and it was just "here's a bunch of dresses and dragons."

and, well.

you got too fucking real there amazon.

Dresses and Dragons would be a killer fantasy RPG fashion show title.

fuck that, it's a game where instead of a level you have a fashion score, and only by being more fashionable can you beat challenges.

and then there is themes, like High Concept Only Dungeon, or Mom Jeans Only.

That would be a fun game to do dungeons and kill monsters for fashionable items
    Like this orge has some cute shoes it must die or the lich's phylactery would make a necklace prefect for your rival

but also using monster parts to make new fashionable items, and also scores change based on style, season, and just through time. so while there's no actually item durability, that dress has a limited shelf life, until some trend setter brings it back.

Apropos of nothing, I just bought the complete set of Designers & Dragons books...

(It's a history/encyclopedia of the tabletop RPG industry through 2010 by Evil Hat Games)

i'm listening, but also made a thread for this idea.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    My fiancé is watching Cake Wars and they're making Pokémon cakes and this one woman keeps calling Pikachu "Pickachu" and I am drunkly screaming at the TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K20qSEBuwA8

if you listen carefully it sounds like she's singing about PIKACHU because of her pronounciation for Pick Up U....

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

Man theres no excuse for that now Pikachu is up there with Mackey Moose and Batmangs

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

Man theres no excuse for that now Pikachu is up there with Mackey Moose and Batmangs

Super Marryo

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

Super Marryo

Dark Fader

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

Super Marryo

Dark Fader

Pokeyman

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Super Marryo

Excuse me but that's how I pronounce Mario with my Philly accent.

Literally every person I've met outside of Philly calls me in it

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Super Marryo

Excuse me but that's how I pronounce Mario with my Philly accent.

Literally every person I've met outside of Philly calls me in it

This is how I say it, too.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Marryo I get because it's a real name and that's how people who have it really pronounce it

I'm pretty sure anyone that says "pokeyman" is attempting to signal that they don't know anything about Pokemon, because they believe having even the most baseline interest in it is childish and immature

It's the baby boomer equivalent of "handegg"

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Handegg?

Nothing. Matters.
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Handegg?

Nerds on twitter who aggressively want you to know that they don't care about football call it "handegg," "because that's a more accurate description of what it is"

Speed Racer on
    My mind went straight to tamagotchis

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Pros say poogle

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Welp, had to yank the HDMI cord out of my switcher while I'm not playing because the dumb system keeps sending an HDMI signal to the TV every hour or so which causes it to switch over, realize there's nothing there, and then switch back.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I've started down the path of calling Monster Hunter Monhun and I'm not sure I like where this is going

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    You excited to play Monhun with your Joycon

6F32U1X.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Welp, had to yank the HDMI cord out of my switcher while I'm not playing because the dumb system keeps sending an HDMI signal to the TV every hour or so which causes it to switch over, realize there's nothing there, and then switch back.

It doesn't do this if you power it down rather than leave it in sleep mode.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's literally faster and easier to just yank the hdmi at that point and plug it in when I play

Kind of a bummer, since the snappiness of the system is actually really nice aside from that

Mr. G wrote: »
    Tumbleseed and Pocket Rumble both said March, but I feel like Nintendo was giving us a line.

Pocket Rumble is a perfect fit for Switch though.

I just don't know how well any fighting game will be on the Switch

The primary way we'll play most every multiplayer game will be with sideways Joycons, which I cannot imagine being any good for a fighting game

Analog stick-only and 4 buttons?
    Pocket Rumble is, by design, meant to be played with only a few buttons. It's a good fit.

Finally looked this up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKtCEQelIUc

Hey, you're right!

Pocket Rumble is a 2-button game and seems like the ideal fighting game for Switch, even in tabletop mode with Joycons

6F32U1X.png
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Huh. It looks like they took all the things I hate about Street Fixed and fixed them. Not only is it designed to be played with two buttons, it's also built so you don't have to do arcane combos in frame-perfect execution to play. I really like the system they have for queuing up moves and showing you how much time is left in each animation.

Frem on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I've started down the path of calling Monster Hunter Monhun and I'm not sure I like where this is going

well that's just correct japanese title slang

BahamutZERO.gif
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I think it would probably be closer to "Mo-Han", but you've got the right idea.

sarukun wrote: »
    I think it would probably be closer to "Mo-Han", but you've got the right idea.

I thought "monhun" was literally how it was referred to in japan

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Marryo I get because it's a real name and that's how people who have it really pronounce it

I'm pretty sure anyone that says "pokeyman" is attempting to signal that they don't know anything about Pokemon, because they believe having even the most baseline interest in it is childish and immature

It's the baby boomer equivalent of "handegg"

I love Pokemon and I say that cause I think it sounds funny.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Can you imagine if a Japanese film critic was reviewing trolls the movie and kept saying how it was a disappointing piece of American cinema compared to the godfather

PNk1Ml4.png
    still can't really tell if that game's actually good

feel like it's gonna take a bunch of review impressions or else just trying it myself

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Arms needs a demo for sure.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Arms will be Switch GOTY

Maybe

I dunno, Super Mario Odyssey looks really good too but Arms just looks incredible to me

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Arms approaches release date, they release a gameplay video that shows two metal arms. The camera pans down to show a yellow, mining-looking robot with glowing blue eyes. The full name of the game is filled in to reveal "Metal Arms: Switch in the System."

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I'm still sad we'll never get a sequel to that

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Arms will be Switch GOTY

Maybe

I dunno, Super Mario Odyssey looks really good too but Arms just looks incredible to me

I want nothing more than for Arms to be the next Splatoon.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Thing is I was sold on splatoon the second I saw it

Every time I see arms I just think mmmmmmmmaybe?

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Thing is I was sold on splatoon the second I saw it

Every time I see arms I just think mmmmmmmmaybe?

NEVER

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    arms looks like a game that is really really cool that I have no interest in buying

I just need to know the whole suite of what Arms offers

Does it have any sort of campaign?

6F32U1X.png
    Playing Zelda already makes me never want to do anything with the Switch motion controls ever again.

This discussion has been closed.